Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seen any good movies lately?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Seen any good movies lately? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately?   Seen any good movies lately? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:25 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Steve Carell? Hot? lol!

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'll admit he did look better with a beard than shaven.

I loved Little Miss Sunshine.

Ugh, I hate my taste in guys. Steve Carell is normal compared to other crushes of mine. Alan Rickman and Ian McKellen are among the weirdest. Oh, and my geography teacher's uncle. It's even creepier than it sounds. He's 47 and he looks kind of like a hobo, but what can I say? Embarassed . I think it's the beards....I love a good beard.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately?   Seen any good movies lately? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:21 am

Steve Carell? Hot? lol!

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'll admit he did look better with a beard than shaven.

I loved Little Miss Sunshine.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately?   Seen any good movies lately? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:18 am

Ooh....on a side note, Steve Carell looks hot with a beard. love
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Seen any good movies lately?   Seen any good movies lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm kind of bored, so instead of studying for tomorrow's midterm I'm getting ready to watch the Golden Globes. I'm a huge movie buff, and I always watch this, the Critic's Choice awards, and the Academy Awards.

Anyway, that got me wondering what movies you all have seen this year nd what you thought about them. You all have such great taste in books...does the same hold true for your taste in movies?

For my part, I saw three movies this year that I thought were absolutely fantastic. Tropic Thunder (one of the funniest movies ever! Not to mention Robert Downey Jr was in it), Iron Man (also with Robert Downey Jr), and The Dark Knight. I saw one movie that I wanted to shoot myself in the head for paying to watch, and that was The Unborn. Other movies I saw were...The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Hulk, Hancock, Kung Fu Panda, and Yes Man.

I also discovered films that had come out in past years. Hotel Rwanda, Pay It Forward, Little Miss Sunshine, Chaplin (yet another Robert Downey movie), The Phantom of the Opera, and Singin' in the Rain were all beyond amazing.

So what do you all see this past year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately?   Seen any good movies lately? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies lately?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2