Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Christmas Carols

Go down 
+5
denizenofevil
GuardianSaiyoko
Laura
Tourterelle
BeautyBlitz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Epiphany

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Favorite Christmas Carols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there anybody else out there who isn't Christian?

I am a Mormon, but only because my parents force me into it, not because I want to be. When I'm older I'm probably going to be an agnostic Buddhist.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 9:01 pm

[quote="Coffee Spoons"]
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Well, since I'm not Christian, I'm not very familiar with Christman Carols, even though I hear them everywhere.

I'm not. I'm Taoist/Asatru Wiccan/Zen Buddhist with Native American spirituality, nature worship and the Bushido Code thrown in for good measure.

My parents said 'pick your own religion' and I'm afraid I couldn't make up my mind.

I still know Christmas carols, because my little brother and my mother are Christian, but I prefer the more pagan carols- like Lord of the Dance- or the instrumental ones, like Carol of the Bells.

Deck the Halls is a good pagan carol too, come to think of it.

Pretty cool religion I must say, Saiyoko. Technically I'm Christian, but spiritually I'm not so sure. I like some of the things they have going, but I also like some Buddhist beliefs and other random things. I have a sort of theory that if you mix and match bits of every (legitemite, not joke) religion just right, eventually you get complete truth.
Sorry for the tangent about religion. Anyway, my favorite carols are The Little Drummer Boy, Jingle Bell Rock, and Do You See What I See, but I despise Christmas Carols, especially when stations start playing them in late October.

You are probably right, Coffee Spoons. I've always considered that there is one "real" religion, but nobody has really discovered the entire thing, yet. Every religion has a piece of that truth, even agnostics and atheists. Yet, I don't think that anyone will see the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:54 pm

[quote="Zara Sahana 007"]
GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Well, since I'm not Christian, I'm not very familiar with Christman Carols, even though I hear them everywhere.

I'm not. I'm Taoist/Asatru Wiccan/Zen Buddhist with Native American spirituality, nature worship and the Bushido Code thrown in for good measure.

My parents said 'pick your own religion' and I'm afraid I couldn't make up my mind.

I still know Christmas carols, because my little brother and my mother are Christian, but I prefer the more pagan carols- like Lord of the Dance- or the instrumental ones, like Carol of the Bells.

Pretty cool religion I must say, Saiyoko. Technically I'm Christian, but spiritually I'm not so sure. I like some of the things they have going, but I also like some Buddhist beliefs and other random things. I have a sort of theory that if you mix and match bits of every (legitemite, not joke) religion just right, eventually you get complete truth.
Sorry for the tangent about religion. Anyway, my favorite carols are The Little Drummer Boy, Jingle Bell Rock, and Do You See What I See, but I despise Christmas Carols, especially when stations start playing them in late October.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:29 pm

GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

I think that I can fairly say that you have a unique religion. Pretty awesome.

Now that I think of it, I'm part of a flute choir and we are playing Carol of the Bells. It is so pretty...so I guess that's my new favorite.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:03 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Back to top Go down
https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Epiphany

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 5:04 pm

O, Holy Night
Silent Night
Oh Come, All Ye Faithful
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Silver Bells
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:35 am

Little Drummer Boy, Baby it's Cold Outside, and Feliz Navidad. I also like Silent Night. We had to learn it in German in fourth grade. I don't know why, but since then I love the song.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Okay, this is sort of awesome for anyone who's a video game nerd like me.

http://www.doctoroctoroc.com/video-game-inspired-music/8-bit-jesus-new-christmas-chip-tune-album/

My personal favourite of these, so far, is Carol of the Belmonts but I thought Super Jingle Bros was fun too.

(Note: If you're not a video game nerd, it's probably just sort of lame, rather than sort of awesome).
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:06 pm

I love all of the songs on George Winston's December cd. I think most of them would be Christmas songs. Among my other favorites would be:
Away in a Manger
Silent Night
Guard Him Joseph
The Most Beautiful Story that's Ever Been Told

The last two might be unfamiliar to most because they were written by members of the church I go to.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Oddly enough I couldn't stand Christmas music until I moved away from home. Now it's great.

My favourite carols are:
Colorado Christmas (it counts, I swear) by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock
Home for the Holidays
Carol of the Bells
Lord of the Dance by Blackmore's Night
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Little drummer boy. If that counts Smile Oh, and Let it snow in Michael Bublé's Swing version!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 pm

My favorite Christmas carol of all time is Frosty the Snowman.

santa
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Favorite Christmas Carols 1st_place

PostSubject: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Well, since the holiday's are fast approaching and the stores are filled with trinkets and toys for christmas I thought I would ask what everyone's favorite christmas carols are.

My Favorites are

It Came upon a Midnight Clear
Oh Holy Night
What Child is this?
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer by the Irish Rovers

santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols   Favorite Christmas Carols Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas Carols