Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Damn. I hate being here alone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:13 am

Well, that was a fun 12-hour day everyday since Saturday work week. And I may have to go in tomorrow, as well. Time for a little shut-eye. Happy 11/11/11 everyone! bounce

-------

https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=998
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:02 pm

I celebrated Guy Fawkes Night last night; there is nothing quite like burning the effigy of a catholic to bring the family together. It is a strange custom that gets more and more sinister as I mature. Fortunately I am a man and we don’t mature too much.
lol!

My niece loved the fireworks. She is only 18 months old and now knows where the moon is, next up; The Cassiopeia and Andromeda constellations. We’ll make a stargazer out of her yet. Laughing

I hope everyone is well. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:29 pm

For those of you who have to do this, don't forget to set your clocks back one hour tonight.

I just got out of work. I have to work tomorrow as well. At least I'll get an extra hour's sleep... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey, nice Twister dress. I had no idea those were made.

I haven't played Twister in about thirty years. If I tried now I wouldn't just be sore, I would be hospitalized. Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Happy Halloween!   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 am

Damn. I hate being here alone. Pictur12

Who else used to play Twister? It's an awesome game, though I just wish my body didn't become sore afterwards!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Well, I'm working 10-hour days this weekend, next week, and possibly the weekend after that. Oh, joy. tongue
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Louisa wrote:
Hello, loves. How is everyone? It's been a while.

Yes, it has. It is so good to see you again, Louisa. You have been missed! I hope you don't wait another eight months before you come back on! Very Happy huuuug
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 am

Ohoho, I was actually 86 until yesterday.

October was a busy month for me for me as well but I am getting by. We all do somehow. Smile
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 am

It's great to see you again, Louisa.
Actually, October was way TOO long for me, but that's only because I spent the majority of the month cramming for probably the most important exam of my life (so far). That was on the 20th. Sooner or later, at some arbitrary date, I will begin to study for next year's exams. But for now, I'm just taking some time to pursue things that interest me.

Of course, I'm also looking for extra teaching jobs. Once I find enough, I'll probably begin to study....

I must have missed you 80th birthday...
:p
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:22 am

Hello, loves. How is everyone? It's been a while.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Lillian wrote:
I am cutting myself off from the internet semi-permanently (unless I need to upload schoolwork, in which case, my neighbor will usually decide that's the opportune moment to shut it off) because I can't get anything done when it's there. The internet opens up a huge host of extra obligations and necessities and things that I can't deal with because of my workload, so I'll be away for a bit.
Just so you guys know. I hope to be back on here soon, when things cool down for a bit. (Look for Thanksgiving and Xmas break!)

.... and that's my 1000th post! WHEEEE! Very Happy

We'll miss you, Lilli, but we understand you need to take care of your workload. And we look forward to you coming back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 am

I am cutting myself off from the internet semi-permanently (unless I need to upload schoolwork, in which case, my neighbor will usually decide that's the opportune moment to shut it off) because I can't get anything done when it's there. The internet opens up a huge host of extra obligations and necessities and things that I can't deal with because of my workload, so I'll be away for a bit.
Just so you guys know. I hope to be back on here soon, when things cool down for a bit. (Look for Thanksgiving and Xmas break!)

.... and that's my 1000th post! WHEEEE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Paul wrote:
Ben wrote:
My first sunday off in months and I intend to enjoy it to the full. A nice beef roast and then maybe read 'An occurance at Owl Creek Bridge' I managed to download it from Project Gutenberg for the Kindle. FREE!!! Very Happy

"An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" is one of my absolute favorite short stories. Any movie or story that has a "twist ending" owes a dept of gratitude to this Ambrose Bierce work.

I remember you suggesting Bierce a few weeks back. I finally got round to reading “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” on Sunday; Thanks Paul, I really enjoyed this piece, it was right up my street Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Ben wrote:
My first sunday off in months and I intend to enjoy it to the full. A nice beef roast and then maybe read 'An occurance at Owl Creek Bridge' I managed to download it from Project Gutenberg for the Kindle. FREE!!! Very Happy

"An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" is one of my absolute favorite short stories. Any movie or story that has a "twist ending" owes a dept of gratitude to this Ambrose Bierce work.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:45 am

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Lillian wrote:
I feel like I deserve a medal for not collapsing this week into a self-imposed coma and/or killing everyone I know. It's been that kind of week, and the weekend looks to be one filled with consciously not committing ritual suicide due to the amount of homework. I can't understand why my grades aren't better, because the amount of suffering I am doing ought to be making SOME sort of impact.

Yes, that's what I learned from last year. Stress+pain+suffering=good grades. I clearly need to be committed. cyclops cyclops cyclops

*Paul gives Lilli a medal*

It's good to hear you're not a murderer yet, Lilli. Though I fully understand how work overload can tempt you to become one. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 am

I feel like I deserve a medal for not collapsing this week into a self-imposed coma and/or killing everyone I know. It's been that kind of week, and the weekend looks to be one filled with consciously not committing ritual suicide due to the amount of homework. I can't understand why my grades aren't better, because the amount of suffering I am doing ought to be making SOME sort of impact.

Yes, that's what I learned from last year. Stress+pain+suffering=good grades. I clearly need to be committed. cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Well, I finally broke down and got myself a snow blower. After years of breaking my back and risking a heart attack shoveling snow, I figured it was time.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Apparently Random House posted this ad on its Facebook page. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time:

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7lI01oxOkBIAeHRXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1ZmZsMDJsBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWTAxNF8xODE-/SIG=14h5o0rhg/EXP=1317881524/**http%3a//shelf-life.ew.com/2011/09/21/a-book-commits-suicide-every-time-you-watch-jersey-shore-do-you-read-high-brow-watch-low/
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 am

I've been busy studying, although I will have more time to visit this site and read (hopefully) after my exam on October 20th. I do hope to work more after that, and continue studying just to keep myself occupied until I get into university (next year).

I agree, Paul. Life is way too hectic nowadays. A boring life means that I would have the time to read every novel I've ever wanted to, and that can't be bad. Wink
God, I feel old. Time to hit the nightclubs textbook notes and dance study late. cup

Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Paul wrote:
Well, my youngest son wants to teach me how to "duel" with Yu-Gi-Oh playing cards. I told him I would attempt to learn today. This should be interesting. Ah, parenthood. lol!

I hope you let him win, Paul. Smile

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Well, my youngest son wants to teach me how to "duel" with Yu-Gi-Oh playing cards. I told him I would attempt to learn today. This should be interesting. Ah, parenthood. lol!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Jen wrote:
Hello all. I've missed you!

And we've missed you too! huuuug It's great to see you back!

I'm glad the premiere went well, Laura. And I hope the complication un-complicates itself. At my age a boring life is a happy one.

Here's a hug for you too, Lilli: huuuug You are one of the most intelligent and capable people I know, and I know you will come through your mid-terms with the proverbial flying colors!

Sometimes I work Sundays too, Ben. Fortunately for me those don't come around too often. I hope you get a pay differential for working Sunday hours!

Take care, all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 am

Jen wrote:
Hello all. I've missed you!

aww we've missed you too Jen Very Happy Nice to see you here again.

I'm glad everything went okay, Laura. I'm sure everyone had a great time.

I wouldn't know what a Lazy Sunday is Paul, I have to work Sundays sniff But I am off work today and tomorrow cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 am

Hey Jen! What's up?

Going a wee bit Crazeee with all the work I have on my plate. October 10th is a national holiday here, though, but first I have to get through midterms. *gulps*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next