Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 am

Louisa Ciel wrote:
Need...sleep...

Then go to sleep, woman! LOL!

And Paul? I think those hours are just ridiculous. You should really consider seeing a doctor to get a medically-excused leave. Please don't exert yourself too much! You have a life, after all!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:40 am

Need...sleep...
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:27 pm

HappyGoLucky wrote:
Paul wrote:
I am getting so damn tired. I'm starting to see double with these damned hours. Another week and a half, and hopefully that's it. I've had enough fun for one day, thank you. I either sit around and do nothing or I have ten people at once wanting something now. And they never have enough information for me to find what they're looking for. You want a gasket, you say? And you don't know what the size is or what the stock number is? Well, gee, let's see what we have. Hey, only 376 different types of gaskets! That narrows it down! Let's go through the list one at a time, shall we?

Oh yeah, it's starting to get bad. Where's my bed?

I'll never understand these strange working hours. I mean, you are only freaking human, how can they expect that of you? Really, when you feel that you are about to break down, see your doctor and make him give you a medical certificate of some sort, so you can relax for a few days.

I very much appreciate the concern all of you have for me. Yes, this has been a tough ride, just like the last one was. But I knew I was going to have to do this coming into this job. And, once this one is over, I will be all set until the next ones in about five years. I think, when that time comes, I will take some days off throughout, break them up a bit. For now, I just wanted to establish myself here, so that the managers would know that I could do it.

Again, thank you, all of you. I am fortunate to have good friends here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Paul wrote:
I am getting so damn tired. I'm starting to see double with these damned hours. Another week and a half, and hopefully that's it. I've had enough fun for one day, thank you. I either sit around and do nothing or I have ten people at once wanting something now. And they never have enough information for me to find what they're looking for. You want a gasket, you say? And you don't know what the size is or what the stock number is? Well, gee, let's see what we have. Hey, only 376 different types of gaskets! That narrows it down! Let's go through the list one at a time, shall we?

I'll never understand these strange working hours. I mean, you are only freaking human, how can they expect that of you? Really, when you feel that you are about to break down, see your doctor and make him give you a medical certificate of some sort, so you can relax for a few days.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:00 am

Gosh, Paul. Please don't overwork yourself. I know you're doing this for the money, but take some time to just sit back and relax. It's obviously easier said than done, but that's better than having you explode or faint from exhaustion. Especially at your age, sleep is very much welcome. Smile Take care. ^^
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Jane wrote:
The good news: I'm president! The former president of my club quit, so now I'm in charge! cheers

The bad news: the last president was a slacker with no plans or research. This means that I have to start from scratch, spend hours researching thing he should have been able to hand off to me, and restrategize the entire club. Joy.

Hope you all had a happy Halloween.

Congrats! Look on the bright side: Now you can organise the entire thing the way you want it to be, and do not have to put up with structures and stupid ideas that your predecessor left behind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Jane wrote:
The good news: I'm president! The former president of my club quit, so now I'm in charge! cheers

The bad news: the last president was a slacker with no plans or research. This means that I have to start from scratch, spend hours researching thing he should have been able to hand off to me, and restrategize the entire club. Joy.

Congratulations! However, as you now well know, you have a lot of work to do to make up for the past president's apathy. Somehow I feel you are more than up to the task. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Paul wrote:
REMINDER

To all who live in areas where this applies, don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tonight!

Have a good Halloween! Twisted Evil affraid gape countcount hairhigh

We already did that last week. Of course, I forgot, got up one hour early and then stood before the closed doors of the theatre, wondering why it's always me Wink

Funny: At my parents' house, we have heaps of trick-or-treaters, but here there were none all night. Well, it is a mostly childless neighbourhood, but still... Strange.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 Beret_10

Happy Halloween, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:43 pm

REMINDER

To all who live in areas where this applies, don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tonight!

Have a good Halloween! Twisted Evil affraid gape countcount hairhigh
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:56 pm

My first Halloween in Canada is going great! Fright Night last night was so fucking awesome. I wish I had pics to show you guys, but it was dark, wet and cold, and I was having too much fun. Tomorrow I'm going to North Vancouver to go trick or treating with my cousin. Yay! I'm going to be a mad scientist! (I've already gotten the "mad" part long ago Laughing)

Kelsey, I hope your mother gets better soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:25 am

My mom was diagnosed with Swine Flu last night. One of those little nose-picking nine-year-olds she spends all day with probably gave it to her. Needless to say I've been avoiding her like the plague, not that she's getting out too much. And my dog has another intestinal infection, so they're keeping each other company.

On the upside, midterm meltdown (number one) is over, and the only score I'm waiting for is Trig. And tomorrow is Friday, and I can carve my pumpkins in peace in order to celebrate Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:12 am

I'm going to PNE for Fright Night! Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:32 pm

I have heard that when someone is recovering from H1N1 they are quite often walloped by something else. Just make sure you're doing what the doctor says you need to do, Zara. In time, hopefully relatively soon, you'll be fine again.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:49 pm

I really do have crappy luck. Just as I was recovering from H1N1, I managed to get another virus. It gave me yo-yo-ing fevers and constant vomiting and coughing. I just got a really bizarre symptom when I woke up this morning. I'm hearing double pitch of everything. According to the ABCDEFG sharp/flat system of Western Classical music, my right ear hears the correct pitch, but my left ear hears the pitch that is a half-step lower.

So when someone sings a middle C, my right ear hears the middle C, but my left ear hears a B-flat.

And it isn't just singing. Talking is essentially a quick run of pitches, so when someone talks, I also hear double pitch.

This makes listening to my iPod a little interesting. If I have both headphones on at the same time, I just hear the right words but a massive clash in pitches (a 2nd interval that is created by my ears is NOT a pretty thing. Think fire alarms. Those are famous examples of 2nd intervals. The reason why you hate the sound so much and react to it immediately--helpful in an emegency--is because it is a 2nd interval.) But when I only keep the right in, it's normal. But when I keep only the left it, IT SOUNDS SO COOL!!! The entire song is song on a lower key! And it's really pretty ^^

~~~

Of course, as nice as the ability is, it's a huge problem medically. It means I have a ridiculous amount of fluid built up in my sinuses and ears and eardrums. The laws of physics will tell you that light and sound waves warp if they go through enough fluid. But this has never happened to me before, so I must have a ridiculous amout on backup. Oh yeah, that and my ears feel like I'm on an airplane--popping like crazy. Except, the pain I feel while descending 1000s of feet on on airplane I feel while climbing just 1 or 2 stories in a house or campus building. Ick.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Paul wrote:
Eh, I'm a moron. All these hours must be turning my brain into Jell-O.

I've never really taken the time to learn all the nuts and bolts about Y!A. I'm not sure what half the settings mean. Anyway, I noticed that someone seemed to be following my starred answers around, posting their own answers that were completely off the wall and, it seems to me, with intentional misspellings and bad grammar. I guess this was a troll of sorts, I don't know. I checked her (the name was Myranda) profile and noticed she added me as a contact, along with a few others. Yet I don't remember getting a notification of it. So I ended up clicking on "No Fans" on my profile. Sure enough, that got rid of her. Unfortunately, I think I eliminated myself from all of your contact lists, as well. If you got any notifications saying this then I apologize. It was not intentional. Like I said, I am a moron. I still see all of you (the only contacts I have there are you guys) on my contact lists, but I am not sure you can still see my name on yours.

Unfortunately, I also compounded this by clicking off Y!A e-mail access and e-mail notification of contact add-ons. When I get a chance I will correct this. I cannot, however, do this from my computer at work. For some reason, the computer here won't allow me access to my profile, telling me I am trying to enter an "unauthorized" area. Great. And with the hours I'm working, I almost never get on the computer at home, although I got there enough to do these boneheaded mistakes. So, as soon as I can, I will correct them.

The next time you guys are on Y!A, let me know if this is what you see. Thanks a lot. Excuse me while I do this...
headwall

Don't worry, the story sound veeeery familiar to me... I did it before, too Embarassed That's a real problem: You have the following options to get rid of trolls (or people you accidentally added, in which case "a" is no option):
a) reporting them to Y!A, with next to no effect.
b) blocking them, which never does the trick, and quite possibly offends unintentional contacts.
c) erasing all your contacts.

Humph.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Eh, I'm a moron. All these hours must be turning my brain into Jell-O.

I've never really taken the time to learn all the nuts and bolts about Y!A. I'm not sure what half the settings mean. Anyway, I noticed that someone seemed to be following my starred answers around, posting their own answers that were completely off the wall and, it seems to me, with intentional misspellings and bad grammar. I guess this was a troll of sorts, I don't know. I checked her (the name was Myranda) profile and noticed she added me as a contact, along with a few others. Yet I don't remember getting a notification of it. So I ended up clicking on "No Fans" on my profile. Sure enough, that got rid of her. Unfortunately, I think I eliminated myself from all of your contact lists, as well. If you got any notifications saying this then I apologize. It was not intentional. Like I said, I am a moron. I still see all of you (the only contacts I have there are you guys) on my contact lists, but I am not sure you can still see my name on yours.

Unfortunately, I also compounded this by clicking off Y!A e-mail access and e-mail notification of contact add-ons. When I get a chance I will correct this. I cannot, however, do this from my computer at work. For some reason, the computer here won't allow me access to my profile, telling me I am trying to enter an "unauthorized" area. Great. And with the hours I'm working, I almost never get on the computer at home, although I got there enough to do these boneheaded mistakes. So, as soon as I can, I will correct them.

The next time you guys are on Y!A, let me know if this is what you see. Thanks a lot. Excuse me while I do this...
headwall
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 pm

I have never seen anything quite as polarizing as the Twilight novels. It seems you either love it or hate it. I will never know, as I will never read them, but everytime I go to B&A that is all I see, and have seen for over a year now.

I'm starting to get tired, but the outage is (unless they tack on an extension, which I hope they don't) halfway over. But, at the end I will be taking a two-week vacation that encapsulates Thanksgivings Day, so I have that to look forward to.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Freya wrote:
Interesting. The mare makes me laugh, though.

I learned about incubuses and succubuses when I was about 12 or 13. I was totally freaked. They say Merlin's father was one, that he raped a nun in her sleep, poor thing.

Incubus/Succubus = demons that have sex with you. Where did the idea that they were vampires pop into Smeyer's head, I wonder?

Edward is not creepy enough to be a demon. Since when do demons sparkle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:04 am

Interesting. The mare makes me laugh, though.

I learned about incubuses and succubuses when I was about 12 or 13. I was totally freaked. They say Merlin's father was one, that he raped a nun in her sleep, poor thing.

Incubus/Succubus = demons that have sex with you. Where did the idea that they were vampires pop into Smeyer's head, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 am

Athena wrote:
Cerese wrote:
European Romanticism is not as great as it sounds.
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 330px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare
This is the first time my homework has kept me up because it's creepy, and not only because there's a lot of it.

This pic is completely rofl worthy!

What's with the creepy looking horse? He kinda reminds me of Bullseye's (Toy Story) hypothetical evil twin.

It's called Nightmare. The horse is the mare in that. And the creepy thing on her chest is an incubus. The painting itself isn't too scary, but I started reading about incubuses, demons that basically rape you in your sleep, right before bed, and I was a little freaked out, even if they're obviously not real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:50 am

Cerese wrote:
European Romanticism is not as great as it sounds.
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 330px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare
This is the first time my homework has kept me up because it's creepy, and not only because there's a lot of it.

This pic is completely rofl worthy!

What's with the creepy looking horse? He kinda reminds me of Bullseye's (Toy Story) hypothetical evil twin.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:48 am

Does anyone here watch the American TV series Glee?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next