Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2009 Reading List

Go down 
+5
HayleeM
Jane
BeautyBlitz
Kelsey
Tourterelle
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

2009 Reading List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:25 am

Tourterelle wrote:
But if you're going to college in Canada, wouldn't you start in the Fall? Shocked

Zara and I just may have to kidnap you if you don't. lol!

Er—no. I'm not going to start college in Canada right away. The system in the Philippines is different with you guys. I'll probably be in Grade 12. I have to make up for another year.

That's why the colleges I passed in the Philippines are useless. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:28 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
But if you're going to college in Canada, wouldn't you start in the Fall? Shocked

Er—no. I'm not going to start college in Canada right away. The system in the Philippines is different with you guys. I'll probably be in Grade 12. I have to make up for another year.

Wait, what? *Nicholle is confused. Yes, Nicholle is tired. Yes, it's 2:27 in the morning. Yes, Nicholle is referring to herself in the third person*

You mean you'll be in grade 12 in high school, then start college later?
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:30 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Wait, what? *Nicholle is confused. Yes, Nicholle is tired. Yes, it's 2:27 in the morning. Yes, Nicholle is referring to herself in the third person*

You mean you'll be in grade 12 in high school, then start college later?

Haha! Maybe you should sleep. You've had a rough day filled with viruses and ant-virus softwares.

Exactly. *nods intelligently* lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:32 am

Mlarggggghhgha. *That was my moan of tiredness*

I'm going to hit the sack soon, I think. Not just yet. I didn't battle viruses for nothing! lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 am

Tourterelle wrote:

I'm going to hit the sack soon, I think. Not just yet. I didn't battle viruses for nothing! lol!

Well, I don`t have classes tomorrow. (Monday) I'll definitely be here! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Yay! clapping bouncy

I have Monday off too.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:41 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Yay! clapping bouncy

I have Monday off too.

Really? How come? Ours is because of Chinese New Year. It's an important occasion to my school, given that it's a Filipino-Chinese Catholic school.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Yay! clapping bouncy

I have Monday off too.

Really? How come? Ours is because of Chinese New Year. It's an important occasion to my school, given that it's a Filipino-Chinese Catholic school.

Well, I don't have off because of the Chinese New Year, but because it's the 1st semester's end; the teachers enter grades all day on Monday, and we get off! clapping
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:48 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Yay! clapping bouncy

I have Monday off too.

Well, I don't have off because of the Chinese New Year, but because it's the 1st semester's end; the teachers enter grades all day on Monday, and we get off! clapping

Oh, right, new semesters and such. I'll have to get used to American's school system. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 am

I've also added Fried Green Tomatoes, by Fannie Flagg and Goldfinger, by Ian Fleming to the list.

whistle
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:57 am

Tourterelle wrote:
I've also added Fried Green Tomatoes, by Fannie Flagg and Goldfinger, by Ian Fleming to the list.

whistle

Ahhh, Zara shall be pleased.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

whistle

lol! Who do you think recommended Goldfinger?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:00 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

whistle

Yeah, well, I betcha I was the Gone with the Wind influence, and it's the best!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:02 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

whistle

Mhmm, well, I have to read the books before I compare!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:05 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

whistle

You can't compare Gone with the Wind to Goldfinger, I'm pretty sure. Not that one is better than the other, it's just apples and oranges. One's a Civil War account of a selfish brat, the other a spy thriller.
But I do think that Gone with the Wind is great for reading if you're studying character development. Fabulous characters. Not a Sue in there, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:08 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

whistle

You can't compare Gone with the Wind to Goldfinger, I'm pretty sure. Not that one is better than the other, it's just apples and oranges. One's a Civil War account of a selfish brat, the other a spy thriller.
But I do think that Gone with the Wind is great for reading if you're studying character development. Fabulous characters. Not a Sue in there, in my opinion.

Sounds great.

Any book I've read that you can compare Gone with the Wind to?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:11 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

whistle

Sounds great.

Any book I've read that you can compare Gone with the Wind to?

There's not a book I've read that I can compare to it, but I'm limited in my reading. I can tell you this: It's obviously set around Civil War times, Victorian era Deep South, about how things that you think are set in stone can be gone with the wind, yet some things never change.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 am

Kelsey wrote:

There's not a book I've read that I can compare to it, but I'm limited in my reading. I can tell you this: It's obviously set around Civil War times, Victorian era Deep South, about how things that you think are set in stone can be gone with the wind, yet some things never change.

Okay.

I'll just wait and see for myself, then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:15 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Okay.

I bet you'll like it. Just remember to have patience. It took me forever to read (it's looong), and some parts are trying (for many reasons), but when you're done, it's great. If you finish it and decide you hate it, you have permission internet slap me.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:16 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Okay.

I bet you'll like it. Just remember to have patience. It took me forever to read (it's looong), and some parts are trying (for many reasons), but when you're done, it's great. If you finish it and decide you hate it, you have permission internet slap me.

Can do. *salutes*
Back to top Go down
caring carer
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
caring carer

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:39 pm

I have read my 12th one today. here's my list

Children of Men by PD James
Wide Sargassa Sea by Jean Rhys
Dissolution by C J Sansom
Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women by Nancy Madore - Beware! Adult content!
The Gospel of the Second Coming by Freke and Gandy
The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
Fish out of Water by MaryJanice Davidson
Morrigans Cross - Nora Roberts
Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts
Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
Folly by Alan Titchmarsh

I am averaging a book a night shift at the miniute!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:47 pm

caring carer wrote:
I have read my 12th one today. here's my list

Children of Men by PD James
Wide Sargassa Sea by Jean Rhys
Dissolution by C J Sansom
Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women by Nancy Madore - Beware! Adult content!
The Gospel of the Second Coming by Freke and Gandy
The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
Fish out of Water by MaryJanice Davidson
Morrigans Cross - Nora Roberts
Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts
Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
Folly by Alan Titchmarsh

I am averaging a book a night shift at the miniute!

12th?? I have finished... two. "Mao's Last Dancer" by Li Cunxin, and "The Empress of Weehawken" by Irene Dische. (And I've also reread the first three Harry Potter Books and "Sense and Sensibility", but those don't count since I've already read them multiple times.)
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 pm

(Updates).

Along with this list of books I want to read, I'm making a list of the books I do read in 2009.

I've never make a Books Read list before, and I kind of like doing it. There's that extra little motivation to get a book read, so I can add it to my list.

Does anyone else keep lists like this?
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Tourterelle wrote:

Yup, it's kept in my blog, and I update it whenever I have an addition, so the people following my blog can see the list and see if they have anything they want to read, too. It's in my Multiply, not Blogspot.
Back to top Go down
caring carer
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
caring carer

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:14 am

Louisa Selene wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Yup, it's kept in my blog, and I update it whenever I have an addition, so the people following my blog can see the list and see if they have anything they want to read, too. It's in my Multiply, not Blogspot.

I have a list on goodreads.com and have read over twenty books so far this year now. I love goodreads! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Reading List   2009 Reading List - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 Reading List
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next