Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, tell me about your day.

Go down 
+5
Laura
Kelsey
Zara Mikazuki
Magda
Tourterelle
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:41 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Can I grumble now? Pretty please?

The right bow broke off and they have to wait for a replacement to come in; until then, I stuck wearing glasses with tape on the side, like an idiot. If I don't wear them, I'm blind as a bat. I have to come within an inch of my paper to read it. Rolling Eyes

I apologize. I laughed Embarassed

sniff Oh my God, so mean...!

Oooh, I'm sorry!! huuuug But the image... the mental image of it!! *stifles giggle*
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Solveig wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

The right bow broke off and they have to wait for a replacement to come in; until then, I stuck wearing glasses with tape on the side, like an idiot. If I don't wear them, I'm blind as a bat. I have to come within an inch of my paper to read it. Rolling Eyes

sniff Oh my God, so mean...!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Tourterelle wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 pm

God DAMMIT.

My glasses just broke. I'm going to the eye doctor's- see you guys in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
I love my Mother in Law. She's the only inlaw that I do sincerely like. The rest I basically pretend to like so I don't hurt my husbands feelings. Except for our sister in law she's a blankety blank blank. lol!

My current "sister in law" (you know, the Kermit-shirt) is actually quite nice, compared to the idiots he brought home before that...
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 pm

I love my Mother in Law. She's the only inlaw that I do sincerely like. The rest I basically pretend to like so I don't hurt my husbands feelings. Except for our sister in law she's a blankety blank blank. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:33 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Yesterday was good. My son finally cut his first tooth and he figured out how to go forward. He's been crawling for a while but he always went backwards!!! lol!

Had dinner with my Mother in law, which is now a weekly ritual and I really like it. Also, my husband always insists that he cooks dinner for her so it gets me out of cooking! Can't complain about that. Until he burns my pork chop, which happened last night Sad

That's adorable! ...It means he'll be an individual thinker. Wink

Hm, strange, thrilled about the MiL... Laughing
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Yesterday was good. My son finally cut his first tooth and he figured out how to go forward. He's been crawling for a while but he always went backwards!!! lol!

Had dinner with my Mother in law, which is now a weekly ritual and I really like it. Also, my husband always insists that he cooks dinner for her so it gets me out of cooking! Can't complain about that. Until he burns my pork chop, which happened last night Sad
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Magda wrote:
I'm an optimistic pessimist. I hope for the best and expect the worst, but make the best out of it. Just like Puddleglum from Narnia!

That is a nice way of putting it. I'm only pessimistic towards myself--I'm optimistic towards everybody else. I kind of feel like a different person when I'm by myself, if you see what I mean...

Well. I've had an average day - teaching, grocery shopping, two hours of this fantabulous new thriller I found in the bookshelves of my mum. Oh, and now I'm tidying up... technically.

Zara, I think I know how you feel. For a couple of months now, I've had the feeling that my life is completely out of control, that I have no influence on anything that happens to me, and that my work is piling up, and no matter what I do, I won't be able to manage it. I know I am a control freak, and I know that I'll manage it somehow, and that it isn't the end of the world if I don't, but still.

To cut a long story short, I've made an appointment with my doctor. She's been trying to send me to the psychiatrist for some time now, and I guess it is time. (No, I'm not crazy. I simply need help.)

The nice part is, I told my best friend about it, and all she said was "Finally!" Humpf.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:56 am

Magda wrote:
I'm an optimistic pessimist. I hope for the best and expect the worst, but make the best out of it. Just like Puddleglum from Narnia!

That is a nice way of putting it. I'm only pessimistic towards myself--I'm optimistic towards everybody else. I kind of feel like a different person when I'm by myself, if you see what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:55 am

Magda wrote:
greenface I love Puddleglum. He always has the best lines. And his soliloquy at the end of The Silver Chair was just beautiful.

I love Puddleglum. He's always so negative that it's funny, but not too much. He's very dignified as far as Marshwiggles go.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 am

I missed the bus, but it was okay; my mom took me. I got a bunch of Spanish piled on me, even though exams are Thursday and we should review rather than learn new material, if you ask me. I went to the eye doctor for a contact check-up because last time I went I got new contacts. Then I had a band concert, which I just got home from, and we sucked a little bit, but not too bad. That's it.
Now I think I'll eat a doughnut and try to relax.
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:40 am

greenface I love Puddleglum. He always has the best lines. And his soliloquy at the end of The Silver Chair was just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 am

Magda wrote:

Puddleglum! Laughing

He's a respectabiggle, you know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 am

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:21 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
My life sucks at the current moment. Some of my classes are boring, and others are ridiculously hard. I have that killer paper and physics is destroying me at the moment. Electricity and Magnetism is ridiculously hard...I can't believe I'm taking it. I'm really tired (I averaged maybe 14 hours a night during the winter break). But, emotionally, I'm just dandy--stress is nothing unusual...

Hopefully, your stress goes down a bit soon; your college applications are done so that's a load off, right?

I guess. You are an optimist, right? I've usually taken a pessimistic attitude towards my life, and it seems to spare me from disappointment. Since my expectations are low, I'm not disappointed if I do badly--just extremely excited if I do well.

Truthfully, I don't know if I'm an optimist or a pessimist. I try to be optimistic for others. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:20 am

Magda wrote:
Len Cariou is on the Original Broadway Cast Soundtrack.
George Hearn is another wonderful Sweeney. He's on the 1982 DVD and the 2001 Sweeney Todd in Concert DVD.

I haven't rambled about Sweeney Todd in such a long time...too busy rambling about Phantom.

Embarassed Phantom's another one of my bad points; I've only seen the movie!

From what you said of the musical, though, I would love to see it that way.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:17 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
My life sucks at the current moment. Some of my classes are boring, and others are ridiculously hard. I have that killer paper and physics is destroying me at the moment. Electricity and Magnetism is ridiculously hard...I can't believe I'm taking it. I'm really tired (I averaged maybe 14 hours a night during the winter break). But, emotionally, I'm just dandy--stress is nothing unusual...

Hopefully, your stress goes down a bit soon; your college applications are done so that's a load off, right?

I guess. You are an optimist, right? I've usually taken a pessimistic attitude towards my life, and it seems to spare me from disappointment. Since my expectations are low, I'm not disappointed if I do badly--just extremely excited if I do well.
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:15 am

Len Cariou is on the Original Broadway Cast Soundtrack.
George Hearn is another wonderful Sweeney. He's on the 1982 DVD and the 2001 Sweeney Todd in Concert DVD.

I haven't rambled about Sweeney Todd in such a long time...too busy rambling about Phantom.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:11 am

Magda wrote:
My day? Not bad. I had self-scheduling today. I got all the good teachers, though I didn't pay much attention to the order of the classes, and realized that I'll have to be lugging books around considerably more than I did this semester). After that I sat at home, read, listened to music, etc. I heard the OBC of Sweeney Todd. Len Cariou is now officially my favorite Sweeney. Beautiful voice, wonderful acting, and quite insane. His Epiphany is pretty darn scary. love

Okay, I have to admit, I've only seen Johnny as Sweeney. Where's Len Cariou from?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:06 am

Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:02 am

My day? Not bad. I had self-scheduling today. I got all the good teachers, though I didn't pay much attention to the order of the classes, and realized that I'll have to be lugging books around considerably more than I did this semester). After that I sat at home, read, listened to music, etc. I heard the OBC of Sweeney Todd. Len Cariou is now officially my favorite Sweeney. Beautiful voice, wonderful acting, and quite insane. His Epiphany is pretty darn scary. love
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:51 pm

This isn't the official music video, but I couldn't embed that here, so...

This song makes me cry. sniff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, tell me about your day.   So, tell me about your day. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, tell me about your day.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: