Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The most random things in the world

Go down 
+5
denizenofevil
Laura
Louisa
BeautyBlitz
Zara Mikazuki
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

The most random things in the world Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Guess who should have read this quote! Go on guess who should have read this before publishing a certain vampire novel. "There are no such things as marble kisses or ice kisses..." -- Jane Eyre

Damn. The name is slipping my mind. Just give me a few seconds to think...
...Which is ironic, considering that said author claimed that Jane Eyre was a main source of inspiration for said book.

Now, I'm assuming that quote refers to St. John Rivers, since he was so passionless, compared to Edward Rochester.

Yes, it does refer to St. John. And yes, it is VERY ironic that Jane Eyre was "inspiration" for that author to whom the quote was aimed by me.

lol! You guys are funny! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:02 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Guess who should have read this quote! Go on guess who should have read this before publishing a certain vampire novel. "There are no such things as marble kisses or ice kisses..." -- Jane Eyre

...Which is ironic, considering that said author claimed that Jane Eyre was a main source of inspiration for said book.

Now, I'm assuming that quote refers to St. John Rivers, since he was so passionless, compared to Edward Rochester.

Yes, it does refer to St. John. And yes, it is VERY ironic that Jane Eyre was "inspiration" for that author to whom the quote was aimed by me.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:51 am

Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:54 am

Kelsey wrote:

Ummm, ummm, wait, hang on, I can guess this one...!!!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 am

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
I'm pretty good at history and science, but I'm not super-interested in either. I think I want to do something with languages, so I might teach English. I might teach advanced English in high school or teach English in Spain to those who want it as a second language, but I think that would limit me too much, so I think I'd rather teach advanced English.
Though, for me, politics is always an option. It's not what I want to do, necessarily, but it might be something I need to do.
All I know is that when I wake up in the morning, I don't want to dread the day ahead.

Ah...politics. I've never really been much of a leader, just a coordinator. I'd be a good adviser or secretary, but President, Governor, or the like...eh...not really. Politics seems so depressing nowadays...though I'm sure you'd make a much better politican than the majority of those today.

Advanced English, though hard, is lots of fun. I can see my teacher with quite a workload, but she really has fun. It looks like a really fun career, if you are passionate enough about it...

It would be fun to do an English class.
Politics are nasty, nasty things. Especially American politics. If current circumstances remain, I can be elected in 2032, and I'll be nearly 39 years old. And I expect your votes! You know I'd make a great president!

Of course we would vote for you, future Madame President!

I expect bribes, though. Laughing

Mmmhmm, that's a great way to start! Being corrupt to get elected won't have any negative effects.

No, it won't. As far as I know, it's common practice...

That's why I'd make a good president. I eat Common Practice for breakfast, and it's got great nutritional value. Grrr!

I'm sold. You have my vote....assuming that there is a little *something* involved.

That made me lol! !

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:11 am

Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
I'm pretty good at history and science, but I'm not super-interested in either. I think I want to do something with languages, so I might teach English. I might teach advanced English in high school or teach English in Spain to those who want it as a second language, but I think that would limit me too much, so I think I'd rather teach advanced English.
Though, for me, politics is always an option. It's not what I want to do, necessarily, but it might be something I need to do.
All I know is that when I wake up in the morning, I don't want to dread the day ahead.

Ah...politics. I've never really been much of a leader, just a coordinator. I'd be a good adviser or secretary, but President, Governor, or the like...eh...not really. Politics seems so depressing nowadays...though I'm sure you'd make a much better politican than the majority of those today.

Advanced English, though hard, is lots of fun. I can see my teacher with quite a workload, but she really has fun. It looks like a really fun career, if you are passionate enough about it...

Politics are nasty, nasty things. Especially American politics. If current circumstances remain, I can be elected in 2032, and I'll be nearly 39 years old. And I expect your votes! You know I'd make a great president!

Mmmhmm, that's a great way to start! Being corrupt to get elected won't have any negative effects.

That's why I'd make a good president. I eat Common Practice for breakfast, and it's got great nutritional value. Grrr!

I'm sold. You have my vote....assuming that there is a little *something* involved.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:48 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 am

Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 am

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:24 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Here we go...off track again. It's a good thing that this thread is called "The Most Random Things in the World.

I just got assigned a senior thesis in English today. What I find especially difficult is that I can write about anything. So...I decided that I want to write about loneliness and its psychological effects on the male protagonists of Crime and Punishment, The Great Gatsby, and Jane Eyre. They all go crazy in different ways...

I've only got 1 month to write this up...

1 month isn't terrible, but the worst part will probably be actually getting yourself to do it. I know when I have a huge deadline like that, I put it off until the last second.

See...normally, I'd also put it off to the last second, but I'm going to try and change that this time around. I really want to do a good job, since it counts for 4 test grades in this marking period.

The paper is so in depth and complicated. I have to reread Jane Eyre (the fun part), then go research criticisms, psychology books, etc. I'm so terrified...English isn't exactly my best subject.

Oh God, that doesn't sound like fun. I hate in-depth projects and all that research.

woooork

Ugh...last year, I needed to write a thesis for my US History class. Everybody else worked in pairs, but because I was the "new person in town", I worked by myself. I ended writing about the advances of feminism after the 19th Amendment (women's suffrage). It took me FOREVER to find the three specific authors I needed, their biographies, their works, criticisms, and non-printed information. I badly procrastinated on that project. Yet, a few days after I turned it in, my teacher walked into my calculus classroom and told me that my paper was the best one he'd ever read in his career and that his department had read in several years. It caught me by surprise. I should have published it, like they told me I could, but I got lazy...sucks for me.

That's awesome, Zara. You should have published it.

Why can't you now?

I still might, but I've got a lot on my plate now. I should have published before I sent out college applications. That would have been impressive...I could have gotten in at MIT early (instead of getting defered to the regular round...grrr). College applications suck...I'm glad that they end with this Thursday...

I can't relate; I obviously haven't sent any in. I don't even know which college I'm going to attend yet, although it probably will be a UW school.

What's your top choice?

I don't have a top choice--I'm rather indecisive. I've applied to:

1. University of Texas at Austin
2. Texas A&M University
3. Rice University
4. Washington University in St. Louis
5. Northwestern University
6. Harvard College (for kicks, though it would be awesome if I got in)
7. MIT (same as Harvard. I got defered to the second round...let's see what happens)
8. Yale (Ditto...though I have a Yale interview this Sunday)

So I've applied all over the spectrum. Well, when it comes time to apply, seriously don't procrastinate. It completely killed me. All of my friends warned me about this, but I didn't heed their advice.

UW is a great college system. I remember you mentioning that you wanted an English major and a French minor...is that still true? Is there a certain career path you'd like to follow?

That would be awesome if you did go to Harvard! I know for a fact I couldn't get in. Laughing

You're majoring in Mathematics of some sort, right?

My plan for an English major and a French minor still holds true. The only issue is, I'm not sure what I want to do with either. I've always wanted to write, but that doesn't work as a solid career; I've been considering becoming a copy editor, though, for a publishing house, magazine, or etc. I did a project informing people about that career a few months ago, and we had to find some places that were hiring. American Girl magazine (located in Madison or Milwaukee, I think) was hiring, and that sounded amazing.

I might go to UW Stevens Point...

I wanted to double major in some math/science combination, then minor in Spanish. It sounds like a heavy load, but I have a lot of AP classes to balance it out, so that it only takes 4-ish years. At some places, I'm doing biomedical engineering and chemistry, and at other places, I'm doing biology and mathematics. But, regardless, I wanted some kind of humanities minor, and Spanish seemed perfect. There are so many practical applications (esp. if I go into the medical field).

Oh, God. Math and science are my weakest points. Excuse me, but: yuck! lol!

I suppose they both do have practical uses, but I'm just pathetic with both. I live in the world of imagination, not facts.

On the subject of AP classes; I think I'm taking AP English next year. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:21 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Here we go...off track again. It's a good thing that this thread is called "The Most Random Things in the World.

I just got assigned a senior thesis in English today. What I find especially difficult is that I can write about anything. So...I decided that I want to write about loneliness and its psychological effects on the male protagonists of Crime and Punishment, The Great Gatsby, and Jane Eyre. They all go crazy in different ways...

1 month isn't terrible, but the worst part will probably be actually getting yourself to do it. I know when I have a huge deadline like that, I put it off until the last second.

See...normally, I'd also put it off to the last second, but I'm going to try and change that this time around. I really want to do a good job, since it counts for 4 test grades in this marking period.

The paper is so in depth and complicated. I have to reread Jane Eyre (the fun part), then go research criticisms, psychology books, etc. I'm so terrified...English isn't exactly my best subject.

Oh God, that doesn't sound like fun. I hate in-depth projects and all that research.

woooork

Ugh...last year, I needed to write a thesis for my US History class. Everybody else worked in pairs, but because I was the "new person in town", I worked by myself. I ended writing about the advances of feminism after the 19th Amendment (women's suffrage). It took me FOREVER to find the three specific authors I needed, their biographies, their works, criticisms, and non-printed information. I badly procrastinated on that project. Yet, a few days after I turned it in, my teacher walked into my calculus classroom and told me that my paper was the best one he'd ever read in his career and that his department had read in several years. It caught me by surprise. I should have published it, like they told me I could, but I got lazy...sucks for me.

Why can't you now?

I still might, but I've got a lot on my plate now. I should have published before I sent out college applications. That would have been impressive...I could have gotten in at MIT early (instead of getting defered to the regular round...grrr). College applications suck...I'm glad that they end with this Thursday...

I can't relate; I obviously haven't sent any in. I don't even know which college I'm going to attend yet, although it probably will be a UW school.

What's your top choice?

2. Texas A&M University
3. Rice University
7. MIT (same as Harvard. I got defered to the second round...let's see what happens)

So I've applied all over the spectrum. Well, when it comes time to apply, seriously don't procrastinate. It completely killed me. All of my friends warned me about this, but I didn't heed their advice.

UW is a great college system. I remember you mentioning that you wanted an English major and a French minor...is that still true? Is there a certain career path you'd like to follow?

That would be awesome if you did go to Harvard! I know for a fact I couldn't get in. Laughing

My plan for an English major and a French minor still holds true. The only issue is, I'm not sure what I want to do with either. I've always wanted to write, but that doesn't work as a solid career; I've been considering becoming a copy editor, though, for a publishing house, magazine, or etc. I did a project informing people about that career a few months ago, and we had to find some places that were hiring. American Girl magazine (located in Madison or Milwaukee, I think) was hiring, and that sounded amazing.

I wanted to double major in some math/science combination, then minor in Spanish. It sounds like a heavy load, but I have a lot of AP classes to balance it out, so that it only takes 4-ish years. At some places, I'm doing biomedical engineering and chemistry, and at other places, I'm doing biology and mathematics. But, regardless, I wanted some kind of humanities minor, and Spanish seemed perfect. There are so many practical applications (esp. if I go into the medical field).
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:17 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork

Why can't you now?

What's your top choice?

2. Texas A&M University
3. Rice University

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork

Why can't you now?

What's your top choice?

2. Texas A&M University
3. Rice University

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:03 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork

Why can't you now?

What's your top choice?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork

Why can't you now?

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:58 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork

Why can't you now?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

woooork
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:42 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
YES!!!

I'm finally a master. "Master Zara"...I like the way it sounds...

Congrats! clapping bouncy victory elephant banana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most random things in the world   The most random things in the world Empty

Back to top Go down

The most random things in the world
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next