Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.

Go down 
+2
Kelsey
Laura
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Exams that are given after Christmas break is stressing. I prefer they give it before the break so the students don't have to worry their pretty little heads off.

That makes more sense to me too, because then Christmas break is like a celebration AND a vacation.

You're telling me. I've had standardized tests and exams hanging over my head since before Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Exams that are given after Christmas break is stressing. I prefer they give it before the break so the students don't have to worry their pretty little heads off.

That makes more sense to me too, because then Christmas break is like a celebration AND a vacation.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Jane wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

I found out that my finals were moved to Thursday. I have a schedule now.

Well, that's good. You even have two days to study, now. noidea

I'll look things over tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm just worried that I'm going to miss the first day of two of my new classes!

Nah, it should be okay. They've probably adapted their lessons to fit the tests people have to take, so I'm sure you won't miss much.

I hope so. It would make sense for them to have planned for this. I'm not even sure if people not taking the exams are even coming to school Thursday. The email was vague.

You haven't had exams yet? That's going to be fun....

I was supposed to have them last Thursday and Friday, but only my Thursday ones got taken due to freezing temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

I'll look things over tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm just worried that I'm going to miss the first day of two of my new classes!

Nah, it should be okay. They've probably adapted their lessons to fit the tests people have to take, so I'm sure you won't miss much.

I hope so. It would make sense for them to have planned for this. I'm not even sure if people not taking the exams are even coming to school Thursday. The email was vague.

You haven't had exams yet? That's going to be fun....
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
I agree with Solveig. You guys are hilarious. That's why I love going on here and spending every minute of it at LC. If I could, I would spend the rest of the day burning my butt by sitting on this chair and typing away like a mad woman. Damn these priorities.

Wow, January is almost through. February = FINAL exams! *bites nails*

Aw, thanks! I was surprised! But my teacher was very kind, y'know. She gave bonus points so there will be less failing marks.

Oh God, me too. I would love to glue my butt to this chair and waste away to nothing, typing furiously and laughing like a maniac. Granted, I would need food breaks, but still... lol!

Yikes, final exams! I don't have them actually; just semester tests, which we only started this year. They're not so bad, and I'm done with all of them. I don't think we have final exams/end of the year exams, fortunately.

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
I agree with Solveig. You guys are hilarious. That's why I love going on here and spending every minute of it at LC. If I could, I would spend the rest of the day burning my butt by sitting on this chair and typing away like a mad woman. Damn these priorities.

Aw, thanks! I was surprised! But my teacher was very kind, y'know. She gave bonus points so there will be less failing marks.

Oh God, me too. I would love to glue my butt to this chair and waste away to nothing, typing furiously and laughing like a maniac. Granted, I would need food breaks, but still... lol!

Yikes, final exams! I don't have them actually; just semester tests, which we only started this year. They're not so bad, and I'm done with all of them. I don't think we have final exams/end of the year exams, fortunately.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:48 pm

laughbig

Nicholle, Zara, Jane - you've made my day. Loony bin alright. A perfect example of creative writing gone awry lolsign

Louisa, congrats on passing Chinese! I knew you'd do it!! head
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:42 am

I'm absolutely beaming tonight. Not only because I passed my test, but for other reasons that even I can't explain.

My prediction came true. I knew you people would rack up 40 pages in the procrastination thread. I just knew it.

I'm gone for a good [estimated] ten hours, and I see a new 6 pages thread. Wow.

Thursday is almost near, so I can definitely hang out here more! The teacher made a deal with us that if we passed the Chinese History test tomorrow, she won't give us homework!!! So wish us luck! I, for one, am very ready. I already tested everything that needs to be tested.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 am

Kelsey wrote:
I've used up my three hours for the day, so now I'm going to go eat cookies or drink something. Bye, everyone.

Adios, chica! waving
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 am

'Bye. waving
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 am

I've used up my three hours for the day, so now I'm going to go eat cookies or drink something. Bye, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:55 am

I'm back and procrastinating (again).

And no. Nicholle, that light beam I shot at you was an ultra-focused beam. It isn't my fault that the machine malfunctioned. It IS a villain's machine. Perhaps Bond rigged it or something. noidea

But we are back to the old drawing board. In the insane asylum. *Zara points revolver at Nicholle. Again.*
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
I've got a few who didn't join. Mainly the older crowd. They wouldn't be happy here anyway, I don't think.

Vet, Reader, etc?

I wouldn't think so either.

Yeah, they chose not to come. That's fine. We all could have handled this site's beginnings better, I think, and they're not an exception.

No, definitely not. Age and wisdom don't exempt anything or anyone.

LC's beginning was a bit rocky, but we're good now.

Pretty much.
Mainly what I worried about is who I was really with and if I wanted my name to go on the same list as theirs. It seemed like I had to choose between several groups, and I chose one. But then things changed and I kind of divided myself up. Many parties gained my respect, and several people lost some of my respect throughout the process, though they are slowly gaining it back.

Although the truce was kind of silly (as was the Twilight bashing here), people shouldn't have given up on this site. Other people shouldn't have posted the Outhouse thing, too. Seemed a bit hypocritical.

Do you consider me among the number who is "gaining back your respect" or was it never lost in the first place?

I gained back my respect for you a day or two after you came back here. I thought it was silly you left, considering it had only been a few days, and this website was still improving.

It was not silly that I left. Don't think I didn't think about it for a while before I did, or that I didn't talk to several people and considered all options-- clear, incredibly overdramatic options-- before I did. I did what I saw fit for the time, and I believe that it was an informed, well thought-out decision, if not a good one-- but most important of all, the decision was made.
Nobody needs to know who lost my respect and who is gaining it, because that would only cause problems. (However I will say that it is nearly impossible to lose my respect completely.) I don't want to know who I offended or who praised my decision. It's done, and I'm pretty glad that it is. Maybe one day we can laugh about it, but that day is not today for me.
I'm on fair terms with nearly everyone and I'd like to keep it that way, so I believe it best we move on to lighter subjects. After all, this is a thread about paper-cuts and asylums.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:26 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
I've got a few who didn't join. Mainly the older crowd. They wouldn't be happy here anyway, I don't think.

Vet, Reader, etc?

Yeah, they chose not to come. That's fine. We all could have handled this site's beginnings better, I think, and they're not an exception.

Pretty much.
Mainly what I worried about is who I was really with and if I wanted my name to go on the same list as theirs. It seemed like I had to choose between several groups, and I chose one. But then things changed and I kind of divided myself up. Many parties gained my respect, and several people lost some of my respect throughout the process, though they are slowly gaining it back.

Do you consider me among the number who is "gaining back your respect" or was it never lost in the first place?

I gained back my respect for you a day or two after you came back here. I thought it was wrong you left, considering it had only been a few days and this website was still improving.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Vet, Reader, etc?

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Vet, Reader, etc?

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

Vet, Reader, etc?

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:45 am

Kelsey wrote:

Vet, Reader, etc?

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:45 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.   Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Paper cuts. How I hate paper cuts.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next