Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Grace wrote:
Elena wrote:
Grace wrote:
Just saying... it feels strange that so few people are active in the literature sections these days. Where did everyone go? Sad

I went and had babies. When I do have time to read, I'm way to freakin' tired. Crying or Very sad

consoling Poor dear - but I guess babies are even better than books Wink

Come to think of it, we need a few baby smileys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Elena wrote:
Grace wrote:
Just saying... it feels strange that so few people are active in the literature sections these days. Where did everyone go? Sad

I went and had babies. When I do have time to read, I'm way to freakin' tired. Crying or Very sad

consoling Poor dear - but I guess babies are even better than books Wink
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 am

Grace wrote:

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 am

Louisa Ciel wrote:
Paul wrote:
How's everybody else doing today?

I feel crappy. I've been having a massive headache since yesterday, my nose is clogged and I think there's the beginnings of a sore throat. I freaking hate volleyball and it only made my headache worse.
I even slept at 4 pm yesterday because if I didn't, my head would have split open.
I hope everyone's feeling better than I am.

Better stay in bed for a few days, Louisa! No point staying up, then breaking down on Christmas!

I'm having lots of things planned for today, some of which I've already done, others which are beyond me right now. For instance, I wanted to read Thomas Mann's "Tonio Kröger" today, but after the last three short stories by him, I simply don't want to know... Very Happy Then I need to catch my neighbour to finally finish this nasty business, I want to go swimming today, I want to start chapter four ("The end of the journey - Changed self-perceptions"), and above all, I really want to sit down with a nice cup of tea and "Matilda's Last Waltz" and have an hour or two of no-work-at-all.

Hm. Come to think of it. I really need to take out the trash. Mmh. Will be daylight for another five hours. No need to rush.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Paul wrote:

I feel crappy. I've been having a massive headache since yesterday, my nose is clogged and I think there's the beginnings of a sore throat. I freaking hate volleyball and it only made my headache worse.
I even slept at 4 pm yesterday because if I didn't, my head would have split open.
I hope everyone's feeling better than I am.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Slow day today. Slowwwww........

Not much going on at work. In ten more minutes I am out the door to the crappy weather outside. It started off as snow, about three inches worth, then turned over to rain, creating all sorts of nice slushy crap. I just hope this slush doesn't freeze solid tonight.

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 pm

I watched Disney's A Christmas Carol yesterday in 3D and it was good. It's funny how they were so true to the book that I was able to mouth the lines along with the characters.
Oh my gosh, anticipated movies that I really, really want to watch: The Princess and the Frog, Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes and Toy Story 3. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Elena wrote:
Dont ya just hate it when you make a coffee and you go to get it and discover that you didn't put any grounds in the coffee maker? Yup...I did that today. Man...I was so cheezed off! I had to wait another 3 minutes for my java...TRAGIC.

Oh yeah, I know that feeling all too well - but I just tell myself that it at least gives the coffee machine a thorough cleaning. (Yeah, I just keep telling myself!)

I spent my night watching "The Forgotten" with Julianne Moore. I really like this movie - it is creepy and exciting, and keeps me wide awake. The only bit I really, thoroughly hate is the moment when this mean guy tells her to forget, and his faces morphes into the weird mess. That really is not necessary. Oh, and that by the end of the movie she and that hot guy have completely forgotten about each other. A pity. Mad
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Dont ya just hate it when you make a coffee and you go to get it and discover that you didn't put any grounds in the coffee maker? Yup...I did that today. Man...I was so cheezed off! I had to wait another 3 minutes for my java...TRAGIC.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Elena wrote:
Well that's a promising sign Laura. Maybe things will work out fine. That would be nice. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Thanks, sweetie - I hope it'll work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Well that's a promising sign Laura. Maybe things will work out fine. That would be nice. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Mildly surprised - neighbours have actually tried to contact me, but missed me. Did not think they would remember that they had some sort of proper manners.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Back to work. Oh, well. I have just spent the morning playing catch-up. I had to figure out who took out what when I was gone, as well as what was delivered. There were a few surprises. Gotta keep me on my toes, after all!

Hey, it could be worse.

I think I hear a cup of coffee calling me...
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Zara Mikazuki wrote:
I've stopped back! And it's what---the 1 year anniversary of the LC? Cool Very Happy

It's the end of the term here, so I've been SO busy. I haven't been active anywhere (except Facebook, but even then, it was because it was an easier way to communicate about our group research project)! I've had that group cancer research proposal to write as well as a translations of Don Quixote humanities term paper to write and AHHH!!!! Finals start in 4 days and I'm basicall freaking out between studying, writing research papers, and doing the tiny homework assignments that I hadn't finished.

Just shoot me now. I'm so freaking annoyed at my schedule! But on the bright side, the Dean Scholars are hosting a Holiday party today at the director's....uh......giant mansion/estate. So that should be a nice break!

And it snowed in Austin yesterday! It's funny, seeing everyone fangirl over a 5-minute period of snowfall! Hee hee....

And Mariah? WOW! Nice Very Happy

~Zara

Zara - so glad you made it back! Very Happy I wanted to ask you something anyway - have you ever seen "Om Shanti Om"? It's on TV next week, and I wanted to know if I should record it or if it wasn't worth the trouble. So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:30 pm

I've stopped back! And it's what---the 1 year anniversary of the LC? Cool Very Happy

It's the end of the term here, so I've been SO busy. I haven't been active anywhere (except Facebook, but even then, it was because it was an easier way to communicate about our group research project)! I've had that group cancer research proposal to write as well as a translations of Don Quixote humanities term paper to write and AHHH!!!! Finals start in 4 days and I'm basicall freaking out between studying, writing research papers, and doing the tiny homework assignments that I hadn't finished.

Just shoot me now. I'm so freaking annoyed at my schedule! But on the bright side, the Dean Scholars are hosting a Holiday party today at the director's....uh......giant mansion/estate. So that should be a nice break!

And it snowed in Austin yesterday! It's funny, seeing everyone fangirl over a 5-minute period of snowfall! Hee hee....

And Mariah? WOW! Nice Very Happy

~Zara
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:05 pm

This is what happens when I'm in the chatbox BY MYSELF and no one comes to talk to me. I hope you're happy. Suspect

[06:53:39] Elena has joined the chat on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:53 am
[06:54:45] Elena : Will you log in here already!
[06:54:48] Elena : SHeesh!
[06:55:02] Elena : I'm WAITING!.....*taps foot on floor impatiently*
[06:55:23] Elena : *paces back and forth*
[06:55:45] Elena : hello?
[06:55:51] Elena : *looks at watch*
[06:56:02] Elena : *continues pacing*
[06:56:23] Elena : gee...I guess you're not coming in.
[06:56:30] Elena : Fine. Ignore me...see if I care.
[06:57:43] Elena : There. I PM'D you, maybe that will get your attention.
[06:57:59] Elena : *looks at watch*
[06:58:05] Elena : *continues pacing*
[06:58:25] Elena : *changes colors*
[06:58:36] Elena : *continues pacing*
[06:58:42] Elena : gee....log in already!
[06:59:00] Elena : Oh...now Paul is here too.
[06:59:09] Elena : I wonder if he's going to ignore me as well.
[06:59:19] Elena : *sits and pouts*
[07:00:34] Elena : fine.
[07:00:37] Elena : be that way.
[07:00:43] Elena : I know when I'm being snubbed.
[07:00:54] Elena : *turns back and continues to pout.*
[07:01:46] Elena : seriously? You're both in here and neither one is logging in....
[07:01:55] Elena : wow...do I feel loved.
[07:03:35] Elena : ho hum ho hum
[07:03:39] Elena : dum de dum
[07:03:43] Elena : bum bum bum
[07:03:47] Elena : rum rum rum
[07:03:49] Elena : vodka
[07:03:51] Elena : hahaha
[07:04:00] Elena : hohoho
[07:04:03] Elena : hehehehehe
[07:04:11] Elena : FeFiFoFum
[07:04:29] Elena : ok...this is ridiculous.
[07:04:32] Elena : I'm leaving now.
[07:04:34] Elena : bye
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 am

Jane wrote:
How should I go about this?
I'm trying to email a local news station in order to suggest a story. They actually have a link for just that, but I can't think of what to say or how to say it. All I want is for them to just give a tiny mention of the Invisible Children. Don't get me wrong -- I fully understand that even on local news there is a .0000001% chance of them taking my suggestion, but I still want to try.

Any tips at all on how to word this so they take it seriously? I'm nervous, and considering all that's happened lately, this might be my last letter as president of that much-talked-about club. I want to do it right.

Actually, many news outlets, including television stations, like to air small, "human interest" bits like this. If there is more than one news station in your area send the letter to all of them. If you feel they won't take you seriously because you are a student, see if a teacher, or even the principal, will help act as an advocate. Anyway, write that letter. You are intelligent, and you care a lot about the Invisible Children, and both of these attributes will shine through. As Laura said, if you wish to post it here, we will be happy to peruse it and suggest corrections to anything we might see.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Keep pushing. After you submit your e-mail, follow it up with other e-mails. Keep at it until you hear a definite answer.

If there's anything we can do, you know we'll do our best to help. I wish you the best of luck with this!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Hey Ally, tell you what: You type up a first draft, post it, and we'll have a look at it. How about that?
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 pm

How should I go about this?
I'm trying to email a local news station in order to suggest a story. They actually have a link for just that, but I can't think of what to say or how to say it. All I want is for them to just give a tiny mention of the Invisible Children. Don't get me wrong -- I fully understand that even on local news there is a .0000001% chance of them taking my suggestion, but I still want to try.

Any tips at all on how to word this so they take it seriously? I'm nervous, and considering all that's happened lately, this might be my last letter as president of that much-talked-about club. I want to do it right.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Although I had a nice day today, I think I've crashed now. I'm starting to feel a little ill, even, although that might just be from lack of sleep.

This is a pity. I still need to complete my essay, some math homework, and four chapters of Wuthering Heights.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Elena wrote:
Snow covered trees are so pretty under the moonlight. It's something that I'll always love to look at. If there is one good thing about winter, that has to be it. Were I at least half way decent with a camera I'd be tempted to go out and take a picture or two, but I am in no way a photographer. Heck, I'm barely a picture taker. I point and click and hope for the best...which ususally isn't very good.

I have in fact been tempted to do that, too. I will go for another walk on Thursday or so, and maybe take some pictures of the park and the river for you to see. I won't pretend I am any good at taking pictures, but if I am lucky, I might catch an impression or two of winterly Germany.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 am

Snow covered trees are so pretty under the moonlight. It's something that I'll always love to look at. If there is one good thing about winter, that has to be it. Were I at least half way decent with a camera I'd be tempted to go out and take a picture or two, but I am in no way a photographer. Heck, I'm barely a picture taker. I point and click and hope for the best...which ususally isn't very good.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 am

Hey, Magda! Nice to see you again, too.
I clicked the link. I hope you win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 am

WOW! at the layout. It's completely gorgeous. I love the little presents at the corner of each post. santa

I'm another one of the members who's been absent recently. I honestly don't know why. But I'll try to post here more. Yahoo!Answers, too.

ETA: I just figured out how to attach my signature. Took me long enough. *facepalm*

(Speaking of which, it would be really awesome if you clicked the link in it. Basically, the five people in each tour city who get the most clicks win free tickets to In The Heights, which I've heard some samples from and which I really want to see.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next