Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did you have any recent dreams?

Go down 
+6
denizenofevil
Laura
GuardianSaiyoko
BeautyBlitz
Goldfish
Louisa
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:20 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
I just looked up the Duggars in Wikipedia, and I have to share this with you:
"Jim Bob Duggar is a former state legislator who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002. The Duggars now say their income is derived from the commercial properties they own [16][17]. The Duggars claim they live debt-free [18][19] which Jim Bob has said is "the fruit of Jim Sammons' Financial Freedom Seminar" he attended years ago. However, charity and solid financial planning — though not government-provided — provides for their lifestyle [20]. For example, while many smaller families struggle to pay the mortgage on more modest homes, the large house they live in was completed on January 20 2006 with aid from Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors.

The Duggars raise their children using the buddy system, in which an older sibling assists the younger sibling in daily tasks. The older buddy "will get the younger ones' meals" [21]. According to Michelle, "They help them with their little phonics lessons and games during the day and help them practice their music lessons. They will play with them or help them pick out the color of their outfit that they want to wear that day, and just all of those types of things." [22]"

So wrong...

What?! That's so wrong in so many levels. A lot of people are struggling, even with a small one, and the Duggars are giving birth here and there. That's unfair.

The older ones are the parents now? What are the real parents doing?

The real parents are popping out more kids as it's "God's wish," apparently. POOR parenting, if you ask me. Rolling Eyes

Poor kids...
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 am

Jane wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Mrs. Duggar also named her newest daugher Jordyn-Grace, and EACH kid has a J name. Yuck. Rolling Eyes

Well, I guess you're liable to run out of names after 17 kids.

I know, but honestly, who would give each child a J name?

Kids aren't dolls; people shouldn't do a theme like that.

I hate it when parents try to give their kids cutsie names. Like when people have twins and make their names rhyme. Or when celebrities name their kids ridiculous names (did you know each of Micheal Jackson's kids has his name somewhere in theirs?). My grandma was a nurse, and she said she actually met one lady who purposefully named her kid Crystal Shanda Leer. That's just hurting the child.

I didn't know Michael Jackson had kids! I looked it up in Wikipedia, and the names are...blah. Michael Joseph? Paris Michael? Ew.

Oh my gosh, that's abuse! I wonder how Crystal Shanda Leer is doing.

Crystal probably isn't doing any better than this girl at my school. Her name is Princess Bacon. You'd think parents would think harder about names. The kid does have to live with it forever.

Princess Bacon?! Oh, man. I have no words. Well, she could always change her name when she's older, like Miley. She didn't like Destiny Hope. I think it's a nice name, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
"Jim Bob Duggar is a former state legislator who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002. The Duggars now say their income is derived from the commercial properties they own [16][17]. The Duggars claim they live debt-free [18][19] which Jim Bob has said is "the fruit of Jim Sammons' Financial Freedom Seminar" he attended years ago. However, charity and solid financial planning — though not government-provided — provides for their lifestyle [20]. For example, while many smaller families struggle to pay the mortgage on more modest homes, the large house they live in was completed on January 20 2006 with aid from Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors.

The Duggars raise their children using the buddy system, in which an older sibling assists the younger sibling in daily tasks. The older buddy "will get the younger ones' meals" [21]. According to Michelle, "They help them with their little phonics lessons and games during the day and help them practice their music lessons. They will play with them or help them pick out the color of their outfit that they want to wear that day, and just all of those types of things." [22]"

So wrong...

What?! That's so wrong in so many levels. A lot of people are struggling, even with a small one, and the Duggars are giving birth here and there. That's unfair.

The real parents are popping out more kids as it's "God's wish," apparently. POOR parenting, if you ask me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:18 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Mrs. Duggar also named her newest daugher Jordyn-Grace, and EACH kid has a J name. Yuck. Rolling Eyes

I hate it when parents try to give their kids cutsie names. Like when people have twins and make their names rhyme. Or when celebrities name their kids ridiculous names (did you know each of Micheal Jackson's kids has his name somewhere in theirs?). My grandma was a nurse, and she said she actually met one lady who purposefully named her kid Crystal Shanda Leer. That's just hurting the child.

I agree. Like that poor girl named Tallulah does the Hula in Hawaii! If the parents want attention, they need to rename THEMSELVES, not their CHILD.

I hate trendy names as well, like Mckenzi, and mispelled names. Honestly, which looks better on a resume: Mackenzie Smith, or Mckenzi Smith? Sheesh.

*shouts off soapbox*

Yes, they'll think you don't know how to spell your own name!

I have a personal reason for hating misspelled names too; my name is misspelled, AND it is common. silent
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:18 am

Tourterelle wrote:

So wrong...

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:17 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

I didn't know Michael Jackson had kids! I looked it up in Wikipedia, and the names are...blah. Michael Joseph? Paris Michael? Ew.

Crystal probably isn't doing any better than this girl at my school. Her name is Princess Bacon. You'd think parents would think harder about names. The kid does have to live with it forever.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:15 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

I agree. Like that poor girl named Tallulah does the Hula in Hawaii! If the parents want attention, they need to rename THEMSELVES, not their CHILD.

I hate trendy names as well, like Mckenzi, and mispelled names. Honestly, which looks better on a resume: Mackenzie Smith, or Mckenzi Smith? Sheesh.

*shouts off soapbox*

Yes, they'll think you don't know how to spell your own name!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:14 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:11 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

*shouts off soapbox*
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:09 am

So wrong...
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:09 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:07 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Yeah, I prefer my kids to have names with a different starting letter.

Me and my sibs are an exception. Our names start with 'L' because it fits with our middle name and last name. That's why we're all LLLL.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:07 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:06 am

Tourterelle wrote:

Ugh. She still has a chance when no. 19 comes.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:06 am

Kelsey wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

That's true, I suppose. Four seems like too much to me still, though, for each child to get enough attention.

Speaking of which, am I the only one completely irritated with the Duggars? They say that having 18 kids is God's will and they are against birth control, but I find that ridiculous. They are the ones deciding to wean their kids off at 6 months old so they can have another, and they are the ones pushing off the younger siblings onto the older siblings. The kids can't possibly be getting enough attention from their parents.

That family kind of scares me. Not because they don't believe in birth control...they're just weird. And I think if you have that many kids, you don't really have the individual children's best interests at heart. They're not going to have as good a life all because their parents didn't use a freaking condom.

What the hell do they have against birth control, anyway? No harm in trying it, right?

I know people who don't believe in birth control. The Bible says to have children, but the Bible was written under different circumstances. History lesson: People didn't have sex nearly as much back then, so the chances of having children were fewer. They also needed more children because many infants died, and the ones that survived were necessary for survival. The Bible is just saying to ensure the world with enough Christian people to survive the hardships. It's not saying pop out twenty attention-deprived little ones. The point of that "be fruitful" thing is so that your children are confident in life in the Lord, and you have to have time to pay attention to each one to fulfill that mandate. At least, that's my interpretation.

I haven't studied the Bible, but if this is true, then they're are misinterpreting the Bible.

I suppose the Bible should be taken with a grain of salt; its teachings sometimes only applied to the time it was written.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:04 am

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:04 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

That's true, I suppose. Four seems like too much to me still, though, for each child to get enough attention.

Speaking of which, am I the only one completely irritated with the Duggars? They say that having 18 kids is God's will and they are against birth control, but I find that ridiculous. They are the ones deciding to wean their kids off at 6 months old so they can have another, and they are the ones pushing off the younger siblings onto the older siblings. The kids can't possibly be getting enough attention from their parents.

That family kind of scares me. Not because they don't believe in birth control...they're just weird. And I think if you have that many kids, you don't really have the individual children's best interests at heart. They're not going to have as good a life all because their parents didn't use a freaking condom.

What the hell do they have against birth control, anyway? No harm in trying it, right?

I know people who don't believe in birth control. The Bible says to have children, but the Bible was written under different circumstances. History lesson: People didn't have sex nearly as much back then, so the chances of having children were fewer. They also needed more children because many infants died, and the ones that survived were necessary for survival. The Bible is just saying to ensure the world with enough Christian people to survive the hardships. It's not saying pop out twenty attention-deprived little ones. The point of that "be fruitful" thing is so that your children are confident in life in the Lord, and you have to have time to pay attention to each one to fulfill that mandate. At least, that's my interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:03 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Ever since I was a kid, I decided I only want one child. But my friends and I did the palm reading thing, and it says I'll have 2. lol!

See, I don't want one, because I know the kid would be lonely, and I don't want two, because my parents only had two kids (including me) and I'M lonely.

Three seems like a good number, and 4+ seems like too much. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I was at a pool one time, and the couple there are three really sweet kids, and it just seemed to work out well for them. Enough for the kids to be happy, enough for the parents to control. noidea

Yeah, weird thoughts, I know.

I'm the second of three kids, and I hate it. Middle child syndrome. Too old to get away with what my little sister does, too young to (legally) do anything my older sister does. I want four so that no one is left alone in the middle.

Some religious nut jobs think using birth control is like going against God's will, I guess.

Ridiculous. Evil or Very Mad

I don't remember God ever saying Thou Shalt Not Use Birth Control.

Maybe they consider it like killing a child that has the potential to be?

I don't know. Like I said, they're crazy.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 3:01 am

Kelsey wrote:
If I ever did have kids, I think I'd want boys. I know how girls can be, even if I've never really had problems myself. Boys are more outright, though they can be very awkward little people. I like the name Laurence and the name Edward (my dad's name), but I think that's totally ruined for me. For girls, I like the names Annabel, Scarlett, Emma, and a whole lot of others.
I think it's weird when girls my age already worry about kids too much. I mean, that's smart to think about the future, but I know this one girl who takes it to far. She won't even look at a guy before she thinks they can have good children. I know we all think about it some, but that's just too much.

I think I would like 2 boys and a girl. My favorite names (right now) and Edmund (nicknamed Ned), Matteo, and Annabel.

I agree with you. It's fine to daydream, but when you actually judge guys based on if they'll make good children, that's just weird.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:59 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Ever since I was a kid, I decided I only want one child. But my friends and I did the palm reading thing, and it says I'll have 2. lol!

See, I don't want one, because I know the kid would be lonely, and I don't want two, because my parents only had two kids (including me) and I'M lonely.

Three seems like a good number, and 4+ seems like too much. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I was at a pool one time, and the couple there are three really sweet kids, and it just seemed to work out well for them. Enough for the kids to be happy, enough for the parents to control. noidea

I'm the second of three kids, and I hate it. Middle child syndrome. Too old to get away with what my little sister does, too young to (legally) do anything my older sister does. I want four so that no one is left alone in the middle.

Some religious nut jobs think using birth control is like going against God's will, I guess.

I don't remember God ever saying Thou Shalt Not Use Birth Control.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 am

If I ever did have kids, I think I'd want boys. I know how girls can be, even if I've never really had problems myself. Boys are more outright, though they can be very awkward little people. I like the name Laurence and the name Edward (my dad's name), but I think that's totally ruined for me. For girls, I like the names Annabel, Scarlett, Emma, and a whole lot of others.
I think it's weird when girls my age already worry about kids too much. I mean, that's smart to think about the future, but I know this one girl who takes it too far. She won't even look at a guy before she thinks they can have good children. I know we all think about it some, but that's just too much.

Last edited by Kelsey on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : an "o")
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:57 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:56 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

You're not alone. There was an article at People.com that they were already thinking of their 19th child! I mean, c'mon, isn't our population so big already?! And I feel bad for the kids; they have to hear their parents doing it. And I don't think they get all the love they need.

Not at all! I know someone who adores them and when I brought this up, she said "Well, the kids probably get attention from each other." Come ON! A parent's job is to give each child attention and love; it is not the siblings' responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you have any recent dreams?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: