Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:16 am

Hello all. I've missed you!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Premiere night is behind me. All went fine, everyone had a great time & we have reason to believe that the critiques will be fine, too.

However, my complication turns out to be even more complicated than I thought. Oh well. Life would be quite boring if it were too easy, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:26 pm

I hear you, Ben, about the computer problems. Right now *Paul knocks on wood* my computer is behaving, but it is old and cranky, and once it gets into a mood... Mad

Sleep is a wonderful thing, Laura. When I was your age I tried to get away with as little sleep as possible, but now I try to squeeze in extra hours of nap time whenever I can...which, distressingly, is not often.

Another Sunday. Another afternoon of watching American football when there are so many other things I should be doing. Yay laziness! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Paul wrote:
It's been a bit slow around here lately, eh? Unfortunately, I've been busy as hell. I hope everyone is doing well! Very Happy

I am well. At least, in the few minutes in which I am not a) at school, b) on stage or c) trying to survive on five hours of sleep a night.

I'm off to sleepiland now...
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey Paul. Yeah I've been a little busy myself lately. That plus MORE computer problems have prevented me from visiting as much as I'd like. pc

I hope all is well. starwars no reason for the Star Wars thing, I just felt like using it LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 pm

It's been a bit slow around here lately, eh? Unfortunately, I've been busy as hell. I hope everyone is doing well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 am

That's a beautiful-looking spot, Ben. That house looks perfect to dream, read, and write in.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Both your home towns look great. I must admit I am too embarrassed to show mine since it is a virtual ghost town. But I will show you my favourite spot which isn't too far away Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 am

Paul, your hometown looks really beautiful in that picture. Very much like the ideal New England town, as far as the European idea of it goes.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 am

And, by the way, this is my home town.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Laura wrote:
Not having the best of times. We're premiering in ten days, and all my free time is eaten up by rehearsals, stage design and bickering.

The fact that things are... complicated between a member of the crew and me doesn't exactly make it easier.

By the way, that's a glimpse of my home town in the avatar Smile

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going smooth for you right now, Laura. It seems like everyone is on edge with the pressure of the coming premiere. Hopefully everything will work out just fine, including your complication.

Your home town is beautiful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Not having the best of times. We're premiering in ten days, and all my free time is eaten up by rehearsals, stage design and bickering.

The fact that things are... complicated between a member of the crew and me doesn't exactly make it easier.

By the way, that's a glimpse of my home town in the avatar Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 am

Flounders are awesome. THat is all.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Laura wrote:
I'm not a crossopterygian. My dad kindly informed me. He did state, however, that I am, apparently, still some sort of bony fish. Please excuse me while I go find some Arielle-esque outfit.

I actually had to look up "crossopterygian". Now I know what it is. teacher

I know what kind of fish I am. I am a flounder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI lol!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm not a crossopterygian. My dad kindly informed me. He did state, however, that I am, apparently, still some sort of bony fish. Please excuse me while I go find some Arielle-esque outfit.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Well. He found "Final Exits" by Michael Largo, "Winne-The-Pooh" by Milne, "The Complete William Shakespeare" and several volumes of "ALF" all in the same shelf. I suppose I am a bit strange.

Also, I think I should tidy up my shelves some time.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Laura wrote:
By the way, I have just had my book shelves examined by a friend. He stated that I must be even more screwed up than he had suspected so far. Is that a compliment? Suspect

I'd take it as one. What the hell. Scanning my own bookshelves, I see a pretty eclectic selection. I have everything from "The Ocean World" by Jacques Cousteau to "Magick In Theory and Practice" by Aleister Crowley, and everything conceivable in between. Then again, I've been collecting these books for more than thirty years. I have found most of them to be invaluable research guides for much of my written work.

So you're in good company, Laura! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Laura wrote:
By the way, I have just had my book shelves examined by a friend. He stated that I must be even more screwed up than he had suspected so far. Is that a compliment? Suspect

My brother says that the government must have me on some kind of potential threat list going by the books on my shelf. Guerrilla Warfare by Che Guevara, The Art of War by Sun Tzu, Nazi literature in the Americas by Roberto Bolano. Come to think of it; There has been a white van parked outside my house for a few days now. Should I be worried hahaha.

Who wants to be normal anyway, pfft!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Just spent the entire evening trying to rehearse Shakespeare. Failed miserably. Head too full with other things. Oh well - premiere night is still three weeks away, I'm sure we'll be fine by then.

I hope.

Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Paul wrote:
I just came back from my yearly physical with my doctor. Apparently my blood pressure has gone up. And now, so has the dose of my high blood pressure medication. Don't get old. Evil or Very Mad

Okay Paul, I promise not to get old Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Laura wrote:
Paul wrote:
I just came back from my yearly physical with my doctor. Apparently my blood pressure has gone up. And now, so has the dose of my high blood pressure medication. Don't get old. Evil or Very Mad

Why? Just because then we'll get our drugs on prescription? Very Happy

And all the aches and pains and lack of energy and stamina that go with it. Those don't need a prescription. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Paul wrote:

Why? Just because then we'll get our drugs on prescription? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 am

On a humorous note - school was canceled today (and I did a happy dance) because of weather forecasting a 'typhoon'. (Which are very very common around here, so nothing out of order) I'm sitting inside a cafe enjoying the sunshine which is streaming in. Blue skies, small, fluffy clouds ... Yeaaaaaaaah. cheers cheers cheers This comes from a school who doesn't do anything except to blame you for coming in late in freezing winter storms where everyone yells at you for opening the door. My school does know how to pick the days.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Well, it seems I have gotten through the hurricane. It really wasn't all that bad; once it got up here, it was downgraded to a *mere* tropical storm. We got a good bit of rain, a few mid-sized branches came down in my yard (though not the trees themselves, at least not yet, thankfully), and the power flickered on and off a few times, but never really went out. So, all in all, I guess I came through it all right. Thank you for the well wishes to get me through that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next