Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Paul wrote:
Here I am alone, munching on a stalk of celery, trying to convince my imagination that it is actually a slice of pepperoni pizza. My imagination is telling me to give it up. Okay, then how about a slice of pizza with peppers on it? Peppers are green, just like celery. My imagination shakes its head and walks out of the room.

Yup, it's turning out to be one of those days. Razz

Dieting much? Very Happy

I have one of these days when you know that you should be working on something, but really cannot get your act together. cup
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Here I am alone, munching on a stalk of celery, trying to convince my imagination that it is actually a slice of pepperoni pizza. My imagination is telling me to give it up. Okay, then how about a slice of pizza with peppers on it? Peppers are green, just like celery. My imagination shakes its head and walks out of the room.

Yup, it's turning out to be one of those days. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:40 am

Just spent over an hour and a half on the phone with Verizon people trying to fix my internet. Funny how the connect you to people in India when you're way over here.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 am

Jane wrote:
Rhea wrote:
My mom lost my birth certificate, and just recently found it, so today I went to go take my learners (the test is really hard, I promise). I failed, and can't take it again for fifteen days. So now I'm officially over five weeks behind in getting my license, assuming I pass next time. Hopefully this is my last delay.

You have to wait five weeks?! That stinks. I failed my first time as well, but was allowed to retake it in 24 hours.

Well, I wish you luck for next time. The test I took wouldn't be the same as yours, but I know how hard it can be.

No, I have to wait fifteen days before I can retake the test. It's just that I'm already a few weeks behind due to the delay in finding my birth certificate so that I could even take the test. Then the fifteen day delay on top of that.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Rhea wrote:
My mom lost my birth certificate, and just recently found it, so today I went to go take my learners (the test is really hard, I promise). I failed, and can't take it again for fifteen days. So now I'm officially over five weeks behind in getting my license, assuming I pass next time. Hopefully this is my last delay.

You have to wait five weeks?! That stinks. I failed my first time as well, but was allowed to retake it in 24 hours.

Well, I wish you luck for next time. The test I took wouldn't be the same as yours, but I know how hard it can be.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I am currently wondering what kind of lifeless freak sits around all day in his/her underwear doing nothing but inventing useless computer viruses? It's like vandalism, but lazier. At least to spray paint some one's house you have to get up off your fat *** and leave your bedroom. These freaks just sit there drinking red bull and eating ding dongs while they invent these uselss viruses that infect your computer, causing you nothing but grief.

Thank god for spy bot.

If any of you ever run into spyware or malware problems, just go to any search engine and type in spy bot. It's free to download and works like a dream. It has saved my computer countless trips to the computer shop to get debugged, which has in turn saved me much money.

It's actually called Spy Bot Search and Destroy, I use version 1.6.2, but just typing in Spy Bot will get you there.

Just thought I should share that with all y'all.

Sorry 'bout the rant but I spent FOREVER fixing my computer this morning. headdesk headwall
Back to top Go down
lintu
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
lintu

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:43 pm

That's exactly why the human race is worthless in my opinion. So sad. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:56 pm

http://therescue.invisiblechildren.com/en/#/watch/

That's a link to a video which, if you haven't seen it already, I encourage all you LCers to watch. It is such a moving thing to watch.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Well, I was just told that the next outage at work starts on October 10, a Saturday, and will run for 28 days. Which means, chances are, that I will be doing the ol' 7-day weeks, 12-hour days routine for those four weeks. Hey, at least that's better than 7 weeks, which is what I did before, right? And I certainly can use the money for Christmas and to help pay for my new car (and house repairs, and braces for both kids, and APICS classes...).

So, if you start seeing bizarre, incoherent rants here around the beginning of November (or sooner) don't be surprised. It will just be tired Paul Stockroomasaur venting his aggravation at the contractors who will be trampling all over his poor, peaceful stockroom.
Back to top Go down
lintu
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
lintu

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:11 am

Aw, don't worry... If it's 'public humiliation' I feel your pain. I'm a great example meself!
In july (Just moved to the Netherlands from Bulgaria) I went to some 'end of the year bbq ' to meet half of my new class. Guess what. I hadn't gotten sleep the night before and I looked like a zombie, wasn't thinking straight and fell down the stairs. Yay for introductions! headwall

I gots some 'in front of a public' advice... Either stare at your desk or the far side's wall... If something goes wrong turn it into a joke. Plus... Nothing to be stage frightened of... As long as they can't fill beer bottles with dirt and pelt you with them, nothing painful can happen. Yay?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Jane wrote:
So...
Life sucks.
I did my monologue from Twelfth Night (Laura, I couldn't find the monologue you mentioned anywhere, so I just asked my teacher for suggestions). Well, not really. I got up there, my entire body started shaking, and I couldn't remember my lines. In short, it was a complete repeat of last year's monologue fiasco. I was on the verge of tears. The bell rang before I could get two lines out, so I'm going to have to go through this whole thing again tomorrow. I am absolutely humiliated.

Tomorrow I'm going to redeem myself, hopefully. And if it doesn't work out, well, how much lower can I fall?

Think of it as a second chance to succeed, since the bell rang your first try. It's in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Jane wrote:
So...
Life sucks.
I did my monologue from Twelfth Night (Laura, I couldn't find the monologue you mentioned anywhere, so I just asked my teacher for suggestions). Well, not really. I got up there, my entire body started shaking, and I couldn't remember my lines. In short, it was a complete repeat of last year's monologue fiasco. I was on the verge of tears. The bell rang before I could get two lines out, so I'm going to have to go through this whole thing again tomorrow. I am absolutely humiliated.

Tomorrow I'm going to redeem myself, hopefully. And if it doesn't work out, well, how much lower can I fall?

The best of luck tomorrow. Know that we here at the LC are behind you, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Jane wrote:
So...
Life sucks.

Oh, Jane, I'm sorry. I know exactly how it feels to be that nervous. huuuug

Good luck tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 pm

So...
Life sucks.

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 am

Paul wrote:
Jane wrote:
Random, slightly urgent question: anybody know anything about the play Twelfth Night?

Sorry, that is one of Shakespeare's plays I am not overly familiar with. Can anybody else help out?

I wish I could, but I'm not familiar with it, either.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:33 am

Jane wrote:
Random, slightly urgent question: anybody know anything about the play Twelfth Night?

Sorry, that is one of Shakespeare's plays I am not overly familiar with. Can anybody else help out?
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Paul, if it's any help: I cried for a week when I gave up my first car.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 pm

WOW, a 2010 Toyota Corolla!!! Nice ride, Paul. Though I'm sure you'll miss your truck very much, be happy for you have such a cool car! bouncy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:50 pm

I have a new car. I am now driving around in a 2010 Toyota Corolla, which is a huge change from my 1995 Dodge Dakota pickup. I traded my old truck in last week for the Cash for Clunkers program here in the US. It broke my heart to get rid of my truck, but I had to do it. The transmission was going on it, the bearings for my front tires were going, the underneath was all rusted out, the air conditioning was shot, and the brakes were starting to wear. I got $4500 for it, as I went from a 15 mpg vehicle to a 26 mpg vehicle. The car is dark gray in color.

I had to do it, but damn I'm going to miss my pickup! Sad Crying or Very sad sniff
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

Sorry about you budgie. I had one die on me once. It was pretty sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Laura wrote:
Time for my mid-day rant.

My mother is driving me crazy. Three main problems:
1. menopause
2. lumbago
3. general depression

...and she is taking it all out on me. Just a reminder: My time is currently divided between rehearsals, caring for my dying budgie, and carrying heavy boxes to my new flat. I haven't slept properly for a week, I have a constant headache, and to make it all even better, it is terribly hot outside. I just want to be able to drink a cup of coffee in peace, and reading the freaking newspaper. She does not take my subtle hints, but loads more tasks onto my already bent shoulders, then sulks because I am not overwhelmed with joy. Then she goes ahead and does the grocery shopping herself, the perfect martyr, even though she is not supposed to carry things, only to prove to me how terrible a daughter I am.

I AM ONLY FREAKING HUMAN, damn it! headwall

Come here, Laura.

huuuug

You are only human. Squeeze in some time for yourself. And know there are people scattered throughout this world who support you and are proud to call you a friend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Time for my mid-day rant.

My mother is driving me crazy. Three main problems:
1. menopause
2. lumbago
3. general depression

...and she is taking it all out on me. Just a reminder: My time is currently divided between rehearsals, caring for my dying budgie, and carrying heavy boxes to my new flat. I haven't slept properly for a week, I have a constant headache, and to make it all even better, it is terribly hot outside. I just want to be able to drink a cup of coffee in peace, and reading the freaking newspaper. She does not take my subtle hints, but loads more tasks onto my already bent shoulders, then sulks because I am not overwhelmed with joy. Then she goes ahead and does the grocery shopping herself, the perfect martyr, even though she is not supposed to carry things, only to prove to me how terrible a daughter I am.

I AM ONLY FREAKING HUMAN, damn it! headwall
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 am

Allison, first off, congratulations on joining the play! I have a feeling you are going to have a lot of fun. Also, you won't have awful days like that every day. Although you may want to bring a stick of Glade air freshener to hang behind your chair for your sixth period class if that guy's flatulence becomes uncontrollable. Laughing

Now for a random question: that picture of yourself in your avatar, did you hold the camera out and take that yourself? It looks like your left arm might be extended. If you did, great job! (Why am I asking this question? Who knows? It is early in the morning and I am still half-asleep. lol! )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next