Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did you have any recent dreams?

Go down 
+6
denizenofevil
Laura
GuardianSaiyoko
BeautyBlitz
Goldfish
Louisa
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:58 pm

GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
So I'm the only one who doesn't dream of ballrooms, then? Huh. I really don't think I've ever dreamed I was in a ballroom; if I were in I'd only be trying to get out anyway. There are not enough places to hide in a ballroom.

I never have nightmares. I've had three dreams in my life which might count, aforementioned zombie dream included, and they all had a "WTF?" element to them more than a nightmare. Hell, the zombie one was actually mad fun up until the end; there was some heart-pounding terror due to fighting for our lives, yes, but it was coupled with the kind of adrenaline rush that shouldn't be possible when you're actually asleep. My brother's doll tried to kill me, for example. (Yes, my brother's doll. I had stuffed animals because dolls were girly).

That is a really disturbing dream, denizen. I don't even know what else to say about it.

Hey, you're not alone. victory I never had ballroom dreams wherein Prince Charming whisked me off the room.

Speaking of zombies, my sister dreamed that my mom's best friend was dead and under the bed. I was both hysterical and creeped out. roflmao

Hm, for some reason, I hated Barbie dolls. I only loved the little things that came with Barbie play sets. To prove my hatred, I used to cut her fake, blond hair. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:53 pm

denizenofevil wrote:
I've had a recurring dream for a while now. My best friend is in a boat dying slowly (every night, the reasons are different for example, drug use, difficult labor, bleeding to death). The boat is not on water but on a river of blood drifting further and further away. The sky is reddish and it's really dark. I'm trying to help her but hands coming out of the water are pushing the boat away and pulling me park. When I look down, I see the my chest is completely ripped open and that the river of blood was actually my blood. A voice is telling me to help her. It's a really soothing, quiet male voice but in the background, I can hear a bunch of loud voices telling me that I can't and I should give up. It was such a disturbing dream.

Urgh, that was pretty scary. I took a nap a while ago, and had a dream wherein my grandmother would kidnap and molest children who open the bathroom door. It. Was. So. Creepy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:58 am

Oh Denizen, I'd HATE to have a dream like that. Talk about disturbing. Guardian, were you like that all through childhood? hating girly stuff?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 9:02 pm

denizenofevil wrote:
I've had a recurring dream for a while now. My best friend is in a boat dying slowly (every night, the reasons are different for example, drug use, difficult labor, bleeding to death). The boat is not on water but on a river of blood drifting further and further away. The sky is reddish and it's really dark. I'm trying to help her but hands coming out of the water are pushing the boat away and pulling me park. When I look down, I see the my chest is completely ripped open and that the river of blood was actually my blood. A voice is telling me to help her. It's a really soothing, quiet male voice but in the background, I can hear a bunch of loud voices telling me that I can't and I should give up. It was such a disturbing dream.

Sounds kind of like (forgive me) that Inferi scene from the "The Cave" chapter in Harry Potter and the HBP. Except not really.
I've had dreams like that before but instead of a friend, it was my mom (which is strange because I'm not that close to my mother.

*Hey, my smileys are moving today, but they usually are still. I think it's because I had my computer off today when I usually just keep it on standby. Wow, some of these are a little different (and cruder) than I had thought. Like hugging , mooorning , and pc . I think I like them better when they move... maybe. They're funny.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 pm

So I'm the only one who doesn't dream of ballrooms, then? Huh. I really don't think I've ever dreamed I was in a ballroom; if I were in I'd only be trying to get out anyway. There are not enough places to hide in a ballroom.

I never have nightmares. I've had three dreams in my life which might count, aforementioned zombie dream included, and they all had a "WTF?" element to them more than a nightmare. Hell, the zombie one was actually mad fun up until the end; there was some heart-pounding terror due to fighting for our lives, yes, but it was coupled with the kind of adrenaline rush that shouldn't be possible when you're actually asleep. My brother's doll tried to kill me, for example. (Yes, my brother's doll. I had stuffed animals because dolls were girly).

That is a really disturbing dream, denizen. I don't even know what else to say about it.
Back to top Go down
https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 am

Kelsey wrote:
*Butting in* I've had a dream with a deserted ballroom before! I can never remember my dreams during school days, but the ones that I do remember (because they're really vivid or I'm out of school) are really strange. Anyway, this one was really vivid (and scary):
I was all of a sudden in a place that looked an awful lot like the ballroom at Virginia Tech. I was all alone and when I walked, my footsteps echoed and I swished. Why? For some reason, I was in a ball gown. All the while, I've got this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that there's someone there. There was. He shows up right behind me and grabs me around the waist (which surely required bending down because he's really tall). *cue crackly record player* I'm afraid to look up, but I try to pull away... unsuccessfully. I try again, and this time (undoubtedly due to the dress I'm wearing) I get away. I run like heck out of there, making a ton of clacky-swishy noises which I'm sure he can hear.
I've never known how this one ends, but it scared me. If I ever have it again, I'll be sure to look at his face. I always have dreams over again till I finish them. I recently finished a horror dream that I've been having for three years and I finally learned that the knife is in the kitchen.

I took about a four-hour nap when I got home from school and I had a dream. It involved lots of Disney characters, some guy I don't know, and a big oak tree. I don't think there was a plot, but I can't really remember.

Ah, ballroom dreams. I've had quite a few of those.... coming into a ballroom all dressed up, only to find it deserted, with cobwebs lying all over and the feeling I've stepped into a time warp, looking through books, trying to find out just what happened ......
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:30 am

*Butting in* I've had a dream with a deserted ballroom before! I can never remember my dreams during school days, but the ones that I do remember (because they're really vivid or I'm out of school) are really strange. Anyway, this one was really vivid (and scary):
I was all of a sudden in a place that looked an awful lot like the ballroom at Virginia Tech. I was all alone and when I walked, my footsteps echoed and I swished. Why? For some reason, I was in a ball gown. All the while, I've got this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that there's someone there. There was. He shows up right behind me and grabs me around the waist (which surely required bending down because he's really tall). *cue crackly record player* I'm afraid to look up, but I try to pull away... unsuccessfully. I try again, and this time (undoubtedly due to the dress I'm wearing) I get away. I run like heck out of there, making a ton of clacky-swishy noises which I'm sure he can hear.
I've never known how this one ends, but it scared me. If I ever have it again, I'll be sure to look at his face. I always have dreams over again till I finish them. I recently finished a horror dream that I've been having for three years and I finally learned that the knife is in the kitchen.

I took about a four-hour nap when I got home from school and I had a dream. It involved lots of Disney characters, some guy I don't know, and a big oak tree. I don't think there was a plot, but I can't really remember.
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Well, you know... Ballrooms... Dark Corners... Anything else, as long as I get to have the guy... bouncy
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:16 pm

Does the girl I was fighting off zombies with count? Very Happy 'Cause she was pretty attractive up 'til she got munched.

Nah, there's strangers, just not ballrooms. Last time I had to go to a dance I... well, okay, last time I ditched to spend the weekend camping in the woods, but the time before that me and my date stole a friend's pimp game and started a massive limbo game hidden in a dark corner. I don't think I've ever danced without being drunk first. clapping (These are so much fun).
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Not even if the stranger is HOT? As in, really smoking hot? affraid
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:10 pm

Solveig wrote:
I usually dream movie-like, too. I have always known the difference between dreams and reality, so I can just sit back, relax, and if I don't like one of my dreams, I can simply switch to something different. One of the weird things nobody has ever taught me, but it does come in handy in these nightmarish endless-fall-scenarios - simply realize you're dreaming, and snap! you're happily back where you belong, usually in the arms of some mysterious stranger in the middle of a ballroom...
cheers

I've always had that ability, too. Didn't use it in the zombie dream, because... hey, fighting zombies is fun. Did not expect my companion to die.

I think I figured out where I learned it though- my parents used to tell us when we were kids that if we had a dream we didn't like, we could 'change the channel' to another dream. I never knew it wasn't a usual ability so I've been able to do it most of my life.

I never end up in the arms of a stranger in a ballroom, though. (Well, okay, only if David Bowie counts and that was only once). I go flying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 pm

I usually dream movie-like, too. I have always known the difference between dreams and reality, so I can just sit back, relax, and if I don't like one of my dreams, I can simply switch to something different. One of the weird things nobody has ever taught me, but it does come in handy in these nightmarish endless-fall-scenarios - simply realize you're dreaming, and snap! you're happily back where you belong, usually in the arms of some mysterious stranger in the middle of a ballroom...
cheers
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 6:51 pm

I have really vivid, memorable dreams almost every night. For some reason they're all in psychedelic technicolour and tripper than an aging hippie. hippie

This one wasn't that recent, but it was really vivid- I was hanging around a teaching hospital, which looked suspiciously like Princeton Plainsborough, waiting for a nurse to come off shift because I had a date with her for coffee that night. I'd actually just asked her out at the beginning of the dream and was still on Cloud Nine that she'd said yes. I was waiting for her outside an exam room, where she was finishing her last rounds for the day, and as she came out into the hall and greeted me all the lights went out and people started screaming... and zombies attacked.

Well, all the nurses and doctors and I armed ourselves with scalpels, hemostats, syringes, bedpans, anything we could get our hands on and started defending the hospital. We barricaded the morgue shut and made a moving barricade we could retreat down the halls with, blocking off most of the hospital so we could all defend the patients, and then spread out in groups to be more effective. We kept slowly but steadily losing people, though. Eventually my group was down to just me and my date and she was keeping watch outside while I checked rooms for inhabitants/refugees.

I came out of a room that was empty just in time to see a zombie bearing down at her, swung my makeshift weapon (whatever it was) at it but not in time, and watched in horror as he bit through her neck. She screamed, I screamed, and I woke up going "What just happened?"

So... It was extremely vivid. I remember it in great detail.

And this is the kind of dream I have every other night or so, only it's usually less depressing.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:47 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
I used to work for a TERRIBLE boss, great person, horrible managerial skills. Anyway, I would frequently have dreams that I was horribly late for work, like 2-3 hours late. I'd wake up at 3am panicking because I thought it was 3 pm and that I was late for work. THAT BITES! vampire

That's happened to me before, except my boss was just, most of the time, terrible all around. And I was so overwhelmed by the stress of the job and of trying to get everything right, that I started having dreams about her and I'd be yelling in my dreams, telling her everything that I really felt. Then I started...er...sleep acting? I was that stressed out that she haunted me everywhere, in the daytime and at night, so I quit shortly afterwards. I would've gone insane, I'm convinced, if I hadn't quit. lol!
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:43 pm

I used to work for a TERRIBLE boss, great person, horrible managerial skills. Anyway, I would frequently have dreams that I was horribly late for work, like 2-3 hours late. I'd wake up at 3am panicking because I thought it was 3 pm and that I was late for work. THAT BITES! vampire
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
I had a very weird dream last night. I was on Y!A, procrastinating around B&A. I glanced up and saw that the Top Answerer of B&A wasn't Persi, but a Twilighter with the username of <3<3<3<3<3Edward Cullen<3<3<3<3<3. I was shocked; I quickly clicked Top 10 Answerers and saw that all of them were Twilighters. B&A was completely taken over by Twilighters! affraid

Just when I thought I was going to have a panic attack, I woke up, thank God. drunken
Just goes to show that I've been hanging out with too many Twilighters; they're slowly seeping into my subconscious.

So how about you guys? Any weird dreams recently? Very Happy

lol! Louisa Lynn, I feel sorry for you. I would've probably felt the same way, too. Luckily, Persi's BA number in B&A is really high. It'd take some time to reach it and by then she might just return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 am

Nothing except I dreamt my hair was super long, and instead of just brown, it was streaked with dark red and black (weird, but it looked nice) I was swirling it around when I woke up.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:22 am

I had a very weird dream last night. I was on Y!A, procrastinating around B&A. I glanced up and saw that the Top Answerer of B&A wasn't Persi, but a Twilighter with the username of <3<3<3<3<3Edward Cullen<3<3<3<3<3. I was shocked; I quickly clicked Top 10 Answerers and saw that all of them were Twilighters. B&A was completely taken over by Twilighters! affraid

Just when I thought I was going to have a panic attack, I woke up, thank God. drunken
Just goes to show that I've been hanging out with too many Twilighters; they're slowly seeping into my subconscious.

So how about you guys? Any weird dreams recently? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you have any recent dreams?   Did you have any recent dreams? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you have any recent dreams?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: