Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)

Go down 
+4
Tourterelle
Louisa
Laura
Zara Mikazuki
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:19 am

Solveig wrote:
I have willow, yew and ivy. This selection makes me think that it was a very wise decision indeed to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss my issues ^^

I mean, seriously. Willow. Humpf.

I love willow trees! I want one at my house. Willow's not bad, though rather sad. It's similar to birch, and sometimes instead of pine I get willow. Not usually, though.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:05 am

Solveig, I finished Diamonds are Forever and I can only say one thing about the rats: EEEWWWWW!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:02 am

I have willow, yew and ivy. This selection makes me think that it was a very wise decision indeed to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss my issues ^^

I mean, seriously. Willow. Humpf.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:19 am

I'm curious to see what others get if they take the quiz!
I just wish they'd offer more options on the questions rather than have an all or nothing type thing. Nobody is all one and not the other on most issues and aspects.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:59 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Does anyone think it is accurate for me? noidea

noidea It's kind of a strange test. I always have trouble deciding whether I'm more understanding or empathetic. To be empathetic, you must understand to some extent. I also have trouble with the beauty/suffering question; if I'm empathetic, I must feel suffering and beauty at the same time. I wish they'd let you choose both. I use logic as much if not more than intuition.

(None of this is supposed to sound conceited; it's me comparing the site's knowledge of me with my own.)
I'm birch because I can be "poetic" and dark. I can forgive and start over, but I realize that there is always a past and trying to forget it is useless. I try to heal and help wherever I can, and I'm often used for such. I can be a child in the way that I do things for people, trusting them, and an adult in knowing better about people (but I do it anyway for them). The birch is my main tree, but there are other pieces of me mixed in sometimes.
I'm ivy because I'm dark sometimes and I appreciate dark beauty. I believe in an eternal life. I move slowly in many ways, and overall I can be unchangeable. I'm usually very loyal. I'm unlike ivy because I'm not all gloom and doom.
I'm aspen because I can be eloquent. I'm absent-minded sometimes, but I'm perceptive. Sometimes I feel detached from everyone. I'm not like aspen because though I understand the world and am interested in my own personal one, I also love the subjects that inhabit the real world; I can also be very passionate about the real world. (I think that the aspen is the "writer" tree.)
I'm pine because I can be detached sometimes, yet I comfort people. I like to watch and sum up what I've seen, tell stories about it. I'm not the strongest person, but I am intelligent and have some considerable backbone. I might seem cold to some people, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm not. I'm not like the pine because I can be a very fuzzy thinker sometimes.

Birch and pine seem very accurate for you, Kelsey.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:56 am

Tourterelle wrote:

noidea It's kind of a strange test. I always have trouble deciding whether I'm more understanding or empathetic. To be empathetic, you must understand to some extent. I also have trouble with the beauty/suffering question; if I'm empathetic, I must feel suffering and beauty at the same time. I wish they'd let you choose both. I use logic as much if not more than intuition.

(None of this is supposed to sound conceited; it's me comparing the site's knowledge of me with my own.)
I'm birch because I can be "poetic" and dark. I can forgive and start over, but I realize that there is always a past and trying to forget it is useless. I try to heal and help wherever I can, and I'm often used for such. I can be a child in the way that I do things for people, trusting them, and an adult in knowing better about people (but I do it anyway for them). The birch is my main tree, but there are other pieces of me mixed in sometimes.
I'm ivy because I'm dark sometimes and I appreciate dark beauty. I believe in an eternal life. I move slowly in many ways, and overall I can be unchangeable. I'm usually very loyal. I'm unlike ivy because I'm not all gloom and doom.
I'm aspen because I can be eloquent. I'm absent-minded sometimes, but I'm perceptive. Sometimes I feel detached from everyone. I'm not like aspen because though I understand the world and am interested in my own personal one, I also love the subjects that inhabit the real world; I can also be very passionate about the real world. (I think that the aspen is the "writer" tree.)
I'm pine because I can be detached sometimes, yet I comfort people. I like to watch and sum up what I've seen, tell stories about it. I'm not the strongest person, but I am intelligent and have some considerable backbone. I might seem cold to some people, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm not. I'm not like the pine because I can be a very fuzzy thinker sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:27 pm

I received Ivy, Willow, and Rowan, in that order. Does that mean ivy was the most prominent?

Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) 1_tree11

Last edited by Tourterelle on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

That's what I look like. Not a cartoon, of course, but the basic gist. I've got (finally manageable, rather than a giant poof like it was about two years ago) curly brown hair, green eyes, and I'm fairly tanned for the most part.
I picture you as a mix of what you said you looked like, and your brunette avatars (but more human-like and less cartoonish). I get them mixed up sometimes.

If I think of you as a human, that's actually the image I do get. You said in Y!A you're petite too, right?

Yeah, I'm pretty short. Nearly 5'2", and I do mean nearly.
Nicholle, I picture you like your avatars with actual pictures of you. But sometimes other random avatars of yours are either in the background or are mixed in with your features (and that looks strange sometimes).

If you guys were wondering about the tree personality thing, there's a quiz you can take. I didn't just make up hippy crap; my result was birch (with vine and pine tendencies-- I'm a complex person Razz ). If you're going to take the quiz, I suggest taking it more than once and thinking very hard about some of the questions. The questions usually only have two choices (and many of the questions are strange), and if you're a moderate kind of person, it's hard to choose, so if you take the quiz more than once and think it helps get more accurate views.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
BWAHAHA.

That script was so right; they hissed like a couple of fifth graders pretending to be vampires.

lol! lol!

It sucks that they took out the clip wherein Edward looked like he was going to blow a gasket after James said, "You brought a snack."

I had three favorite parts:

>That car crash scene. I love how Edward was obsessing over some hot chick while Bella was trapped between the cars. If you hear it, he chases after that girl screaming "I'm immortal!"

>The box-trap set by James. Candy in box, tug string, and victim IS DEAD! Then there is James doing his "that was ALL me!" victory "speech".

>The very end, where Bella says that Edward doesn't scare her. She climbs on his back, ready for take-off and WHACK! "Who the hell shut that?"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! I laughed so hard in the scene wherein he explained why his skin was so ice cold. "The shower was broken...AAAAAA!!!" His scream was so girlish.

That was really funny with the Snickers bar. Another laughed so hard part. Laughing Laughing

I loved the scene wherein James said, "You brought a snack." and Edward was possessively clutching his Hershey bar. Then Bella asked, "Now they want to kill me?"and Edward replied, "No, he wants my candy bar."

lol! lol!

I found that spoof a few weeks ago, and I literally fell of my chair laughing. It's hilarious! I loved his girly scream. James might've been my favorite part; something about him banging on the roof of a "moving" car struck me as funny.
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
BWAHAHA.

That script was so right; they hissed like a couple of fifth graders pretending to be vampires.

lol! lol!

It sucks that they took out the clip wherein Edward looked like he was going to blow a gasket after James said, "You brought a snack."

>That car crash scene. I love how Edward was obsessing over some hot chick while Bella was trapped between the cars. If you hear it, he chases after that girl screaming "I'm immortal!"

>The box-trap set by James. Candy in box, tug string, and victim IS DEAD! Then there is James doing his "that was ALL me!" victory "speech".

>The very end, where Bella says that Edward doesn't scare her. She climbs on his back, ready for take-off and WHACK! "Who the hell shut that?"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! I laughed so hard in the scene wherein he explained why his skin was so ice cold. "The shower was broken...AAAAAA!!!" His scream was so girlish.

That was really funny with the Snickers bar. Another laughed so hard part. Laughing Laughing

I loved the scene wherein James said, "You brought a snack." and Edward was possessively clutching his Hershey bar. Then Bella asked, "Now they want to kill me?"and Edward replied, "No, he wants my candy bar."

lol! lol!

lol! My favorite part was the shower girly screaming and the window smashing. My sister went to see the movie with a friend and she said that Edward looked like a sweaty pig when he sparkled.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:58 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
BWAHAHA.

lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:09 am

Kelsey wrote:

That's what I look like. Not a cartoon, of course, but the basic gist. I've got (finally manageable, rather than a giant poof like it was about two years ago) curly brown hair, green eyes, and I'm fairly tanned for the most part.
I picture you as a mix of what you said you looked like, and your brunette avatars (but more human-like and less cartoonish). I get them mixed up sometimes.

If I think of you as a human, that's actually the image I do get. You said in Y!A you're petite too, right?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 am

Kelsey wrote:

I always picture people as people, not objects in their avatars.
I imagine that a talking tree must seem kind of strange. For the record, I don't look like a birch. The birch is my "personality tree," though.

It's really not that I picture you as a birch tree but rather when you pop into my head, the image of a birch tree comes with.

If that makes sense... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 am

Magda wrote:
Come on! What about as Boromir in Lord of the Rings? And he's a fantastic actor too.

I picture you as your original avatar...the one with the green eyes and curly brown hair. Except, you know, human, not cartoon. The birch is your personality tree? Interesting. Out of curiosity, how DO you picture me?

Maaaybe... He is a good actor, I agree.

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Magda wrote:
Come on! What about as Boromir in Lord of the Rings? And he's a fantastic actor too.

I picture you as your original avatar...the one with the green eyes and curly brown hair. Except, you know, human, not cartoon. The birch is your personality tree? Interesting. Out of curiosity, how DO you picture me?

Maaaybe... He is a good actor, I agree.

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:05 am

Magda wrote:
I see I missed a lot of discussion...

To be honest, I...not liked, but enjoyed watching the movie. It was cute, and I expected it to be WAY worse than it was. The secondary characters weren't bad at all, I liked James, and even Edward had some good moments. Kristin? Sucked.

Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman? Keep talking! droolheart droolheart Might I add Sean Bean to the discussion? And Gerard Butler (when he's in movies where he's actually SUPPOSED to be hot, that is foulmouth )?

So, Tourterelle, what do you think of me as? Erik? Or just his mask?

A combination of the rose and his mask. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 am

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am

Magda wrote:

To be honest, I...not liked, but enjoyed watching the movie. It was cute, and I expected it to be WAY worse than it was. The secondary characters weren't bad at all, I liked James, and even Edward had some good moments. Kristin? Sucked.

Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman? Keep talking! droolheart droolheart Might I add Sean Bean to the discussion? And Gerard Butler (when he's in movies where he's actually SUPPOSED to be hot, that is foulmouth )?

To be honest, I much prefered the secondary characters. I felt that they were the saving grace of both the series and perhaps the movie as well. Obviously, I liked neither as a whole, but Alice Cullen, in specific, piqued my interest. She is one of the few Twilight characters I was okay with, though I'd wish she were more developed.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:54 am

I didn't really care for the movie too much, but I agree that some of the actors have great talent.

Sean Bean? The villain from National Treasure?! On this, I'm sorry, Polina, but no. Gerard Butler, though, I can drool over.

I always picture people as people, not objects in their avatars.
I imagine that a talking tree must seem kind of strange. For the record, I don't look like a birch. The birch is my "personality tree," though.
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:46 am

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:23 am

Sometimes I think I'm too practical for my own good. It's not fun being practical most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 am

His age and kids make no difference to me. I'm not sure why. noidea

Even if he is in a committed relationship and what not, he's still an amazing actor and very hot.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:21 am

It probably has something to do with the fact that he's older than my dad, has a "new age" marriage, and two kids. He's not available, so the practical part of my brain doesn't find him hot outside of Jack Sparrow.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 am

You don't outside of PotC? gape

I do. droolheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)   Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...) Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight the movie (no, this isn't really about the book...)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next