Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you were a book, what would you be?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-12-04

If you were a book, what would you be? Empty
PostSubject: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:29 am

I honestly have no idea what I'd be. I'll think about it later. Et vous?
(Because this forum has been pretty inactive recently.)
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 5:27 am

Do you mean which book fits your character, or which one you would like to be?
I think The Children of Hurin fits my current character pretty well.It's a tragedy where the protagonists kill themselves in the end. (I'm not emo, it's just a cool story)
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : If you were a book, what would you be? 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 am

I don't know what book I would be, but I can tell you what book I would want to be.

I'd want to be something leatherbound with slightly yellowed pages, a book that could stand the test of time. I'd want to be something semi-obscure, where only those who were actually intelligent and interesting would read me. I'd want to be thought provoking, yet heart wrenching. I'd want to be a book that people would read over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 5:43 pm

I like Mariah's answer. It would be tough to choose a specific book, or to add many more details to the ones Mariah gave. Hopefully my readers would use a bookmark and not dog-ear the pages. That always looked uncomfortable for the poor book, plus it makes it look terrible. Hopefully I would be a house book or a library book and not one taken to the beach. Sand between my pages...no thanks.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : If you were a book, what would you be? 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Paul wrote:
I like Mariah's answer. It would be tough to choose a specific book, or to add many more details to the ones Mariah gave. Hopefully my readers would use a bookmark and not dog-ear the pages. That always looked uncomfortable for the poor book, plus it makes it look terrible. Hopefully I would be a house book or a library book and not one taken to the beach. Sand between my pages...no thanks.

rofl Would sand between your pages be like sand in your but crack? rofl

I'll also add that I hope no one would take me into the tub. Paper and water don't mix.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 pm

I'd be.... I'd be....

Ok. So I wanted to write that I would be some really clever book that was loved by many people. But in fact, I suppose I'd be the hidden treasure, probably self-published, not sold on Amazon, and albeit short, my plot would be extremely complex.

So much for self-esteem lol!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 am

Gadz! Really good question, but a difficult one. I just got back today, so I'll probably answer this later. Suffice to say you've given me much to think about....
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Queen Rhodantia wrote:
Paul wrote:

rofl Would sand between your pages be like sand in your but crack? rofl

I'll also add that I hope no one would take me into the tub. Paper and water don't mix.

...and you would not want to be one of my working copies. My Macbeth, for instance, looks sadly involved - every page written full of comments, explanations, vocab for the students (so I don't have to think of a nice circumlocution every time), possible assignments...
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you were a book, what would you be?   If you were a book, what would you be? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you were a book, what would you be?
Page 1 of 1