Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Grammar Child
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
The Grammar Child

Number of posts : 99
Dictionary Definition : The Fionacus-Grammaticus-Childicus is probably the youngest species known to the LC universe. Although she is one of the more advanced species in her own world (highous schoolicus), she can often be found asking questions about many things in the LC forum. This species of homo sapien is also known to be slightly over-excitable in the chatbox, sometimes to the point of throwing shoes. Much like a young puppy, she can be hyperactive and irritating - and yet, somehow, she can extremely lovable too.
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:05 pm

I posted this as a question on Y!A, but I haven't found out yet. Do any of you know this?

My English teacher was talking about a book today that she said we might wish to read when we're a bit older, but she didn't mention the name! It sounded pretty interesting (but she gave away the ending) and I'd like to look at it.

It's about a boy who lives alone on an island (with the exception of his father). He's a really warped person who likes to shoot animals and stuff and he feels like there's another person in him that wants to get out. He doesn't know why he's so messed up until the end when he finds out he's ACTUALLY a girl!

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Also - do you think it's too old for me? She said we might read it in fifth or sixth year at school. We're just going into third year right now.
Back to top Go down
Morgaine

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Wow I hope you find out because I want to read it now, too.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Even with Google, I cannot seem to find this. Can you get any more details, such as the author or a word in the title? That would help tremendously.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:53 am

Since she's your English teacher, you could ask her what it was the next time you meet her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Grammar Child
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
The Grammar Child

Dictionary Definition : The Fionacus-Grammaticus-Childicus is probably the youngest species known to the LC universe. Although she is one of the more advanced species in her own world (highous schoolicus), she can often be found asking questions about many things in the LC forum. This species of homo sapien is also known to be slightly over-excitable in the chatbox, sometimes to the point of throwing shoes. Much like a young puppy, she can be hyperactive and irritating - and yet, somehow, she can extremely lovable too.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:48 pm

I've got English tomorrow - I can ask then.

Once I get the name, I'll put it here! I really want to know what it is!
Back to top Go down
The Grammar Child
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
The Grammar Child

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Found it! I asked my teacher today. It's 'The Wasp Factory' by Iain Banks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wasp_Factory

She said it's pretty violent and that I might want to leave it for a year or two - she also suggested running it by my parents first. It does look quite good, and now that I know the name of it, I can look at reviews and stuff.

Problem solved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?   Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here know which book I'm talking about?
Page 1 of 1