Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas

Go down 
+2
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:06 am

Okay, good.

I was thinking perhaps it could be inside a sealed letter. Do you know how people used to heat wax, then stamp the letter closed? Saul's group could have their own red wax seal, then. I think the parchment and envelope should be very fancy, as well, just to be ironic.

Group's name idea: Assemblage of __________

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/group
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:03 am

That sounds good...it seems more straightforward than cliched...
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:22 am

Arabelle Marsh:

Your father's crimes were unforgivable, and we have therefore killed him. Be forewarned: You are next.

----

Eh, cheesy, or not? We could edit later, I suppose.

I think we should also come up with a name for Saul's "group."
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
I agree with you. How about she wakes up, connects her vision with the murders, then later meets with Wyatt?

She should probably open the note somewhere in there as well.

Definitely. What should be written in the note?

Well, it has to be short and to the point, because Saul doesn't seem like the type to write a lengthy complaint.

Perhaps something that targets Arabelle? Something that says "You're next" but that specifically seems really cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 am

Tourterelle wrote:
I agree with you. How about she wakes up, connects her vision with the murders, then later meets with Wyatt?

Definitely. What should be written in the note?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:59 pm

I agree with you. How about she wakes up, connects her vision with the murders, then later meets with Wyatt? Maybe Wyatt can come to Pearl's house himself, searching for her.

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:17 pm

I read it and I loved it. Hmm...now we need to figure out what comes next. I'm assuming it is the next morning at Pearl's house, when the next passage starts. I think that Arabelle should meet with Wyatt in the next excerpt.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 pm

I just put it up a few minutes ago, if you want to check it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
That sounds like a good idea. Anyways, who is going to write the next part and what events will it cover?

I can write the next part, and as for the events, how about it covers her being asked if she's okay by various policemen, then her leaving.

How should she leave? Pearl takes her and Gus home in a carriage, perhaps?

I'll have it up tonight. Very Happy

Good plan. I can't wait to read your part.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
That sounds like a good idea. Anyways, who is going to write the next part and what events will it cover?

I can write the next part, and as for the events, how about it covers her being asked if she's okay by various policemen, then her leaving.

How should she leave? Pearl takes her and Gus home in a carriage, perhaps?

I'll have it up tonight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:26 am

Maybe right there, among policemen asking her if she's okay. Then, she could freak out and leave.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:24 am

I ended the passage with Arabelle blacking out, so where should she wake up?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:19 am

I like it so far, Zara! I can't think of any changes to be made.

Next, maybe we could have Arabelle run to her friend's house, but along the way she meets Wyatt?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Okay, I just posted my part. Again, it's just a first draft, so it might not read that well. I'll edit later if necesary (I probably will).

So what happens next? I didn't have Arabelle open the letter. All she did in my passage was spot it, and slip it into her dress.

If you want me to make any changes, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:44 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Oh...you've been giving me good ideas. Now, I'll go and write this part (and my college essays), so I'll get off LC for some time. I'll be back later today though, hopefully with my part completed!

thumbs Sounds good.

See you then!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Oh...you've been giving me good ideas. Now, I'll go and write this part (and my college essays), so I'll get off LC for some time. I'll be back later today though, hopefully with my part completed!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
So I'm going from the end of Louisa's passage to the beheading and the note. Should I include her going to sleep, contemplating everything going on around her?

I think so, but I doubt she would be at her house still; it would be swarming with police, right?

Maybe she stays with Pearl or Gus.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:28 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
That would be interesting, if we made the carriage driver Saul himself. Then, Arabelle would see some of him, but not enough to connect him to her memory.

Ooh, interesting twist! How about she hears him whistling the tune from her vision when she leaves the carriage and enters the house?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:27 pm

Okay, I should have the passage up at some point today...
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:26 pm

So I'm going from the end of Louisa's passage to the beheading and the note. Should I include her going to sleep, contemplating everything going on around her?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:25 pm

That would be interesting, if we made the carriage driver Saul himself. Then, Arabelle would see some of him, but not enough to connect him to her memory.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:21 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
I've got a quick question, though. Does Arabelle go to her house alone, or does somebody accompany her (considering that this is the Victorian era)?

For your other question: maybe she spends the rest of the day dwelling on her vision, then upon returning home, finds it came true: her parents were beheaded.

I suppose someone would accompany her. Maybe a carriage picks her up from school to take her home?

How about the carriage driver was the person who murdered her parents as well, and he was hired by Saul? She wouldn't know that though, not yet. Very Happy

Unless Saul would do it himself? Your pick.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 pm

I've got a quick question, though. Does Arabelle go to her house alone, or does somebody accompany her (considering that this is the Victorian era)?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:15 pm

It's fine-we can always edit later. So, I'll be doing the next part? What am I going to write about? I'm guessing the end of that day, when Arabelle goes home and finds her parentss murdered with a note next to their corpses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next