Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:38 am

So Veronica and Archie have this big, lavish wedding, with twins on the way, and the nearly 70 year old love triangle seemingly ended, but now this happens?!
I just really prefer Veronica over Betty. (Maybe because I like the spoiled, mean characters more Twisted Evil)
I miss the comics badly. sniff sniff I refuse to grow out of them. Razz

headdesk
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm

I am SO BORED. Until the mechanics start to take stuff out of the stockroom, which will probably not be for another couple of days, I sit here and vegetate. Yes, I am getting paid good money to vegetate, so I shouldn't complain, but...

BORING!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:44 am

My microphone is possibly broken, so I might buy a new one. Anyone who's knowledgeable in these kinds of things? I just had one of worst Fridays of my life yesterday, so I don't feel like getting ripped off. What brand, which store (preferably stores that are found around Canada), etc.?
By the way, we're reportedly getting 1.3 cm of snow on Monday. Great. Last time I checked it was still fall. Mad
My first Thanksgiving in Canada on the 19th! We never celebrate Thanksgiving in the Philippines, so I'm excited on what we're going to do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Rhea wrote:
Got home from the Virginia Tech game. We kicked Boston's butt (*cough*, Paul), and it was a day game so there weren't as many drunken idiots as usual. My turkey leg was pretty good, also. Don't you think it's a little ironic we serve up our mascot, smoked and wrapped in foil?

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Hokiebird

lol! Nice!

Actually, we have something in common today. I enjoyed a turkey leg, as well. I love the meat, but I hate picking out all the tendons.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Got home from the Virginia Tech game. We kicked Boston's butt (*cough*, Paul), and it was a day game so there weren't as many drunken idiots as usual. My turkey leg was pretty good, also. Don't you think it's a little ironic we serve up our mascot, smoked and wrapped in foil?

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Hokiebird
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 am

Paul wrote:
It is 7:10 A.M. on a Saturday where I am, the first day of my outage. In approximately 12 more hours I will be driving home, and looking forward to doing this tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after...

Thank God I work alone for the most part. I can sneak on here and on other sites, like Y!A and Goodreads. In between I can read my books. Oh, yeah, I suppose I could do some work while I'm here. Razz

Paul - my thoughts are with you. Poor man!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:10 am

It is 7:10 A.M. on a Saturday where I am, the first day of my outage. In approximately 12 more hours I will be driving home, and looking forward to doing this tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after...

Thank God I work alone for the most part. I can sneak on here and on other sites, like Y!A and Goodreads. In between I can read my books. Oh, yeah, I suppose I could do some work while I'm here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Thank you all for your compliments about my photography.

And, Mariah, hang in there for a few more weeks. Make sure you take care of yourself first, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Sorry about that, Mariah. I hope everything works out in the end. Look at Kelsey's photos, they ought to relax a bit.

Oooh, baby pics! Can't wait! jumping jumping jumping
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 am

Oh my FREAKIN lord!! I swear, if I didn't have a sense of humor I'd go stark raving mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My week has not been so smooth. My pump and my pressure tank in my well died so $1200 later, we have water again. YAY for running water! BOO for the big fat bill!!!!!

I had a non-stress test at the hospital as ordered by one of my 2, yes 2 doctors. I have a baby doc I see in my own town but because my hospital isn't equipped to deliver twins I have to have them out of town so I have ANOTHER baby doctor in that town as well. Well, the doc out of town ordered me to have a non stress test done once a week. All they do is hook you up to a fetal monitor and leave you there for half an hour. The fetal monitor measures the heartrates of the babies, their movements and my uterine activity. Well, anyway, I had to have this done the same day that I was dealing with my stupid well dying so I was a bit stressed and didn't look after myself quite as good as I usually do. I had a low...VERY low...almost non existant fever and was slightly dehydrated so the bitchy nurse panicked and called my doctor. I had to go into see my doctor the next day to find out what I already knew...that I was fine and that the nurse made a mountain out of a mole hill. Dumb bitchy freaky deeky nurse. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

I'm just glad that my parents had the good sense to teach their children to have a sense of humor or I think I would have gone insane and committed murder many many moons ago. Hopefully the next time I have to go in for my non stress test, that particular nurse will have been rotated OFF the maternity ward. She can go work in the ER and deal with all the insane morons that rush their children in for retarded things like minor scrapes and cuts. She can go deal with the hypocondriacs and the drunks and the drug addicts and leave the pregnant women alone.

Anyway.....life is good....just needed to rant! sunny

Oh, and don't worry everyone, as soon as the babies are home and stuff, pictures WILL be posted. sunny sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 am

Kelsey, these photos are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. I can almost hear the birds twittering. You're so lucky to have a beautiful autumn. Here it is summer March-November, and winter for the other months.
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 pm

You are a great photographer. Some beautiful pictures there. I particularly enjoyed the last one.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 am

Those pictures are really great, Kelsey! Be glad that you have such a nice autumn - where I live, we usually get gray autumns and lots of rain. In fact, it began to rain yesterday, and meteorologists are positive that it won't stop before March. Yay for Northern Germany! Sad

My mum will be coming over for lunch in around thirty minutes. I spent half the night cleaning my flat, with occasional breaks to watch "House M.D." and "Two and a half men". Place is gleaming. V. proud of myself Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Beautiful pictures, Kelsey. I feel myself relaxing a bit just looking at them.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Well, I went to the Parkway on Saturday and I took a few pictures of the area that I thought you all might like to see. In enormous, take-forever-to-load pictures.

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Pic_0010

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Pic_0011

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Pic_0013

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Pic_0015

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Pic_0017
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Queen Rhodantia wrote:
Oh how I hate appointments. That's all my life has been lately is appointments. I guess it goes with the territory when you are going to have twins. Not only do I see my doctor in town but I get an ultrasound every 2 weeks, a non stress test once a week starting next week and I go back out of town in the beginning of November to see another doctor. I will be so very glad when this is all over and done with and I can just be at home where I like it best. Don't worry, everything is fine. All these doctors and tests are just to be sure things stay that way.

My grandma finally got her knee surgery the other day and is doing great. The surgeon may even discharge her today. That would make her very very happy. Hospital food is disgusting. But at least down in the lobby there is this great little keyosk that serves the best coffee you could imagine. So when she can get out and get some exercise she goes down there and gets herself a coffee.

Other than that...nothing new to report.

Hope all you are doing well. I'll try to stop in more often but when I do go to have the twins no one will hear from me for awhile....unless you guys have facebook....?????? If you want to add me to your facebook PM me and I will PM you my name and email and stuff so you can find me.

Sweetie, take all the time you need Smile We'll still be here when you return, and hopefully bring lots of pictures of your additional family members with you cheers
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 pm

I can't believe he would even try that. During school. Video cameras in the halls. Teachers everywhere. A full classroom on either side of him. I also can't believe that, with all this being said, it took months for him to be caught. Creepy that something like this can go on for so long without anyone knowing.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:00 pm

*chrm*

I hereby promise that as soon as I am officially a teacher, I will never
a) kiss my students, unless directly related to me (i.e. nephew or similar)
b) shag my students
c) do anything physically with my students other than immediately required for teaching purposes.

I hope I'll never be forced to worked with someone as sick and despicable as that man. If I am, I hope I am alert enough to inform authorities and do everything to protect my students from him / her.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:22 pm

I am very glad you did not know this person, Jane. It amazes me how the sickness in the minds of people like this override all rational thought. They think they are not going to get caught or turned in. Even with video cameras everywhere now and with everyone on a heightened sense of alert for just such depredations, they seem to act as if they will get away with it. This is tragic on so many levels. The lives of these young ladies will never be what they should be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:55 am

Chanelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
I won! bouncy
We held elections for my club today, and I am officially co-president. Meaning I share leadership now, and get to take over when the current president (who's graduating) leaves. I'm so happy!

Yay, Aly, that's great. I'm so happy for you! victory Thank goodness you weren't involved. I've had my share of creepy teachers, and I can tell you right now they are no fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:54 am

Jane wrote:
I won! bouncy
We held elections for my club today, and I am officially co-president. Meaning I share leadership now, and get to take over when the current president (who's graduating) leaves. I'm so happy!

Yay, Aly, that's great. I'm so happy for you! victory
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 3:26 am

Jane wrote:
I'm kind of shocked right now. A teacher at my school (none that I knew personally, thank goodness) has been accused of -- well, here's the article:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/21184132/detail.html

Everyone I've talked to said that he was such a nice person, too. Idiot.

That's good he finally got caught, and a good thing you didn't take Latin. Hopefully no one else was harmed.

One of the teachers at my mom's school got arrested, too. But she got arrested for drug possession and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Obviously, for the latter charge, if she's found guilty (but I think it was actually her son's fault) she is absolutely out of a teaching job. That leaves the school in an awkward position, as she was the special ed teacher for third grade, and this year my mom has seven special ed kids.

http://nrvnews.com/Crimewatch/Radford-Teacher-Arrested.html
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:54 am

Jane wrote:
I'm kind of shocked right now. A teacher at my school (none that I knew personally, thank goodness) has been accused of -- well, here's the article:

How creepy! I'm glad you didn't know him personally.

A few years ago, in a town close to mine, a high school basketball coach behaved similarly to some of the girls on his team. Everyone was so shocked.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Mariah, it's good to see you! And I'm very glad to hear that all is going well.

It is understood that you are very busy and cannot make it here as often as you would like. Needless to say, taking care of yourself, your family, and the twins you carry comes first. We will miss seeing you here, but you have to do what you have to do.

Unfortunately, I have no Facebook account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next