Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Ahh ... you'll be happy when that paranoia results in you floating gleefully around in a zeppelin come Decemeber, 2012. Wink

In other news today, my cold is persisting, and to prevent me breaking my ribs (at least it feels like that when I cough) I've been trying yoga breathing exercises to stop coughing spells. Oh, desperation. It actually works, though.
Finished moving at last out of my grandmother's house. I love my new housemate. Very Happy

I hope everyone is well. And that's my update for now.
Back to top Go down
Dormouse
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Dormouse

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:22 pm

I've thought of that, but I guess I'm too paranoid and I just want to keep all my accounts isolated. Especially after someone cracked one of my e-mail accounts and spammed all my contacts with stupid scam offers. (Partially my fault for not changing the password after 4 years.) But actually I should do a little damage control and synchronise a few of my not important passwords.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Dormouse wrote:
I'm on LC again after more than a week of absence. After which time it took me 10 minutes and many failed attempts to remember my password. Seriously, I have too many account passwords and not enough memory.

Easy solution: Develop one super-tricky password of about twelve characters, and use it for all the purposes where no serious damage can be inflicted by someone corrupting it.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Dormouse
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Dormouse

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:05 am

I'm on LC again after more than a week of absence. After which time it took me 10 minutes and many failed attempts to remember my password. Seriously, I have too many account passwords and not enough memory.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm having a big cleanout session today. All this renovating has lead to total, utter, complete chaos in my usually so neat and tidy apartment. Also, it still smells of paint. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Lillian wrote:
I also have the worst cold EVER. Need ginger tea, need ginger tea. Smile

Ugh, my entire family is just now getting over colds. I hope you feel better, Lilli!

Besides that, nothing much is happening. It is the weekend. We have that going for us, anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 am

Haven't posted in awhile.
I'm alright, mostly. Life has been rather uneventful - it's Friday today, so hopefully more posts in a couple hours.
I also have the worst cold EVER. Need ginger tea, need ginger tea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Right. All tiles are white now. I'm smelling of solvents and other nasty chemicals, and I don't have a toilet anymore since the floor is still wet. Will sleep at my parents' tonight.
But it looks GORGEOUS!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 am

Laura wrote:
Paul wrote:
And now we start a new year. 2011. Anyone have any plans for this year?

1. Get a job.
2. Make a list of places I want to travel to. (And then dream about winning the lottery so I can actually pay for it all.)
3. Read an entire book in French to improve my vocab.
4. Redecorate my kitchen. (Something purple, perhaps. And more plants. Maybe a little herb garden for the window sill?)

Those are the plans for January. Sort of. I'm not sure how I'll spend the rest of the year, but I am positive that the outcome of #1 will have an impact on that Smile

I'm working on #5: Redecorate my bathroom. I am in the middle of repainting the tiles (all white, finally), and I've bought some new stuff to make it fit in with the rest of my apartment. I'll spend the next days without a bathtub, obviously, since that one is going to be repainted, too. It's amazing how expensive this special paint is. Actually, it is quite a bit of fun: I'm listening to audiobooks all the time, and happily splashing paint everywhere. The top part of the tiles is already finished in dark red. The fittings will stay silver. I only have white and dark read towels, and the decorations will be either white, dark red or silver. And, too be honest, if the outcome is crappy, it'll still be better than the look the room had until now: beige tiles and a green bathtub with accessories in all sorts of colours.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Paul wrote:

1. Get a job.
2. Make a list of places I want to travel to. (And then dream about winning the lottery so I can actually pay for it all.)
3. Read an entire book in French to improve my vocab.
4. Redecorate my kitchen. (Something purple, perhaps. And more plants. Maybe a little herb garden for the window sill?)

Those are the plans for January. Sort of. I'm not sure how I'll spend the rest of the year, but I am positive that the outcome of #1 will have an impact on that Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:28 pm

Laura wrote:
Dang, the stupid swimming pool is closed on New Year's Eve. Can somebody tell me how to freaking relax without a big, big pool full of water? Suspect

How about with a big, big pool full of champagne! drunken

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your party tonight, Laura. And I hope everyone else has a fantastic New Years as well! banana
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:39 am

I've slept extra long today (it's almost noon), so I can make tonight. I'm only 25, I know, but when you look at my sleep rhythm, I could as well be ninety. I'm not a good disco companion because I beg to be taken home around 1 am. Tonight I hope I'll stay up a little longer. We're going to have a small party at a friend's place, and I am preparing to have much fun.

Dang, the stupid swimming pool is closed on New Year's Eve. Can somebody tell me how to freaking relax without a big, big pool full of water? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:58 am

Celebrating the New Year is always better back home in the Philippines. Firecrackers that could blow off your fingers, sparklers, colorful fireworks...gads, why is Canada so boring when it comes to partying?! Christmas was really quiet! I suspected people were asleep by nine that day. Rolling Eyes

But still we manage to find something fun to do around here. Two parties on New Year's Eve, and a luncheon on January 1st.

I hope everyone has a blast on those two occasions! Very Happy 2011, here we come!!! I already have the new calendars.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:59 pm

So, does anyone have any big plans for New Years? Twenty-five years ago I would have been getting ready to do some serious partying, but nowadays I am lucky if I am still awake when the calendar officially flips over. Such is life in the middle-age lane. Razz
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:23 pm

Jen wrote:
Congrats Paul on your accomplishments!
santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer

Thank you!

And I hope more familiar faces start to come back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 am

Oh. My. God.
Nicholle, it's wonderful to see you! I missed you terribly!
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:31 am

Hello everyone. How is the Christmas season treating you?
My classes- or rather finals - will be over thursday for me and I'm going to see my grandparents for about a week for the holiday. My grandfather had a second heart attack and had to have open heart surgery, but he *says* he's doing better now. LOL. He wants to go back to work. He always spoils me, so now it's my turn to spoil him.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday *hugs* and hopefully, I will be able to drop in more often over the next few weeks.

Congrats Paul on your accomplishments!
santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 am

It is so very good to see you back, Tourterelle (a name you haven't used in a while)! I am glad that things are going well for you. Take care, and please come back whenever you can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:12 am

Hello, all! I don't stop by very often anymore, but sometimes I recall how much the LC mattered to me during my sophomore year, and...well, here I am.

A quick update on my life:
1. My second choice for college accepted me! Unfortunately, however, I've been waitlisted by UW-Madison, my top choice. That means they haven't accepted nor denied me. It's essentially a "We're not sure yet. We're going to be frustrating and let you know later."
2. Clubs consume my time and energy. Relevant to the LC, Creative Writing Club is going well!
3. I'm exhausted, but content.

I hope you all are well. Happy Holidays!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Paul wrote:
Love that avatar, Laura! santa

So do I ball1
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Love that avatar, Laura! santa
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:50 am

Paul wrote:
I went to the dentist today and was told I had a healthy mouth. I've got that going for me. Now I have to work on the rest. Razz

Congrats! My dentist always tells me that I shouldn't be upset about being the other end of the spectrum... At least we agree it's not my fault. I'm obsessive about dental hygiene, but it's impossible to satisfy my teeth. The best part is that my worst teeth were screwed up by his predecessor, and not by my very own self! Very Happy Anyway, I love my dentist. He has a way of calming me down that is wonderful. I see him, and I immediately feel sleepy. I believe he was meant to be an anaesthesiologist, in fact Sleep
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I went to the dentist today and was told I had a healthy mouth. I've got that going for me. Now I have to work on the rest. Razz
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:23 am

Well, the whole atmosphere in both Psychology and Mental Health is completely different. In B&A, you have book lovers and the students who need help with their homework. The Book lovers are the regulars, and they make friends. In Psychology and Mental Health, you have the self-appointed counselors (like you and me Wink ) and the depressed. The counselors aren't really looking for friends, they are there to help. The depressed may or may not be looking for friends, but usually aren't looking for online friends.
Anyway, you do get a certain fulfillment from getting best answer on those sections, after you helped someone out who's life was just general screwed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next