Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weird Letter Pattern

Go down 
+2
Kelsey
BeautyBlitz
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
I never took calculus for fear my brain would spontaneously combust.

I should like to see that... lol!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:05 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
I was okay with math until they put letters in my numbers. Since then I haven't understood a thing. confused

I'm trying to remember when they started doing that...algebra, I think. Wow. I think I did that when I was in third grade. Everybody in my family is either a math, chem, physics, bio, law, or business major. So while I was growing up, my parents put ridiculous emphasis on math and science--so much that I ended up doing calculus as a 15 year old...

Oddly enough, I was really into music. I've been singing since I was a kindergartener and playing the flute since I was in fourth grade. I LOVE classical music. Especially Mozart--it's all orderly and straight-on-the-beat music. But some of the flute music out there... affraid . So scary with all the crazy technicalities. I don't know how some people make it sound so easy. Well, that's talent for you...
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:05 pm

I think it would be neat to play the guitar.

I have a friend who plays, and he also writes his own music. sunny
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:02 pm

I was great with any subject that didn't have numbers. History, English, English Literature even Biology. I am (kind of) musically inclined as I do dabble in guitar and was in choir for 3 years in high school. I by no means call myself a musician, I just dabble. alien
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm extremely poor with math and science-related subjects, although I somehow manage in both classes. Also, I do well in history-related subjects, as it just seems like memorization and nothing more to me. English is my best subject; it's always been like that. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and I'm not particularly good at music. I used to play the flute, but I was terrible!

I'm considering majoring in English (with a minor in French) and becoming an editor, but I'm not sure of anything yet.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:59 pm

I never took calculus for fear my brain would spontaneously combust.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Kelsey wrote:
I [i]ABHOR[/i] math with every fiber of my being. I've never understood a single word (outside of Geometry) yet I'm in the highest class level my school offers. I don't think I should have to take it if I don't understand it, yet they make me because somehow, I am advanced in something I cannot comprehend. My dad says I only hate it because it's something that I'm not magically good at, but I think it's just because I hate math. I'm also really good at science, but I don't like it. I'm pretty good at English, but I'm not great at it and I just do it for fun. History and civics are my best subjects, but I find history somewhat boring sometimes and politics disgust me, yet I'd make a good president. I love music, but it too often frustrates me.
I'm still trying to figure myself out. Every time I think I am something, I am the opposite. It's very frustrating.

I know exactly what you mean. This was me and US History. I hate, hate, HATE history, yet I managed to do so well in the class and the corresponding AP exam. Trust me. It's possible to hate a subject, but be good at it. It also used to be me and English (sorry to offend y'all), but within the last 2 years, my animosity has calmed down a lot. Now, I genuinely like the class--just not as much as advanced calculus, for say.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:55 pm

I was okay with math until they put letters in my numbers. Since then I haven't understood a thing. confused
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:52 pm

I ABHOR math with every fiber of my being. I've never understood a single word (outside of Geometry) yet I'm in the highest class level my school offers. I don't think I should have to take it if I don't understand it, yet they make me because somehow, I am advanced in something I cannot comprehend. My dad says I only hate it because it's something that I'm not magically good at, but I think it's just because I hate math. I'm also really good at science, but I don't like it. I'm pretty good at English, but I'm not great at it and I just do it for fun. History and civics are my best subjects, but I find history somewhat boring sometimes and politics disgust me, yet I'd make a good president. I love music, but it too often frustrates me.
I'm still trying to figure myself out. Every time I think I am something, I am the opposite. It's very frustrating.

Last edited by Kelsey on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeah. It's physically impossible. I completed a mathematical proof--it's impossible.

Wow. I must be very bored if I had the time to work out a proof...must stop procrastinating...

(if you didn't realize yet, I plan on doing a double major in chemical engineering and biology. I'm probably going to do a minor in advanced mathematics. Yet, I love reading--thus I'm on this forum. Are there any other non-language related "people" out there, or am I the only one?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 pm

Haha, right after I posted, I realized I was wrong. I had to go, so I only had time to put "Sorry!" and I forgot there was an "edit" button. My mistake!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:57 am

Christ on crackers, that's amazing! And lol! to Kelsey! I give up, BeautyBlitz! pc
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 7:24 am

Kelsey wrote:
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." "Thirty-four." "Ten." That's three. I win!

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." has Thirty four letters, which has Ten letters, which has Three letters, which has Five letters, which has Four letters.

Try again. I love you
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:29 pm

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:27 pm

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." "Thirty-four." "Ten." That's three. I win!
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:41 pm

I yoinked this out of Y!A from someone on words and wordplay...thought it was really interesting.

Weird letter pattern?
Have you noticed that no matter what word you use, if you count how many letters it has, and then count how many letters THAT word has, and so on, it will always end up as four? For example:

"please" has "six" letters which has "three" letters which has "five" letters which has "four" letters. Thats as far as you can go cause "four" has four letters and it cant go any further. See what i mean? Again!

"I" has "one" letter which has "three" letters which has "five" letters which has four. Again!
"Mississippi" has "eleven" letters which has " six" letters which has "three" letters which has "five" letters which has four.

You see!? No matter what word you use it always comes down to four. Don't beleive me? Try to prove me wrong! You wont be able to.
If you have also seen this pattern, do you know whats its called?
If you havnet realized it yet then i just gave you something huge to ponder about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Letter Pattern   Weird Letter Pattern - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird Letter Pattern
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2