Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas

Go down 
+2
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Oh...I want to write the next part, after Louisa Lynn (I'll pick up with after wherever she decides to end).

Oh, if you think your writing is bad, you haven't seen mine. My earliest drafts look like utter crap. It isn't until the very end, after a LOT of revisions, when it finally looks like something remotely decent.

Anyways, Louisa, have fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I would hope I'm the same way (how it eventually becomes decent), but I can never judge my own writing.

Tiskets is pretty cheesy; just a high-school angst story, but I was writing it out of passion.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 4:04 am

Anya Shaw: Fair, wispy blond hair and hazel eyes. Harsh, sharp, pointy features. Very skinny. Passionate about what she does and is convinced of Saul's cause. Adores and looks up to her brother, who treats her strictly, but secretly adores her. 16 years old.

Nathan Shaw: Same hair/eyes/build as Anya; wiry, sharp, blond, etc. Treats Anya harsh to toughen her up, but secretly adores her. Very dedicated to Saul's cause. 18 years old.

Wyatt Clay: Very light brown hair with soft curls. Big brown eyes. Falls for Arabelle. 18 years old.

What do you guys' think of Anya's and Nathan's looks/attitudes? Also, what should we do for Wyatt's personality?

I'm having a tough time thinking of a profile for him other than as Arabelle's lover. noidea

Last edited by Tourterelle on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 4:02 am

Oh...I want to write the next part, after Louisa Lynn (I'll pick up with after wherever she decides to end).

Oh, if you think your writing is bad, you haven't seen mine. My earliest drafts look like utter crap. It isn't until the very end, after a LOT of revisions, when it finally looks like something remotely decent.

Anyways, Louisa, have fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:58 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
I will. *raises hand eagerly* Sounds like fun. Pearl's sarcastic and witty, right?

Yes ma'am, she is. Very Happy

Have fun!

It may be a bit awful, but we'll edit it once it's done, right? After Pearl wakes her up, what happens next?

Oh, I'm sure it'll be good- mine was bad. Seriously, "January sky eyes." Laughing

Perhaps they discuss the vision? Then, they should go to Arabelle's home and find her parents murdered, beheaded. Very Happy

Should I write the murder part, too?

Um, if you want to! Very Happy

Make the details of their severed heads gory. Laughing

Meanwhile, I think I'll figure out what the minions look like... love
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:57 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
I will. *raises hand eagerly* Sounds like fun. Pearl's sarcastic and witty, right?

Have fun!

It may be a bit awful, but we'll edit it once it's done, right? After Pearl wakes her up, what happens next?

Oh, I'm sure it'll be good- mine was bad. Seriously, "January sky eyes." Laughing

Perhaps they discuss the vision? Then, they should go to Arabelle's home and find her parents murdered, beheaded. Very Happy

Should I write the murder part, too? Or will I pass it to another person?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:56 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Have fun!

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:54 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Have fun!

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 am

Who wants to write next?

It's Pearl waking her after the vision. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:15 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
I can start writing the dream after m if we work out exactly what she sees in that...vision? Dream?

What does she see Saul doing?

Maybe she had a vision of a young, neglected Saul.

Okay, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:12 am

Tourterelle wrote:
I can start writing the dream after m if we work out exactly what she sees in that...vision? Dream?

Maybe she had a vision of a young, neglected Saul.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:09 am

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
So, should we find out who writes what for the beginning, then?

And of course it doesn't have to be perfect right away: we can go through and edit later. Very Happy

How long are we making this? Full fledged novel?

A full fledged novel? That sounds like a lot of fun, but that would take a while to complete.

Though, if we are committed to this long enough, we could pull it off!

thumbs We can pull off anything!

woooork You're right though; it will take a ton of time. I'm okay with that though.

YAY! I'm okay with that too. Besides, I need something to procrastinate work on until graduation this June...

lol! It will be our pet project!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

And of course it doesn't have to be perfect right away: we can go through and edit later. Very Happy

A full fledged novel? That sounds like a lot of fun, but that would take a while to complete.

woooork You're right though; it will take a ton of time. I'm okay with that though.

YAY! I'm okay with that too. Besides, I need something to procrastinate work on until graduation this June...
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:52 am

Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:44 am

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:40 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Hey, guys. I just read the conversations. It would do well as a story.

Smile Okay, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:39 am

Hey, guys. I just read the conversations. It would do well as a story.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:30 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Since we've changed the setting, is that going to change the plot that we'd already put in place?

I don't think so; we'll just have the girls at a finishing school instead of a regular school, right? Smile

That should be okay. Are there any other things we need to do before we actually start writing?

Nope, I don't think so.

We should probably come up with the personalities and looks of Saul's minions, but that can be done later.

Is this still manga, or are we doing a story now? confused

Hmm...I don't know noidea

I'm willing to go either way, but I remember Louisa Lynn telling us that this would read better as a story, instead of a manga. What's your opinion?

I actually have changed my mind; a manga would be fun to do, but it might be too complicated. Plus, Louisa was the only one who said she could draw well, and we don't want to put all the pressure on her to draw, color, and scan each picture. And she's right: it might read better as a story.

So, I vote story. What do you think, Zara?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:28 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Since we've changed the setting, is that going to change the plot that we'd already put in place?

I don't think so; we'll just have the girls at a finishing school instead of a regular school, right? Smile

That should be okay. Are there any other things we need to do before we actually start writing?

Nope, I don't think so.

We should probably come up with the personalities and looks of Saul's minions, but that can be done later.

Hmm...I don't know noidea

I'm willing to go either way, but I remember Louisa Lynn telling us that this would read better as a story, instead of a manga. What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:23 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Nope, I don't think so.

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:13 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas   The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story Thread: Discussion/Ideas
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next