Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas

Go down 
+2
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Okay, so we have the first part laid out: there is a flashback, Arabelle sees Saul's face, snaps out of it in school...

Wait. Have we decided a time era for this yet?

I don't think so. Not medieval times, but not exactly modern with guns and etc...?

I was thinking maybe the Victorian Era or the Elizabethan Era. Obviously, we'd have a problem with fighting females, but we can lay exception to that...right?

Oh! Great idea!

Victorian Era gets my vote, definitely. It's so perfect! Very Happy

Wait: Victorian manga, though? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Okay, so we have the first part laid out: there is a flashback, Arabelle sees Saul's face, snaps out of it in school...

I don't think so. Not medieval times, but not exactly modern with guns and etc...?

I was thinking maybe the Victorian Era or the Elizabethan Era. Obviously, we'd have a problem with fighting females, but we can lay exception to that...right?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:18 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Thank you. Embarassed I guess I'm out of touch with todays youth lol!

Now...I'll stop cluttering your thread Embarassed

Nah, you're not cluttering it up; you're filling it up.

I think there's a difference, anyway. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:49 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
BeautyBlitz wrote:
Excuse my idiocy but what is Manga?

Manga is pretty much a Japanese graphic novel; they have awesome art and follow a storyline.

It's just like a book, except with pictures and speech bubbles. lol! I have a collection of them.

Eh, as I've said before, I don't usually read them, but I do have my favorites: Ranma 1/2 and Fushigi Yugi!
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:49 pm

Thank you. Embarassed I guess I'm out of touch with todays youth lol!

Now...I'll stop cluttering your thread Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
BeautyBlitz wrote:

Manga is pretty much a Japanese graphic novel; they have awesome art and follow a storyline.

It's just like a book, except with pictures and speech bubbles. lol! I have a collection of them.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:

It's a Japanese comic, Mariah. It is read from right to left, a contrast from most books.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:43 pm

I get the feeling this thread will probably be stuffed full before we even get to the other one! Very Happy

We still need to finish our story line, after all. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:38 pm

This is for everyone making the story about the Marsh family, their battle, etc. Remember, this topic is just for discussion of plot, characters, ideas, etc. Very Happy

Characters:
Arabelle Marsh: Black hair just longer than her shoulder; natural. 16 years old, and Saul's half-sister. Falls in love with Wyatt Clay.

Pearl Edwin: Long blond waves and green eyes; absolutely stunning. One of Arabelle's best friends. Can act vain, but not in an obvious way. Makes the best snide comments, and is attracted to Saul, but tries not to acknowledge that attraction. 16 years old. Kills Nathan in battle, then when Anya tries to kill her for revenge, both Anya and Pearl kill each other.

Augusta "Gus" Gilbert: 16 years old with brown eyes and with brown curls falling just past her shoulders. Quiet, but not weird. Sometime during the book, gets raped by an unknown group of men. During the rape, Saul rescues her. She feels as if Arabelle and Pearl, her two best friends, have abandoned her, and she is depressed for awhile. Saul comforts her throughout her recovery, and she goes to his side. They fall in love with each other. Later, however, Gus goes back to Arabelle, making Saul furious.

Saul Marsh: Arabelle's father cheated on Arabelle's mother with Saul's mother, resulting in Saul. Arabelle's father, however, was never there for him. Saul's mother died when Saul was 8, and he became an orphan. He found his father though, and was furious with him for having a happy life with Arabelle and Arabelle's mother. Saul is now 19 years old, and seeks revenge; he is taking over the country with his minions Nathan, Wyatt, and Anya, and an army of mindless followers. Saul is sort of a womanizer, but does not have a reputation for it: he loves teasing and flirting with Pearl though, as she is gorgeous and resists him. Th at fades, however, when he falls in love with Gus. He is angry when she returns to Arabelle. Saul is 19 years old, has black hair, and gray, empty eyes.

Wyatt Clay: A minion of Saul, and 17-18 years old. Falls in love with Arabelle.

Nathaniel "Nathan" Shaw: 18 years old, a minion of Saul and a brother of Anya. He is killed by Pearl.

Anya Shaw: 16-18 years old (not decided) and a minion of Saul. She is Nathan's sister, and when Nathan is killed by Pearl, she is furious and when fighting with Pearl over it, kills Pearl and Pearl kills her.

Storyline/Events:
1. Arabelle has vision/dream of her brother Saul during school. During the vision, Saul is a young boy wearing rags. He is singing while strolling down the street. Occasionally, he breaks into laughter. In the vision, when he sees Arabelle, he stops singing, pulls out one bloody hand from behind his back, then the other from behind his back, which holds the head of Arabelle's father.
2. Pearl wakes Arabelle from the vision. As it turns out, they are in dancing class, which has just ended.
3. Arabelle tells Pearl and Gus of the dream during French class.
4. Upon returning home, Arabelle finds policemen, neighbors, and her friends there, all of whom are horrified. She goes upstairs to the master suite, finds a note, then discovers her mother and father beheaded. She blacks out.
5. Arabelle wakes up, and has a bit of a meltdown upon discovering that her parents were murdered for no apparent reason, as their most expensive possessions are still there. Pearl and Gus take Arabelle to Pearl's house in their carriage.

Last edited by Tourterelle on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9