Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Nicholle wrote:
Paul wrote:
Queen Rhodantia wrote:
My province is burning to a crisp. Here is a link to some pictures of some of the 800+ fires burning around BC right now.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/ss/events/ca/20080725_forestfires/im:/05082009/2/photo/national-helicopter-pilots-watch-controlled-fire-burns-mount-mclean-attempt.html

Thankfully, none of the big ones are close to me or my family.

Yikes. That is a truly frightening situation. I hope that all this stays away from you, Mariah.

I agree with Paul. Hope you're safe, Mariah.

Awww thanks guys, you're sweet! But no worries. There is a little fire about 150km out of town, but it is headed right for an area that burned to a crisp just a couple years ago. Once it hits that area it should just burn itself right out. They've also had some success with their controlled burns down south, the fire is not out and no one is allowed back home yet, but things are certainly looking up.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Paul wrote:
Queen Rhodantia wrote:
My province is burning to a crisp. Here is a link to some pictures of some of the 800+ fires burning around BC right now.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/ss/events/ca/20080725_forestfires/im:/05082009/2/photo/national-helicopter-pilots-watch-controlled-fire-burns-mount-mclean-attempt.html

Yikes. That is a truly frightening situation. I hope that all this stays away from you, Mariah.

I agree with Paul. Hope you're safe, Mariah.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:18 am

Queen Rhodantia wrote:

Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 am

I just listened to "Both Sides Now" by Judy Collins. I haven't heard that song in ages. It's a beautiful song. I can relate to it a lot more now than I could the last time I listened to it.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 am

Oh my aching everything. I just came home from the 2009 World Police and Fire Games as a volunteer and I could pass out any minute now. I know this is gonna be good for our resumes and stuff, but Jesus, those were the most hellish 10 hours of my life, from 7 am to 5 pm. Carrying heavy containers of water, cases of water, packs of ice, running here, running there, burning my bum from riding around the golf cart, getting bossed around by Demanding Dave and Slavedriving Sojna. I can't feel my legs. If it weren't for the sunblock, I'd be a baked chicken already.

Of course, where Louisa goes, drama follows. There was this creepy guy who looked exactly like Count Olaf from the Series of Unfortunate Events movie, maniacal hair and raspy voice. Apparently he was collecting bottles to donate for his personal gain, which wasn't allowed. He was even caught watching us from afar. All's well that ends well, because he was discharged. Okay, scratch that, it does not end well, for I still have to do one more day and a half of this hell. Excuse me while I faint.

Oh, and someone sent me a message but it looks like the person deleted it. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:12 am

Allison wrote:
Nicholle wrote:

Usually if I see people and I like their answers or questions. Go ahead and add some people, they won't bite.

As far as you know. You can never be too careful with anything that has teeth.

Well, if anyone bites you, we'll have to bite them back.

I'll just go sharpen my teeth now.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:07 am

Nicholle wrote:

Usually if I see people and I like their answers or questions. Go ahead and add some people, they won't bite.

As far as you know. You can never be too careful with anything that has teeth.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:06 am

Allison wrote:
How often do you guys add contacts on Y!A? I've never added anyone aside from people who were already my fans, and I'm wondering if I should. There are some people I'd like to be a fan of, if they don't mind.

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 am

How often do you guys add contacts on Y!A? I've never added anyone aside from people who were already my fans, and I'm wondering if I should. There are some people I'd like to be a fan of, if they don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:04 am

I have to beg forgiveness from anyone who might be looking to read the second scene I have posted from "Flurg". The format is horrible. I tried to copy and paste from the text I have saved on my disk, and the process proved to be more difficult than I thought. If anybody has difficulties reading it you have my apologies. I will try to do better next time.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Allison wrote:
Nicholle wrote:
I happen to think your sweet tea is just a fancy name for iced tea. And, as it were, I could walk a mile or three to the nearest grocery store, and buy some.

All right, I've got to defend my favorite beverage here. I've been up to the North a few times. No restaurant serves sweet tea. And the only place I found "real Southern sweet tea" it was just a bad-tasting fraud.

Nicholle, you can say anything you want about the South and our bad grammar (I sometimes agree), but I draw the line at sweet tea. It is sacred.

Indeed. It's like water down here. There should be sweet tea in the fountains.

I hate it when things are called Southern and they suck. (I got a "Southern-style chicken sandwich" at McDonald's yesterday, and any good Southern cook would have been insulted.) Especially tea. Some of the stuff they make tastes like leaf-water and it's gross. And I hate "Southern iced tea." No one from the South calls it "iced tea."
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Because I'm so deathly bored with the computer, I decided to try and get back on the Y!A game, even though it pains me to be defeated by those bastards. I'm going to lay low for now before settling down. I'll be sure to finish my goal of becoming Level 7.

Last edited by Louisa Kouzuki on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Nicholle wrote:
I happen to think your sweet tea is just a fancy name for iced tea. And, as it were, I could walk a mile or three to the nearest grocery store, and buy some.

I don't lament the loss of "ain't." I already hear "Yeah, I SEEN that!" every single day. I've had my fill of poor grammar.

All right, I've got to defend my favorite beverage here. I've been up to the North a few times. No restaurant serves sweet tea. And the only place I found "real Southern sweet tea" it was just a bad-tasting fraud.

Nicholle, you can say anything you want about the South and our bad grammar (I sometimes agree), but I draw the line at sweet tea. It is sacred.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Allison wrote:
I was doing some thinking today. I just need to say this -- You all are some of the most intelligent people I've ever met, and I am glad that out of all the people I could have met here and on Y!A, I met you guys. You're all sweet, funny, awesome people. I enjoy being part of the LC immensely.

Eh... Sounds a little sappy, doesn't it? But I just thought that, if I haven't made that clear already, I might as well do it now.

Right back at you! Very Happy Allison, you are one of the brightest people I know. The answers you give on Y!A are among the most intelligent and well thought out that anybody there writes. The LC is fortunate to have someone like you as a member. We think you're great and we appreciate having gotten to know you! bouncy
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:20 am

I was always taught it was incorrect until a few months ago, so no. It never really worked its way into my vocabulary growing up, unless I wasn't thinking, like when it was really late at night or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40