Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:16 pm

*just popping in for a major sneeze*

HAAAAAAAAAAA-TSCHUMM!!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Nicholle wrote:
Did you know that the word "dinosaur" comes from the Greek words "deinos" and "sauros," meaning "fearfully great lizard"?

My new agenda planner told me so. It thinks "wacky words" can make up for the fact that I'll be back in school in a few weeks.

At least you've got a few weeks, as well as an amazingly informative planner. I start back wednesday. No planner. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Nicholle wrote:
Paul wrote:
Nicholle wrote:
Did you know that the word "dinosaur" comes from the Greek words "deinos" and "sauros," meaning "fearfully great lizard"?

My new agenda planner told me so. It thinks "wacky words" can make up for the fact that I'll be back in school in a few weeks.

You mean it doesn't? lol!

Nope. Nothing will make up for that.

"Strange Science" says that every person sheds about four pounds of skin in his or her lifetime. Huh.

I imagine if you have a lot of dandruff you can shed that every two or three days. Yes, I know, I'm awful. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Paul wrote:
Nicholle wrote:

Nope. Nothing will make up for that.

"Strange Science" says that every person sheds about four pounds of skin in his or her lifetime. Huh.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Nicholle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Well, I picked up my schedule for school today and took my pictures. The person taking my picture was sneaky and took a picture when I laughed, so I hope to God that that doesn't end up as my school picture. Please.

As for my schedule, the best thing is I have gym last hour in second semester. That's going to be great.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 am

Zara Mikazuki Tsuruga wrote:
I have a few minutes now, so here I am. I'm going crazy with packing for college, getting those icky wisdom teeth pulled out (which hurt), getting an infection right after that, and my driver's license which I FINALLY GOT!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

I'm leaving for UT on August 22, which is a bit terrifying, but I have a whole lot to look forward to as well!

It's unbelievable. I started this thread back in February for the heck of it and it's already at 70 pages this August. Wow. Very Happy

Congrats on that license, Zara! I know you're still a bit uneasy behind the wheel, but you will get used to it, I promise.

You'll be fine at UT. This is a huge leap for you, but you have what it takes to make it a success. Enjoy!

It's great seeing you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Rhea wrote:
Is this a new WIO? function I see at the bottom of the screen?
I might have to pick a name that starts with "A" so I can be in front of everyone else.

Indeed, it must be. I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Zara Mikazuki Tsuruga wrote:
I have a few minutes now, so here I am. I'm going crazy with packing for college, getting those icky wisdom teeth pulled out (which hurt), getting an infection right after that, and my driver's license which I FINALLY GOT!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

I'm leaving for UT on August 22, which is a bit terrifying, but I have a whole lot to look forward to as well!

It's unbelievable. I started this thread back in February for the heck of it and it's already at 70 pages this August. Wow. Very Happy

Congrats on the license! cheers About UT: It'll be awkward the first three days, and then it'll become routine stuff. No problem at all, you'll be fine! fishy

Rhea wrote:
I might have to pick a name that starts with "A" so I can be in front of everyone else.

Yes, it is brows
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:30 am

Queen Rhodantia wrote:
Rhea wrote:
Nothing like getting your chest checked out by the creepy drunk guys sitting near you on the beach. Creepers.

What's even worse is having drunk men (and sometimes women) tell you how pretty you are. sick

Or having your ass grabbed in the bar by a person you don't even know.

Or being called filthy names because you refuse to go to a hotel with a guy you barely know.

Or having your boyfriend's drunk BEST FRIEND tell you how wonderful you are and hit on you 52 different ways.

Yep...I been there...done that...having a creepy drunk guy stare at my boobs is no big deal now.

I think I can beat that. My father's uncle (about eighty) used to stare at my chest when talking to me. That would be fine in itself, but the thing is... he died when I was thirteen.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 am

Rhea wrote:
Nothing like getting your chest checked out by the creepy drunk guys sitting near you on the beach. Creepers.

What's even worse is having drunk men (and sometimes women) tell you how pretty you are. sick

Or having your ass grabbed in the bar by a person you don't even know.

Or being called filthy names because you refuse to go to a hotel with a guy you barely know.

Or having your boyfriend's drunk BEST FRIEND tell you how wonderful you are and hit on you 52 different ways.

Yep...I been there...done that...having a creepy drunk guy stare at my boobs is no big deal now.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Ah, you gotta love a certain vendor of the company I work for, who shall remain nameless but who I have ranted about in the past. The plant needed a sensor probe which they provide. This probe has an incredible lead time of 196 days (a lead time is the time between the placement of the order and the delivery of the item). 196 days is 28 weeks, more than half a year. This is why we usually carry a safety stock of at least two of this item. Unfortunately, there has been a problem with some of our units and this safety stock has been used up, and we needed another one ASAP. We have four on order, which are not due to come in until February of 2010. I called Purchasing to ask the vendor if they could expedite one of the four. The vendor said sure, no problem, they would even send it FedEx overnite...for a 30% markup. This is a $1000 item, already sitting on a shelf somewhere, and it cost us an additional $300 to get it here now. Otherwise it is a 196-day wait. Go figure.

I'm in the wrong line of work.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:50 am

Nicholle wrote:
Allison wrote:

That's my new little baby!

He's adorable! One of my cats has the same tuft of white on her chest, too.

At the right angle, the white fur on his neck looks like a beard. Thus the name Albus.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:13 pm

Hey, nice cat. Does he have a sibling that likes to chase squirrels?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:20 pm

Allison wrote:

He's adorable! One of my cats has the same tuft of white on her chest, too.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Rhea wrote:
Allison wrote:
I get my class schedule tomorrow. I feel sick. I don't want to end up alone in my classes, and especially at lunch. It's stupid, but I'm seriously worried. Where did summer go, anyway?

I know. All my friends switched out of the hard class we were all taking because of the summer work. They freaked out once they realized that it's a hard class, and a lot of them quit. So I don't know where my friends will all be this semester.
Lunch is the part I'm most worried about. I hate trying to find my friends' table alone. It freaks me out.
But hey, at least we're not freshmen this year!

The first few hours of the day are going to drive me insane. Here are my morning classes: Algebra 2 Honors, AP World History, Chemistry Honors, Biology Honors. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

At least I figured out that I have lunch with my best friend. That will make things a whole lot easier. No awkward first day wondering where to sit.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 Img_4710

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:57 am

Allison wrote:
I get my class schedule tomorrow. I feel sick. I don't want to end up alone in my classes, and especially at lunch. It's stupid, but I'm seriously worried. Where did summer go, anyway?

I know. All my friends switched out of the hard class we were all taking because of the summer work. They freaked out once they realized that it's a hard class, and a lot of them quit. So I don't know where my friends will all be this semester.
Lunch is the part I'm most worried about. I hate trying to find my friends' table alone. It freaks me out.
But hey, at least we're not freshmen this year!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:55 am

Allison wrote:
I got a kitty! Oh, he's so cute. And the best part -- I convinced my family to name him Albus.

Aw! What does he look like?

By the way, I'm nervous about getting my schedule, too. I even have pictures on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 am

Rhea wrote:
Nicholle wrote:

How is a guest viewing Writing Challenges?

They really can't as far as I can tell. Even if you Google it, I don't think you can find it. And you can't search for any of the challenges while signed in as a guest, though you can as a member. And you can't copy and paste a URL in the Writing section as a guest; it requests your log in.
So, it must have been either a fluke or a bot (sometimes they're recognized as guests instead of bots, as we've observed), unless we have some serious hacker guests.

You're probably right, about it being a bot.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next