Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+24
Just Like That
jocelynclaire
Jen
Eden
xenophi1ia
lintu
Spec Tac
Paul
Magda
Louisa
caring carer
Jane
Zara Mikazuki
March Hare
Medusa
Goldfish
denizenofevil
Cereal P!NK
Epiphany
Kelsey
Tourterelle
GuardianSaiyoko
Laura
BeautyBlitz
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:31 am

Quote :
Somehow... I guess Very Happy

Psh, it made perfect sense! Razz
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:35 am

Solveig wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Quote :
No not read that one! Have only just found this author and I know its YA but I enjoy reading them! I am a kid at heart! Looking at some of the profiles I may be the eldest one here!

Don't worry about being a bit older than some of us here, especially if you're a kid at heart! We're all readers and therefore, age doesn't make a huge difference. Very Happy

scratch Wait, did that make any sense?

Somehow... I guess Very Happy

Of course it made sense. Nobody should freak out over being a bit older than some of us. After all, we don't care as long as you are an avid reader who knows good literature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:26 am

Goldfish wrote:
I love your avatar, Zara. Very nice. I'm reading Pride and Prejudice right now, too. I'm actually enjoying it this time.

Enjoying it this time? I can see why it might be a drag to some people, but begging your pardon, why was it so unpleasant before?
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:37 am

LuthienT wrote:
Enjoying it this time? I can see why it might be a drag to some people, but begging your pardon, why was it so unpleasant before?

Meh, I wasn't in the mood before. I tried reading it the first time, but just couldn't get into it. I don't why I've gotten into it this time though. Maybe it's because I've stuck around longer--not that I'm that far into the book. I'm like on...chapter 8.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:50 am

I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time when I was 10 or 11. I didn't really understand all the feelings, being younger, but the storyline and Lizzy just enveloped me from the start and hooked me good and proper Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:29 am

I'm reading Wuthering Heights again! Seriously, could someone recommend me new books? WH is great and all, but I need to try new things! Emma by Jane Austen sounds good, though. Speaking of Jane Austen, I just read 'Me and Mr. Darcy' by Alexandra Potter. For a chick-lit book, it's pretty entertaining but nothing more. I would probably flick through it out of boredom. A new kind of twisted Pride and Prejudice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caring carer
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
caring carer

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am

LuthienT wrote:
I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time when I was 10 or 11. I didn't really understand all the feelings, being younger, but the storyline and Lizzy just enveloped me from the start and hooked me good and proper Embarassed

Jane Eyre did that to me! I first read Jane Eyre when I was 9 (I learnt to read by age 3) and was smitten and have lost count how many times I have since read the book. I have it on audio and listen to it a lot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Haha, I read Jane Eyre even earlier, and it hooked me as well. 9 years old. Understood it completely, loved it. Am I a freak?
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 3:06 am

I started reading Jane Eyre when I was ten, and I loved it back then, but, I don't know, something came up and I stopped. I really liked it though. I was up to the part where Jane first met Mr. Rocherster.

Later, when I was thirteen I found the book in a library, remembered how great I'd thought it was, and finished it. Now, it's one of my favorite books. Ever.

I'm currently reading JK Rowling's Tales of Beedle the Bard. I just got it today, and I love it. I'm on the commentatory for the last story. It's very interesting; the stories give lots of insight on the world of HP. And it answered my longtime question of whether or not Hogwarts has school plays, which was cool.

I love you M I love you
Back to top Go down
caring carer
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
caring carer

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 3:41 am

I got the new JK Rowling book today. Will read it later though! Glad its going to be a good read. study
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Reviving threads, la-la-la...

I am currently re-reading the Prisoner of Azkaban, but am preparing to read a novel by Rebecca Ryman that my friend has given me (and which I just cannot get myself to read).
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
caring carer
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
caring carer

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I am reading/listening to The Reader by Bernard Schlink.....so far its great!

Yesterday I finished Folly by Alan Titchmarsh which I loved, his novels are simple romance with a bit of a twist in the story.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Listening? Wink I love audiobooks, I listen to them all the time. In fact, it's quite possible that my budgies know the voice of the readers better than my own Very Happy

Lynne, I really wished I had the time to read as much as you do. "The Reader" is a fantastic piece of fiction. I was thinking about seeing the movie, also because I love Kate Winslet, what do you think? Will it live up to the book?
Back to top Go down
caring carer
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
caring carer

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Solveig wrote:
Listening? Wink I love audiobooks, I listen to them all the time. In fact, it's quite possible that my budgies know the voice of the readers better than my own Very Happy

Lynne, I really wished I had the time to read as much as you do. "The Reader" is a fantastic piece of fiction. I was thinking about seeing the movie, also because I love Kate Winslet, what do you think? Will it live up to the book?

I have loads of audio books and I download from audible.co.uk every month which is where I have got The Reader from.

I find that movies based on books can be a bit disappointing, they can't really go wrong with this one but I bet they change lots of stuff! I may see the movie as the book is very good! Or wait til the dvd comes out and get it from our library.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Right now I am reading "Echo Burning" by Lee Child. I am hoping soon to be reading "Back Into Hell" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. That book, which should be released Tuesday, is the sequel to "Inferno", a novel from thirty years ago which concerned a sci-fi writer's descent into a Hell that is constructed like Dante's Inferno, with a few modern sins thrown in for good measure. I loved that book, and I am eagerly awaiting this long-in-the-coming sequel.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:57 pm

I finished The Grapes of Wrath yesterday, and I'm still reading The Book Thief.

I read I Am The Messenger (Markus Zusak) years ago, and I liked that. I can pick up on similarities between that and The Book Thief now.

I like The Book Thief. Sometimes the choppy writing style bugs me, though.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:45 pm

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks; my tutor was kind enough to lend me some of her books because she knew I was in a rut. I like romantic stories and a lot of people claimed that they cried with Sparks' books. I don't cry much in books, so at the end of a Sparks book I always have a stone-face and go, "Okay. Next one." I'm not a big fan of Sparks, though. I just need some love stories to cure my own messed-up love life. Razz

I don't think I'll be able to read The Rescue and The Devil and Miss Prym by Paolo Coehlo (thank God) because I still have serious packing to do and we leave May 2. bouncy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 am

Now reading Pearl S. Buck, "The Good Earth". It's the second Buck I read, and love it more with every page. It is really interesting, my mother, who is a rather analytical mind, could not get into it. I have the theory that Buck's novels can only be interpreted by using emotions and senses only, and not by thinking about it in great detail. Does anyone else know her, and might offer thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:26 pm

I finished One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest yesterday. That was a good one. Now I'm rereading The Lovely Bones while reading Gone With the Wind. The former is good, despite the...creepiness of it, and I haven't really gotten in to the latter yet.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm

I finished Through the Looking-Glass yesterday.

I started Les Miserables today. It's not exciting in any way, yet it's not boring. I'm not sure why. Hopefully I'll like it.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Allison wrote:
I finished One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest yesterday. That was a good one. Now I'm rereading The Lovely Bones while reading Gone With the Wind. The former is good, despite the...creepiness of it, and I haven't really gotten in to the latter yet.

You probably won't get into GwtW for a long while. I didn't. But I really love the book.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:23 am

Allison wrote:

I wanted to read Lovely Bones. The storyline is pretty interesting. I'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 am

Louisa Asuka wrote:
Allison wrote:

I wanted to read Lovely Bones. The storyline is pretty interesting. I'll have to see.

I read The Lovely Bones some time ago. It's a good book but like Jane said, it's kind of creepy.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:30 am

Zufriedenheit wrote:
Louisa Asuka wrote:
Allison wrote:

I read The Lovely Bones some time ago. It's a good book but like Jane said, it's kind of creepy.

It's about that guy who brutally murdered the girl and her bones were scattered or something? Then the girl watches her family from heaven?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:32 am

Louisa Asuka wrote:
Zufriedenheit wrote:
Louisa Asuka wrote:
Allison wrote:

It's about that guy who brutally murdered the girl and her bones were scattered or something? Then the girl watches her family from heaven?

This guy rapes the girl, and then she dies and ends up watching her family from Heaven. Yep, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next