Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:08 am

Since 2008, dear Paul. But since it didn't snow last year, we were pretty excited to see the first snowfall. After that, "Okaaay, sick of it already. Change of scenery now." I'm freezing my ass off here. Ottawa was supposedly 11 degrees Celsius when we were -3 degrees on that day. Like, WHAT?! You can damn well have all the snow you want, William.

It's always the same questions in Psychology and Mental Health usually, sometimes I find myself answering and typing like a robot. You know, programmed to perform a certain task that way. The same thing over and over again. But I'm also able to find some pretty good ones, too.

Haha, that's pretty awesome about Oscar the Grouch. Smile I think this user name is meant to be. I'm not very familiar with the other characters, I just love Cookie Monster in particular. He stands out the most. I've already noticed that there are new regulars in B&A now. I can't really make friends in the Psychology section as I did in B&A, because people there are so depressed and with low self-esteem all the time, it's better to stay away from them or you'll become depressed, too.
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Haha, that's right...Paul hates snow, I completely forgot.
As for me, I'm rather envious of Louisa. Have fun with the snow.
I used to be in Psychology, but I moved to Mental Health for some reason. Have fun there. Psychology and Mental Health are actually very similar. You get the depressed and suicidal on both. It's a bit sad.

Anyway...you called yourself the cookie monster. Heh. I work at Sesame Street (It's a private English teaching center, here), so I'm rather familiar with the cast. I wish I wasn't. Did you know Oscar the Grouch suffers from OCD (obsession compulsive disorder? 8-) )According to Wikipedia, at any rate.

Last edited by March Hare on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, if Vancouver wants the snow, then Vancouver can have the snow. They can have all the snow that would normally come to me.

So, Louisa, are you sick of snow yet? Razz
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 am

It's begun to snow in Vancouver since three days ago. We're expecting this year's winter to be the worst in fifty-five years. Ah, so reminiscent of the winter two years ago when I first arrived in this strange, new country...how fast time flies.

Everyone's so happy about the snow because it only snowed once (I'm not even kidding) last year.

Oh, hello, negative degree weather. ;$
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:15 am

Paul wrote:
Jen! *HUG*

You are missed here, but it is understood that your classes are more important than being on the LC. Keep that GPA up! We'll be cheering for you all the way! cheers

It is also understood that this is cutting into your writing as well. And with five (!) classes coming up, this will cut even more into it, but for now concentrate on what you know is important. We will be rooting for you to get into Notre Dame! woooork

Hey Paul! *returns virtual hug*
Thank you! I wish I could access the LC at work, but I can't. I take the GRE in February and my Latin instructor already said she would write a letter of recommendation for me. That means I only need 2 more and I'm taking 2 classes from Medievalists next semester: Pagans,Christians, and Jews and The History of England Through the 17th Century so I'm going to ask them as well. Even though there's a lot of work headed my way I'm actually really excited. The only drawback is I may have to push my graduation date from 2012 to 2013 because I need some extra Language prep. *sigh* Which means Europe also gets pushed back to 2013.

Also that question about anger you saw on Y!A, I was angry because I bought plane tickets to go and visit my grandparents back home in Texas and my supervisor decided she didn't want to approve my leave for the second month in a row. I cannot tell you how hot I was over it. I talked to the Captain about it and he told her to fix it. I thought I was going to have to fight for it...but it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Huge relief. I can't wait to see them, it's been a really long time.

Okay this is turning into a novel... Night.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Jen! *HUG*

You are missed here, but it is understood that your classes are more important than being on the LC. Keep that GPA up! We'll be cheering for you all the way! cheers

It is also understood that this is cutting into your writing as well. And with five (!) classes coming up, this will cut even more into it, but for now concentrate on what you know is important. We will be rooting for you to get into Notre Dame! woooork
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 am

Hey people,
Just wanted to poke my head and say hello to you guys. I have been on Y!A still, mostly when I am at work. I've been really focused on school this semester is almost over... 3 weeks to go then 3 weeks off and then...then...I did something completely stupid and registered for 5 freaking classes with work from 230pm to 11pm. *sigh* I really want to graduate on time though which means 2 classes over the summer too. And I discovered that if I can keep my 3.8 gpa from dropping lowe than 3.5 I can get into Notre Dame's doctoral program and recieve *drumroll* full fundin for 5 years of study of which only 2 of them *have* to be on campus. Please please pray or keep your fingers crossed for me about this. I am so excited and I take my GRE exam in the spring and fall of next year.

Anyway, how is everyone doing? I've missed you all and I promise to pop in a little more often over the holidays when I am off.

Haven't done much writing lately either =(

@Louisa-- Hi. I am Jen, nice to meet you. =)

See ya guys. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 am

I'm a regular in the Psychology section now. I just love that category! The subject intrigues me so. It's a pretty fitting position for me, too, because there are so many depressed people there, and I've always been the therapist around my peers, so I'm kind of just in awe of how much I can contribute.

I am in Level 3 now, and a TC in Psychology. (Just got my badge last night! Very Happy)
My name there is: Cookie Monster {omnomnom}
I don't accept emails, contacts or fans, because I learned my lesson from the last incident. Phew.

I'm doing great, Paul. Smile I've got some free time on my belt, so I might be here more often.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:55 pm

I still hang out at B&A for the most part (when I am there, which hasn't been too much lately).

It's great to see you around, Louisa! How are things going with you?
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:08 am

Which section do you specialize in now, Lousia??
I no longer hang out and B&A either. I guess I just lost interest. The Mental Health section is more interesting; for me, at least.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 am

Hey, guys! It's Louisa here, just popping in for a visit. I hope everyone's well.

I stopped in to inform all my former Y!A contacts that I'm back in business! ; ) Yep, I'm an addict once again. I almost forgot how addicting it really is. For the first few months after my original account got suspended, I wanted to kill a Y!A staff member. C'mon, I was in frigging Level Six, man! Who wouldn't hold a grudge?! But I'm pretty satisfied with my account now.

Who has figured out my identity there? Note that I no longer hang in Books and Authors. :p
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am

Hey. I hope everyone is well. Things have been a bit slow around here lately. Hopefully I'll be seeing all of you around here soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I for one have experience with being a chocolate bum (not having one, being one!). lol!
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:28 am

I have to share this story with someone. Gosh I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow. I don't care.

One of my Y!A contacts though my username was Jen[Chocolate Bum ] not b-u-r-n for months now. they e-mailed me to say they only just realized it and that this made them realize they needed glasses...

hahahaha. it made my freaking day. I horse laughed. I'm still giggling. :-S
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Hahaha-- I actually thought about you and hit girl the other day when I was thinking about Johnny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Jen wrote:
Lillian wrote:
Mind clueing us in? I've been wondering....

"Chocolate Burn" my Y!A nickname... Kay. Johnny Vigilante AKA Chocolate Burn is a candy factory worker. He has just been transferred to the chocolate covered pepper taste testing side and he hates his job even more now. His secret passion is to be in Law Enforcement but after failing test after test to enter the "academy" he becomes discouraged and here's where I can't decide where to go... should he 1) win the lottery and become a masked crusader to rival batman OR 2) set up shop as a PI or bounty hunter. I like the masked crusafer idea I just think that the lottery is a bit cliche-- i just can't figure out a way to make it *not* seem cliche or totally obvious that it's him-- cause if he's a masked crusader I wanted his calling card to be chocolate covered peppers or chocolate bars.. but if it's *that* it would be so obvious to the people trying to figure out who he is. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe it's only obvious to me.. :/

Anyhow.. this is the chocolate burn it's also my working title for this story.

That sounds TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME! I want to read that!
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 am

Lillian wrote:

"Chocolate Burn" my Y!A nickname... Kay. Johnny Vigilante AKA Chocolate Burn is a candy factory worker. He has just been transferred to the chocolate covered pepper taste testing side and he hates his job even more now. His secret passion is to be in Law Enforcement but after failing test after test to enter the "academy" he becomes discouraged and here's where I can't decide where to go... should he 1) win the lottery and become a masked crusader to rival batman OR 2) set up shop as a PI or bounty hunter. I like the masked crusafer idea I just think that the lottery is a bit cliche-- i just can't figure out a way to make it *not* seem cliche or totally obvious that it's him-- cause if he's a masked crusader I wanted his calling card to be chocolate covered peppers or chocolate bars.. but if it's *that* it would be so obvious to the people trying to figure out who he is. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe it's only obvious to me.. :/

Anyhow.. this is the chocolate burn it's also my working title for this story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 am

Paul wrote:
I won't be on quite as often, only because I can no longer access this site from my work computer. Right now I can still come on here daily after work, but when the time comes when I have to work 12-hour days and 7-day weeks (not in the immediate future as far as I know), my time here will be hit-and-miss. I will let you know when those times come.

Don't worry, Paul. I can only access this website because I know how to hack into my school's computer system. I can't go online at home (yes, it sucks majorly) ever since the heavy rains here ruined my internet connection. Reminder: Need to get a repair guy in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:59 am

Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 4:32 am

Yeah...I find them quite interesting. And it keeps this idea brewing in the back of my head. I'm not ready to give it up just yet.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Yup, things are fine. As I said, I don't see those long hours for at least a few more months, but we'll see.

Another chocolate pepper avatar? Nice.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 am

Paul wrote:
I won't be on quite as often, only because I can no longer access this site from my work computer. Right now I can still come on here daily after work, but when the time comes when I have to work 12-hour days and 7-day weeks (not in the immediate future as far as I know), my time here will be hit-and-miss. I will let you know when those times come.

12 hour, 7 days? ouch. You say not in the near future but still. Ugh. I woud die. I hate my job. Tonight was no exception--haha-- a patient swore at me. I think my boss thought I was going to fly across the counter at them because he stepped in and told the patient he was not going to talk to his employees like that and that he was submitting his name for disciplinary action. Woohoo. It's a military hospital so the patient could get in a lot of trouble for doing what he did.

I hope you are well.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Louisa! You probably won't read this, but it's lovely to see you pop in now and again! I'm glad you enjoyed your dad's birthday - it sounds like lots of fun. (((hugs))) darling!

For Halloween, I want to be Hit Girl. WHOOOO! starwars starwars starwars starwars starwars Closest emoticon I could get Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:51 am

Louisa! It's great to see you back! huuuug

How is every little thing? Busy as all get-out, eh? Well, I am very glad you came back to say "Hi!" It is always great to see you around! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next