Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 am

Livia wrote:
I have an awful cold and a bad cough. *pauses for violent sneeze*. But otherwise I'm good. I'm writing a story concerning some private investigators/detective work. I really like researching my writing, but I don't want to do researching via fiction, for fear of sounding like someone else.
When you research your writing, where do you go?

With a little searching, you can probably find some good information on the Internet. I've recently begun to appreciate just how much information is out there. As I said, you may have to dig around a bit. You may not find what you are looking for right away. Right now I cannot think of a better resourse, short of finding an actual private investigator in your area and seeing if he/she is willing to answer some of your questions. Good luck and happy writing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 am

I have an awful cold and a bad cough. *pauses for violent sneeze*. But otherwise I'm good. I'm writing a story concerning some private investigators/detective work. I really like researching my writing, but I don't want to do researching via fiction, for fear of sounding like someone else.
When you research your writing, where do you go?
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Oh, I agree, Paul! The weather is too beautiful for words! Very Happy

I picked up Les Miserables from the library yesterday. You weren't kidding, Paul, when you said one must have a lot of free time for this book. You really need A LOT. Surprised The plastic bag which I used to carry my books actually ripped because of it.

In the recent months, I've found myself in a reading slump. I want to read so many books, but I find myself getting distracted by other things I want to do. And I end up finishing a book for as long as three months or more, which is really unusual for me. :\
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Hello, hello? How is everybody doing?

I hope all is well with every one of you. As for myself, I cannot complain. The weather in Rhode Island has been absolutely fantastic over the last couple of days. Sunny and near 70 F! Yay spring! cheers

I hope all of you enjoy the coming weekend. Take care! waving
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Grace wrote:
I've had a headache for four days (and counting). I've tried everything, fresh air, activity (i.e. cleaning), sleeping, drinking lots of water, and finally, Ibuprofen. Nothing helps. Any advice? Sad

It could be allergies. Do you have a history of allergies? Even though the weather might still be wintery, trees and plants are beginning to open up. I know. I'm susceptible to allergies. And it seems the older I get, the worse they are. Try anti-allergy medication. If that doesn't work, see a doctor. I hope you feel better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 pm

I've had a headache for four days (and counting). I've tried everything, fresh air, activity (i.e. cleaning), sleeping, drinking lots of water, and finally, Ibuprofen. Nothing helps. Any advice? Sad
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 am

Ah , I just came home after a fun sleepover with my friend . We were kids again for a while as we watched classic Disney movies (fuck Disney Channel) like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mulan I and II, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Lady and the Tramp and so so much more . The songs in the movies always give me goosebumps !! They are such good movies , and I feel so sad to see what young people are into these days . (Trash like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber; shoot me now)
*Sigh* I wish I was a kid again . Neutral
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:57 am

It's good to see you feeling better, Laura. You have gone from dreading the students to loving them. You will have your ups and downs, of course, but it looks like you are moving in a great direction. Have a great day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 am

I have my kids back! I'm back at school! Teaching again! Doing something instead of sitting on the sofa all day with heaps of books and hot tea! YAY!!!!

elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant

P.S. Turns out I actually like my eighth-graders... Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Well. As soon as I had done the update, it started to snow again. I am beginning to hate snow. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Very nice, Laura . Although it reminds me more of summer because of the orange color. ((: I can't believe winter's over ! I hope the temperature will go up in time . The cherry blossoms near my house are amazing ! =">
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Paul wrote:
Wow! Shocking orange! Wait a minute while I put these on... Cool

It is a nice, bright color that means that winter is coming to a close. Yay spring!

That's what I thought - I found the first snowdrops and crocuses today, so I felt it would be good to start with spring preparations Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Wow! Shocking orange! Wait a minute while I put these on... Cool

It is a nice, bright color that means that winter is coming to a close. Yay spring!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 am

Jane wrote:
So I've officially decided to major in linguistics. Now I just have to get into a college that offers this major. None in South Carolina do, of course, so it looks like I'll be going up north in a couple years. Or Stanford, if I miraculously got in. Other options include Georgetown (long shot), University of Maryland, and University of Pennsylvania.

Linguistics is a fascinating subject. I had a rough start with it, because I couldn't quite figure out what it was all about in the beginning, but then - somewhere in my third semester - I found some really fascinating aspects, such as forensic linguistics. Did you know that by the very wording of a witness's statement, you can see if it is verbatim or has been tampered with? I concentrated on global varieties of English and took quite a few classes in ethnic language varities and pidgins / creoles. Oh, and the whole "how are languages learned"-discussion, especially in the field of bilingualism. When I was in Australia, we had a look at the medical side of it, how the brain stores language etc. It was amazing!

I really think you've made a great choice, Ally.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 am

Great pictures, Louisa! Thank you for sharing. And congratulations to Canada for winning the Gold in hockey!

Jane, don't give up hope. I know you have to be realistic about certain things, but as long as you are able work toward what you want. Take advantage of the resources you have at school. Contact admissions officers at the colleges you are interested in and see what they would like to see you get involved in during your high school years. Also ask them about financial assistance. Perhaps they have ideas about a budget plan your folks can swing. Don't lose heart!!!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 am

Okay , here they are ! (:

The Olympic cauldron:
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur18

Leonardo da Vinci (my husband</3 LOL!) The Mechanics of Man (I saw replicas of The Last Supper and the Vitruvian Man) and his anatomy drawings:
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur21

Polar bear. (There was this HUGE screen and it changed every few seconds or so, and this was one of the images):
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur22

Giant Canada flag:
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur23

Guy playing the sax after hearing of Canada's hockey victory:
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur24

It's hella crazy in Downtown ! I was almost crushed in the crowd, haha:
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur25

Beautiful British Columbia:
Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Pictur26
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:23 am

Hey , guys ! Some of you probably already know , some of you may not , but today is the Closing Ceremony of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics ! (: Oh God , so sad to see it end .

I have absolutely wonderful pictures to show you all ! I'm currently uploading them ... : D
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:42 am

Lorena wrote:
I've been spending pretty much all my time on college preparation and research lately, and it's actually made things less clear to me. I really have no clue what I want to do with my life now, or even what I want to go to college for. I'm thinking comparative literature with a minor in linguistics, Spanish, English, or sociology. Maybe a double major. Then again, sometimes I think of scrapping it all and just becoming a psychiatrist.
In short, I'm a little lost, and under a lot of pressure from my current school.

Jane, you can start your letter with "To whom it may concern:" or just "Greetings:". That's what I was always taught.

I wanted to be a psychiatrist until I realized that would mean a career somewhat involved in science.....ew.
A minor in some some of language would be really smart, even if that's not what you want to do. Speaking another language helps with pretty much any job you apply for.
I came to another decision: I don't want to minor in education. I'm just not as interested in spending the rest of my life around hundreds of teenagers. I really want to work at an embassy somewhere oneday, so I think I'll minor in either foreign relations or political science. But again, my choices are limited. I can't afford/get accepted to anything that offers my dream career. sniff
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Have you ever walked into an elevator right smack in the middle of a fart-bomb of someone who has just walked out? That happened to me today. It was incredibly nasty. And I had to go up five floors with what seemed like the stench of raw sewage in my nostrils. It was terrible.

Don't ask me why I wrote this. Just bored, I guess. Razz It is all true, though.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:52 am

I've been spending pretty much all my time on college preparation and research lately, and it's actually made things less clear to me. I really have no clue what I want to do with my life now, or even what I want to go to college for. I'm thinking comparative literature with a minor in linguistics, Spanish, English, or sociology. Maybe a double major. Then again, sometimes I think of scrapping it all and just becoming a psychiatrist.
In short, I'm a little lost, and under a lot of pressure from my current school.

Jane, you can start your letter with "To whom it may concern:" or just "Greetings:". That's what I was always taught.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 pm

So I've officially decided to major in linguistics. Now I just have to get into a college that offers this major. None in South Carolina do, of course, so it looks like I'll be going up north in a couple years. Or Stanford, if I miraculously got in. Other options include Georgetown (long shot), University of Maryland, and University of Pennsylvania.

Also, does anyone know how to make an email seem extra professional? Especially the beginning. I can't say "dear so-and-so" because I'm writing to a shop, not a person. How do I begin?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 pm

I can't believe how quiet it is here. It feels like I'm walking through an empty house that has good memories in every corner. Life catches up to everyone, I suppose.

You know, if anyone wants to post something here, or anywhere, just to reflect, to clean out your thoughts, to vent, to say anything, feel free. No pressure. I don't know if we'll ever be what we once were, but over the last couple of years we've all meant something to one another. Even if you haven't posted here in a long time, if you wish to say something, leave a message for someone, please feel free to do so.

I will always consider you friends. Take care.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Spring...and summer...ah, yes, that wonderful chimera that seems so far away...

Sorry. I get this way every year about this time. Razz

Lilli, if you can do some tanning in February, then I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Katelyn Leclerq wrote:
I went tanning today. You may look aghast -- tanning in February?! But, yes, I did. It's been dreadfully cold, and today was the first sunny day in weeks. And it was blessedly sunshiny and warm for about 3 hours.

Vancouver's agreeing with me as well . For the whole winter season , it only snowed once . (During my one-year anniversary since I arrived in Canada; weird huh?) This whole week has been sunny and warm , it's hard to believe it's still wintertime ! I really can't wait for the spring , where I can actually ditch the jackets and boots .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:30 am

I went tanning today. You may look aghast -- tanning in February?! But, yes, I did. It's been dreadfully cold, and today was the first sunny day in weeks. And it was blessedly sunshiny and warm for about 3 hours. Such are the blessings of Taiwan.

Of course, because summer starts in Mid Feb and ends in Mid Nov I doubt I'll feel as fortunate as I do now when I'm blown away by the humid stickiness of August.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next