Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas

Go down 
+2
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

I'm having difficulty thinking this up. I can't write the story until the plot is airtight.

How about we stay with the original note idea? Saul could wear a ring with the emblem on it, and it could be used to seal the envelope shut after being dipped in red wax.

Then the only thing we need to figure out is exactly what the letter says.

Right. I've been waiting for you guys to show up.

To show up in this thread, you mean?

Well, we're here now. No need to fret. lol!

But you saw what I came up with for the letter: it was terrible!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

I'm having difficulty thinking this up. I can't write the story until the plot is airtight.

How about we stay with the original note idea? Saul could wear a ring with the emblem on it, and it could be used to seal the envelope shut after being dipped in red wax.

Right. I've been waiting for you guys to show up.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Oh...I think an emblem is a cool idea. Then it could lead to a mini-mystery of some sort. Maybe it is some kind of symbol standing for his group--I went through the previous posts and saw that symbol you posted, Louisa. Something like that would be cool. You could insert the symbol into your section, or a picture, if you go with a physical symbol, like Tourterelle suggested.

Hmm...you guys have got me thinking.

By the way, is it just me or has the number of trolls on Y!A B&A increased? I just dealt with one named "Mrs. Edward Cullen". LOL!

I will send you a PM about the last statement.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Oh...I think an emblem is a cool idea. Then it could lead to a mini-mystery of some sort. Maybe it is some kind of symbol standing for his group--I went through the previous posts and saw that symbol you posted, Louisa. Something like that would be cool. You could insert the symbol into your section, or a picture, if you go with a physical symbol, like Tourterelle suggested.

Hmm...you guys have got me thinking.

By the way, is it just me or has the number of trolls on Y!A B&A increased? I just dealt with one named "Mrs. Edward Cullen". LOL!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Okay, so what's been going on here? I actually woke up at 2:15 pm today, so I missed your conversation. So Louisa is writing the next part? Yeah, we've established a pattern.

Hey, Zara. You think you could help us out? So I'm writing the part where Arabelle wakes up in Pearl's house, reads the note and then meets Wyatt while she takes a walk. Me and Tourterelle are deciding whether to make a note or an emblem left by Saul as the "evidence."

It could be something physical too like in Inkheart, with the dead rooster. noidea
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Okay, so what's been going on here? I actually woke up at 2:15 pm today, so I missed your conversation. So Louisa is writing the next part? Yeah, we've established a pattern.

Hey, Zara. You think you could help us out? So I'm writing the part where Arabelle wakes up in Pearl's house, reads the note and then meets Wyatt while she takes a walk. Me and Tourterelle are deciding whether to make a note or an emblem left by Saul as the "evidence."
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 1_122210

This could be their emblem. Just an idea. lol!

What is that even from? Laughing

My friend designed it. He never got around to use it, though. It was hard to find; I had to scrounge around my folders. Laughing

It's well done, anyway. Smile

lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

My friend designed it. He never got around to use it, though. It was hard to find; I had to scrounge around my folders. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Hey, guys. I read your parts and loved it. How's the plot coming? I haven't been on for hours because I was...traveling around Canada. lol!

Very Happy Thanks!

Plot's coming around, actually. Next part up is Arabelle waking up in Pearl's home, opening the letter, and later meeting with Wyatt after he comes to call.

Do you want to write this part, then? We seem to have that pattern going. Smile

Ah, okay. I was a little confused about Arabelle waking up in Pearl's home. So she fell asleep in the carriage and Pearl had someone bring her up to her room, or something? But then why would Saul place the letter in Pearl's home instead of Arabelle's? And how will I make Wyatt and Arabelle meet?

Well, maybe Arabelle could enter the house, then go straight to bed by herself?

As for the letter, she already pocketed it at the scene of the crime. And Wyatt and Arabelle meeting; well, you could do that however you want, I suppose! I thought perhaps he could come to Pearl's house by himself to meet her there.

I was thinking that maybe Arabelle would decide to go for a walk to clear her head and think things through when she meets Wyatt along the way. Then they could talk more properly as they walk. Um, what do you think? Laughing

That works! Very Happy

She would probably have to sneak out though to avoid going with a chaperone, right?

That's what I was thinking. Then in the end I would make Pearl become mother and scold Arabelle for sneaking out. Laughing

As for the note. It's this, right?

Arabelle Marsh:

Your father's crimes were unforgivable, and we have therefore killed him. Be forewarned: You are next.

Excuse me for laughing, but... lol!

Embarassed I told you it was horrible! Embarassed

Okay okay, don't use it. lol!

No, it's okay. We'll just edit that later. It's just the "we have therefore killed him" that sounds...weird.

lol! It sounds weird because it's SO cheesy.

You're right, it was really bad. Let's think of a new note, or just a symbol.

I remember in a Nancy Drew book, the evil guy left a symbol, like an emblem of three branches intertwined. Maybe we could make an emblem like that? Problem is, we don't have a group name for Saul yet so we can't make the emblem, too.

Exactly! Um, I still like Assemblage of ______

We just need to fill in that blank.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Hey, guys. I read your parts and loved it. How's the plot coming? I haven't been on for hours because I was...traveling around Canada. lol!

Very Happy Thanks!

Plot's coming around, actually. Next part up is Arabelle waking up in Pearl's home, opening the letter, and later meeting with Wyatt after he comes to call.

Ah, okay. I was a little confused about Arabelle waking up in Pearl's home. So she fell asleep in the carriage and Pearl had someone bring her up to her room, or something? But then why would Saul place the letter in Pearl's home instead of Arabelle's? And how will I make Wyatt and Arabelle meet?

As for the letter, she already pocketed it at the scene of the crime. And Wyatt and Arabelle meeting; well, you could do that however you want, I suppose! I thought perhaps he could come to Pearl's house by himself to meet her there.

I was thinking that maybe Arabelle would decide to go for a walk to clear her head and think things through when she meets Wyatt along the way. Then they could talk more properly as they walk. Um, what do you think? Laughing

That works! Very Happy

She would probably have to sneak out though to avoid going with a chaperone, right?

That's what I was thinking. Then in the end I would make Pearl become mother and scold Arabelle for sneaking out. Laughing

Arabelle Marsh:

Your father's crimes were unforgivable, and we have therefore killed him. Be forewarned: You are next.

No, it's okay. We'll just edit that later. It's just the "we have therefore killed him" that sounds...weird.

I remember in a Nancy Drew book, the evil guy left a symbol, like an emblem of three branches intertwined. Maybe we could make an emblem like that? Problem is, we don't have a group name for Saul yet so we can't make the emblem, too.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

That works! Very Happy

Arabelle Marsh:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

That works! Very Happy

Arabelle Marsh:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 pm

What's your idea for the note, then? tongue tongue

Maybe instead of the note, we could have some sort of symbol left? That seems more like Saul's style.

When I was younger there was this YA series, and the evil group left a hand print dipped in red blood on their victims or at the scene of the crime. We could do a symbol like that. noidea

Last edited by Tourterelle on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

That works! Very Happy

Arabelle Marsh:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

That works! Very Happy

Arabelle Marsh:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

That works! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Very Happy Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:15 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next