Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn. I hate being here alone.

Go down 
+14
Jen
Eden
denizenofevil
Magda
lintu
March Hare
Zara Mikazuki
Laura
BeautyBlitz
Tourterelle
Louisa
Jane
Paul
Kelsey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:08 am

Ah , Vancouver 2010 Men's Free Skating was amazing . Evan Lysaceck was really great out there ! Plushenko's still my favorite , even though he's an egocentric douche , haha .
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 am

I'm going to school tomorrow (as of right now, one hour late). I've only been to school one half-day this month due to snow about a week and a half ago. At first it was fun, but needless to say we're all going a little bit crazy by this point.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 pm

I've just spent an hour in the bathtub in an effort to get warm. It worked for about two minutes. I am freezing again.

When will this stupid winter be over?! Seriously. I'll have to move to Africa, or some other place where I'll never ever feel cold.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Grace wrote:
Paul - seriously, that cannot possibly be legal!

Oh, yes, it can be. 12 hours a day for 7 days is 84 hours. Yet, as much as I may complain, I knew I would be doing this on occasion coming into this job. And, truth be told, this job is much better than many other jobs I have had. I work alone, which is a blessing, and I have time to come on here now and then. This coming week should be a straight 40 hours, then I have another couple of big-hour weeks after that. Then I should be good until November. As tiring as this can be, it is better than unemployment, which I have experienced twice over the last two years.

I hope everyone has a great day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Jane wrote:
Oh, and I got tickets to see a musical called Spring Awakening for an early birthday present. It's about German teens coming of age and having to learn about sex because their parents refuse to tell them anything, so this should be interesting. Anyone heard of it?

I'll assume this is based on the play by Frank Wedekind... I never thought this would make good material for a musical, but it might work. It is a good play, but very frustrating sometimes. I saw an adaptation of it when I was around sixteen, and all the time I wanted to stand up and yell, "For God's sake, woman, grow up!!" foulmouth But, now that I think about it, maturity isn't a trait I see in many musical characters...
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 pm

I saw Wicked last weekend and it was beyond amazing! I liked it better than the Phantom. Now I want to read the books. Anyone know if they're good?

Oh, and I got tickets to see a musical called Spring Awakening for an early birthday present. It's about German teens coming of age and having to learn about sex because their parents refuse to tell them anything, so this should be interesting. Anyone heard of it?

AND I'm going to Washington DC in 2 weeks. Very Happy Finally I get to take a break. I've barely had a second to breathe since...since....I can't even remember. Finally! An end to the constant nervous breakdowns!!!

Not that the stress won't start building up again soon. I have to get a job to raise the $2000 I need to go on the Italy field trip next year. I also get to sign up for next school year's classes...it looks like I'll be taking 4 AP classes to keep my GPA up. That's over half a day of college-level courses, every day. I'm already freaking out over it.

But yeah, March is my month of relaxation and rewards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I could cry I'm so excited. Hope you all have been doing well lately, too!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Paul - seriously, that cannot possibly be legal!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:33 pm

am...sick...of...working...84...hour...weeks
am...sick...of...working...84...hour...weeks..........
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:13 pm

I honestly don't know what to feel about the Winter Olympics. Everyone seems so excited, but that's because I haven't been here that long so I don't carry much patriotic feelings. Some who might be new here could be as excited as the citizens, but God, the Olympics is going to bankrupt us. I seriously hope not.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 pm

I'm going just a little stir crazy on work right now. Hopefully today is my last 12-hour day...until the weekend of Feb. 27th, when another unit goes into a minor outage and I have another week of this. Ah, well. After that, I should have regular hours until November.

In the meantime I just continue to have riveting conversations with all the imaginary co-workers I have created. geek lol!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Paul wrote:
Grace wrote:
Paul wrote:
Now they know you're not going to take their crap, Laura. Although I will say that, once some time has passed and they feel comfortable, they may start acting up again. As long as you stay on top of that and let them know they could be punished again it shouldn't get out of hand again.

Welcome to the world of teaching, Laura. Something tells me there will be more rewards than aggravations, so take heart. I love you

So much for miracles. One of the four has been suspended once again, plus a good load of detention.

I like students. I like students. I like students.

But I could just kill this particular one.

There are always a few you will never be able to reach. You can do only so much.

Are you sure you can't bring a chainsaw into class? Razz

Yeah. I asked about that... and if not a chainsaw, could I at least tie him to his chair and put some sort of gag in his mouth? (I couldn't, but the vice headmaster appreciated my originality Wink)
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Grace wrote:
Paul wrote:
Now they know you're not going to take their crap, Laura. Although I will say that, once some time has passed and they feel comfortable, they may start acting up again. As long as you stay on top of that and let them know they could be punished again it shouldn't get out of hand again.

Welcome to the world of teaching, Laura. Something tells me there will be more rewards than aggravations, so take heart. I love you

So much for miracles. One of the four has been suspended once again, plus a good load of detention.

There are always a few you will never be able to reach. You can do only so much.

Are you sure you can't bring a chainsaw into class? Razz
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Paul wrote:

Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am

Well, see....now I've gone and made an ass of myself for it was only after I posted this that I heard that some vehicles actually have sped up due to the sticking gas pedal.....crap....
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Paul wrote:
Grace wrote:
I've heard about this Toyota business - thankfully, my car is a Renault. I'd hate to hear that my brakes are flawed, I mean, the brakes of all things! I hope they'll fix your car quickly, Paul!

Actually, it's not the brakes that are at fault with my model (faulty brakes are with the Prius), but the gas pedal. Supposedly it has a tendency to stick, so the car does not slow down, and sometimes even accelerates. If this happens it is recommended that you brake and put it in neutral (shutting off the engine kills the power steering), then guide it to the side of the road. Of course, if you are doing 65 mph down the highway that might be a tad bit difficult Razz .

Actually Paul, the pedal does stick, causing a lack of decelleration, but it does not make the car go any faster. I've been watching all this Toyota stuff on tv and on the net. It doesn't make you speed up...you just can't slow down. And the braking problems with the Prius only happen at lower speeds.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 am

Paul wrote:
Howl wrote:
I LOVE the mornings of weekends! I'm all about coffee and writing, and the time alone is the best. Very Happy

Later today, I'm practicing driving and going to a friend's house. Road test on March 16th! My dad is under the impression I'm not going to pass, but I'll just have to prove him wrong. Razz

If you're ever in Wisconsin, I would advise staying off of the streets.

Of course you'll pass your road test!

*News item: Wisconsin, March 17: An unidentified teen, after passing her road test and getting her license on March 16, was seen barreling down the main north/south highway in speeds of excess of 100 mph, yelling out of an open window "Yaaaahhh! Get outta my way, you slowpokes! Yaaaaahhh!!!"*

Go get 'em, Nicholle! Cool

*laughing tears* I can just see that!!!

This morning, a miracle happened. I went to school with a vague feeling of dread - today was the day I'd get the students back I had suspended before the holidays. And, unbelievably, they were not only not rude, but almost polite! I mean, they even WORKED! Shocked

I figured out that maybe I like students after all. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Howl wrote:
I LOVE the mornings of weekends! I'm all about coffee and writing, and the time alone is the best. Very Happy

Later today, I'm practicing driving and going to a friend's house. Road test on March 16th! My dad is under the impression I'm not going to pass, but I'll just have to prove him wrong. Razz

Of course you'll pass your road test!

*News item: Wisconsin, March 17: An unidentified teen, after passing her road test and getting her license on March 16, was seen barreling down the main north/south highway in speeds of excess of 100 mph, yelling out of an open window "Yaaaahhh! Get outta my way, you slowpokes! Yaaaaahhh!!!"*

Go get 'em, Nicholle! Cool
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Grace wrote:
I've heard about this Toyota business - thankfully, my car is a Renault. I'd hate to hear that my brakes are flawed, I mean, the brakes of all things! I hope they'll fix your car quickly, Paul!

Actually, it's not the brakes that are at fault with my model (faulty brakes are with the Prius), but the gas pedal. Supposedly it has a tendency to stick, so the car does not slow down, and sometimes even accelerates. If this happens it is recommended that you brake and put it in neutral (shutting off the engine kills the power steering), then guide it to the side of the road. Of course, if you are doing 65 mph down the highway that might be a tad bit difficult Razz .
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 am

My Toyota Corolla is part of that wonderful recall. I have not brought it in yet. So far I have experienced no problems, but I figure when I bring it in for its first oil change I will (hopefully) get this accelerator pedal thing taken care of. Supposedly a tiny piece of metal will solve this problem. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Kudos to another great-looking skin! The Christmas one, while nice, was just a month or so out of date. Razz

I have 12-hour days coming up again Mad . But, it will only be for a week or so (or so I'm told, anyway).

I wish a very good day to all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Oh my gosh! I thought I went to the wrong site, but turns out Laura just gave the LC another amazing makeover. It's wonderful! So winter-y and blue. I love the girl holding the gift, she's blue from head to toe. Vancouver barely has any snow, which is fine by me since I don't like snow, but snow is lovely when you're watching it from your window or virtually. Razz
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Where is everyone? sniff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Damn. I hate being here alone. - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next