Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic book quiz?

Go down 
+4
Tourterelle
Laura
Magda
BeautyBlitz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Classic book quiz? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 am

The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

"Without a doubt. The railway is not finished-"
"How! It is not finished?"
"No! There is still a section of fifty mile to construct between this point and Allahabad, where the track commences again".
"But the papers have announced the opening of the entire line".
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne?

It's all bought up as fast as it can be made,' said the fellow. 'There
are fourteen water-mills, six steam-engines, and a galvanic battery,
always a-working upon it, and they can't make it fast enough, though
the men work so hard that they die off, and the widows is pensioned
directly, with twenty pound a-year for each of the children, and a
premium of fifty for twins. One penny a square! Two half-pence is all
the same, and four farthings is received with joy. One penny a square!
Wine-stains, fruit-stains, beer-stains, water-stains, paint-stains,
pitch-stains, mud-stains, blood-stains! Here is a stain upon the hat
of a gentleman in company, that I'll take clean out, before he can
order me a pint of ale.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

He had not been at his work many months when again he did not come home one night.
"Do you know where Arthur is?" asked Paul at breakfast.
"I do not," replied his mother.
"He is a fool," said Paul. "And if he DID anything I shouldn't mind. But no, he simply can't come away from a game of whist, or else he must see a girl home from the skating-rink—quite proprietously—and so can't get home. He's a fool."
"I don't know that it would make it any better if he did something to make us all ashamed," said Mrs. Morel.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:25 am

Sons and Lovers, D.H. Lawrence

Frogs are good swimmers but they haven't much endurance. Down the pool they went until finally they were bunched and crowded against the end. And the feet and wildly plunging bodies followed them. A few frogs lost their heads and floundered amount the feet and got through and these were saved. But the majority decided to leave this pool forever, to find a new home in a new country where this kind of thing didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:08 am

Cannery Row, John Steinback

Gentlemen, it seems to me you're both out of line to be laying down the law about things that are really up to me. I am no schoolboy, and I won't be dictated to with hours and schedules. I'll have my lessons in the order and manner I prefer. So to cut short this argument, let's figure this out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 1:57 pm

The Taming of the Shrew, Shakespeare.

After the knife incident, Father spent less and less time at home and more at work. He made excuses to the family, but I didn't believe him. I often shivered with fear as I sat in the garage, hoping for some reason he might not leave. In spite of all that had happened, I still felt Father was my protector. When he was home, Mother only did about half the things to me that she did when he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 pm

A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

The Director leads the students to the garden, where several hundred naked children are playing. The Director remarks that “in Our Ford's day,” games involved no more than a ball or two, a few sticks, and maybe a net. Such simple apparatus did nothing to increase consumption. In the current World State, all games, like “Centrifugal Bumble-puppy,” involve complicated machines.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

With its two fighting claws held forward like a wrestler's arms the big pandinus scorpion emerged with a dry rustle from the finger-sized hole under the rock.
There was a small patch of hard, flat earth outside the hole and the scorpion stood in the centre of this on the iips of its four pairs of legs, its nerves and muscles braced for a quick retread and its senses questing for the minute vibrations which would decide its next move.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Diamonds Are Forever, Ian Fleming

The little prince is apprehensive at first. He says he does not have much time and that he is looking for friends. The fox says that if the prince wants a friend, he will have to tame the fox. The prince asks how such a thing is done, and the fox coquettishly takes him through the ritual. He explains that rites and rituals are important because they allow certain moments to stand out from all the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:37 pm

I begged her to let me go and kill another little boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic book quiz?   Classic book quiz? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic book quiz?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3