Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:04 am

I think you'll be just fine, Laura. You are probably taking it even as I type. You're going to ace it. thumbs
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:48 pm

So. Tomorrow's the big day - final in history. Everybody keep their fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:24 pm

It appears that Y!A is actually in favour of violating copyrights. I got reported repeatedly for advising people to go to the library instead of stealing books. Then I asked if this was the usual way - that I only had two options, being
a) shut up and thereby quietly consent to people stealing books
b) provide illegal information.

The question got reported, too. I appealed, and now comes the interesting part: It was in fact not restored. Could it really be that Y!A is on the side of thieves? Twisted Evil

The good news is: I am going to the theatre tonight, and see the new play that I missed yesterday! Everyone says it's amazing, so I'm really excited!

And I agree about "Hamlet" - it's one of my favourite plays. Some of the monologues make me cry because they're just so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Relax and enjoy your evening, Laura. You've earned it. Let it all go for one night.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Cassandra Maddox wrote:

Grace, I agree with Paul. You warned her, and she didn't take you seriously. There's not a lot you can do - but you can stop feeling responsible for her.

Well, I guess you're right. I have just been to school, and there was no completed assignment in my pidgeon hole, so I have the strong suspicion that she skipped school once again. *sigh* It's hard to see young people throw their lives away.

Anyway. I'm going to go into town now and have a glass of deliciously cool diet coke. I've missed the premiere of our new play tonight because of the parents' evening I've just been to, and I'll be damned if I miss the party, too. So - have a great day/night, everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:17 am

Missed you Nicholle! Good to see you're still doing well. Hamlet truly is amazing. Wishing you best of success with your test grades. It's wonderful to see people speaking out against prejudice and I admire you for taking part in it.

I'm going to have a party on the 24th - with some friends - took forever to convince my parents to let me go ... but it'll be cool. Can't ever remember celebrating my birthday THAT early, though.

Grace, I agree with Paul. You warned her, and she didn't take you seriously. There's not a lot you can do - but you can stop feeling responsible for her.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 am

I miss you all and think of you often, but I've been so busy with school and such that I haven't posted in awhile.

A few recent things for me:

I have the AP English and AP US History exams coming up in a couple of weeks. In (more) preparation, we're reading Hamlet in the former subject. I ADORE it. Maybe that's due to the fact that I'm older and as such, comprehend more of Shakespeare's meaning. Either way, even when he hams it up (pun alert), I enjoy myself.

Also, this past Friday, I participated in the Day of Silence, a silent protest against LGBT harassment in schools. It gained a lot of attention at school and sparked so much debate. It was amazing, getting all these teenagers to really question their beliefs. I'm also going to help lead our Gay-Straight Alliance next school year. My personal goal is to push for even more education about LGBT students. Awareness is key. We can't change prejudice if people are unaware of its existence.

Partially due to my creative writing class, I'm also writing daily. I fall in love with it more and more every day.

Long post about myself over and done with. How are you all doing? Let me know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 am

Ahhh I think we all wish we could celebrate with you. At least I do. I need an excuse for a party Wink .
Well, at least you warned your student. There's not much else you can do. Poor girl. Hopefully she'll learn her lesson.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 am

Grace wrote:
I've just had a long talk with one of my students - one of the girly, loud, annoying types who wear too much make-up and think they don't have to get an education, but instead plan on becoming a trophy wife.

Impossible to get through to her. No, seriously, she thinks it's all a big joke, when I tell her she's going to fail English if she misses one more lesson. What can you say to such kids?

The good news is, my history exam is on Monday, and after that, I'm done with that one and can concentrate on revising for the other two. Four more weeks, and I'm out of there. Gee, I'll be having the mother of all parties! head

There's nothing you can say to such kids. Those are the ones who have to learn things the hard way. They think everything is going to be handed to them, then one fine morning life gives them a good swift kick to the ass. At least you tried to warn her.

Let us know when you have the party! When you do, just remember that somewhere on the Northeastern coast of the US I am cracking open a beverage and celebrating along with you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:31 am

I've just had a long talk with one of my students - one of the girly, loud, annoying types who wear too much make-up and think they don't have to get an education, but instead plan on becoming a trophy wife.

Impossible to get through to her. No, seriously, she thinks it's all a big joke, when I tell her she's going to fail English if she misses one more lesson. What can you say to such kids?

The good news is, my history exam is on Monday, and after that, I'm done with that one and can concentrate on revising for the other two. Four more weeks, and I'm out of there. Gee, I'll be having the mother of all parties! head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 am

Congrats, Louisa! Now that you have the house, perhaps you can reply to some of my letters. Very Happy

Seeing as this is the most active thread - for random thoughts, I was thinking if we could sort of re-start the games thread - not completely, but just a few random posts to keep it going. I remember I (and perhaps you all did too) had a lot of fun there - random games and posts. I learned a lot about you people there! clown
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 am

Paul wrote:
Hey, Laura, is any of that Icelandic volcanic ash affecting you where you live? I know many major airports in Europe are shut down because of it. I was curious as to how it may be affecting you. Not too badly, I hope!

Not me personally, but it did affect the city very much. All the airports around here were closed until midnight, and people had to wait for hours. I've read that there were 46,000 people at Hamburg airport alone - but that figure seems to be exaggerated. All I've had from it was a very grey morning, but really, it looked more like it was overcast a little, not like ashes.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Hey, Laura, is any of that Icelandic volcanic ash affecting you where you live? I know many major airports in Europe are shut down because of it. I was curious as to how it may be affecting you. Not too badly, I hope!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Congrats, Louisa! What kind of a house is it?
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 am

I decided to pop in for a bit. I haven't been on for four days because I've been trying to catch up on my sleep. Plus, I have great news: WE GOT THE HOUSE WE WERE FIGHTING FOR!! Very Happy The people in charge called a few hours ago and told us. We had three others competing for it, I'm so happy! Also a reason why I couldn't stop by sooner. Smile I prayed and prayed and I'm glad that my prayers were answered.

I hope everyone is doing well. ( :
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Paul wrote:
Zara!!!! Great to see you back again!!! bouncy

A double major...yikes! Well, you certainly are ambitious and determined. But it is great to see you pop in again!

Whoa. It is a bit scary that I used almost the exact same words in the message I sent to Zara just about now. Shocked Paul, methinks we may have been spending too much time together rabbit

I'm so tired at the moment. There's so much to do. My daily routine looks something like this:
get up
get shower
get breakfast
school till lunch
lunch
study till fall asleep at desk

- repeat next day -

So I've now created a new rule: No work after 8pm. (Which is about the time that my brain stops functioning anyway.) It seems to fit into all my other rules rather well, actually - plus I have an excuse to give to my therapist when she starts lecturing me about sleep again Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Zara!!!! Great to see you back again!!! bouncy

A double major...yikes! Well, you certainly are ambitious and determined. But it is great to see you pop in again!
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 am

Grace wrote:
Fingolfin wrote:
The company here is undoubtedly better, although I think Twilight (and the accompanying fans) do not troll Y!A's B&A as much as they used to. I just go on there every now and then. I've also tried out the psychology and mental health sections, just for interest.
I think many people on here are extremely busy, hence the rather quiet forums. I don't really blame them, as I've been having trouble keeping up with my studies as well.
I wonder if we will be having a group read soon....just speculating..

Suggest a book Smile

I realize this sounds weird, but to be quite honest, I don't have time to participate in a book read, as a few chapters a day is just too much. I suspect that many of us are quite busy with our jobs, studying, and/or social lives.
I brought the subject up if you guys had time. I enjoy following a thread on a book read and just keeping abreast of your thoughts. I'm a slow reader, and I have a busy schedule. Completely odd, I know.
Well, if you don't agree with me, you still have to admit that the comments on a book as a group read progresses through the novel, is interesting at least.
I'm almost halfway through Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. Wonderful novel. I should post something in the review section when I have finished with it AND have brushed up on my reviewing skills from high school . Wink

Way to go, Zara. This thread has been the place of everyone's random thoughts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 am

Actually, what I REALLY can't believe is that only this thread, one that I started like 14 months ago out of boredom (to talk to myself! LOL!) is the only one left in this category. And probably the most active one on this forum. It's a mish-mash thread of sorts, which is pretty cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:00 am

Ay ay ay......it's been so long since I last came on here! Being a double major is way more work than I'd imagine it would be! But it's fun, so the end justifies the means. And I even decided to follow up on the Japanese---it's my official minor!

So....I'm going to skim through for now (more engineering and bio tests...*facepalm*), and hopefully post not too much later.

I love the new format! Orange is such a pretty color.....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Fingolfin wrote:
The company here is undoubtedly better, although I think Twilight (and the accompanying fans) do not troll Y!A's B&A as much as they used to. I just go on there every now and then. I've also tried out the psychology and mental health sections, just for interest.
I think many people on here are extremely busy, hence the rather quiet forums. I don't really blame them, as I've been having trouble keeping up with my studies as well.

Suggest a book Smile
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:21 am

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm glad you are feeling better, Lilli!

I haven't been on Y!A in so long (though I noticed that someone reconnected with me after trolls had forced me to do a fan dump...thank you for that! Very Happy ). At a certain point it seems as if everyone is asking the same question over and over, even in different categories. Perhaps I'll go back again. For now, I'll just hang around here for a bit. I kinda like the company. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 pm

After getting hit with three consecutive sicknesses, I am finally recovering in general. Yay me!
And - I'm really happy to be back. I've been more recently on Y!A quite a lot - rediscovering how fun I used to think it was. Very Happy LC is still my favorite, but it's so slow nowadays ....

Aw, Laura, I'm so sorry. All the best wishes to you. I know you'll do beautifully.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 am

Not much you can do about that, Laura, I'm sorry to say. The best you can do is concentrate on what you can control, and let everything else happen as it may. Personally, I believe you are going to be just fine. It will be over soon enough. As Nolo said, we are behind you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next