Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books you'll never read.

Go down 
+11
Magda
Kelsey
Jane
xenophi1ia
lintu
March Hare
Louisa
Tourterelle
BeautyBlitz
Paul
Laura
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Books you'll never read. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Paul wrote:
Actually, I enjoyed War and Peace a great deal. It had some of the best characters I have ever run across. For me, it was only when Tolstoy meandered on his historical and sociological soapbox, which he did periodically near the end, that the story lost cohesion for me.

Well - I think I might read it again one day, but I'll need a glossary to figure out all the characters. I mean, every soap opera is less complicated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Just Like That
Just Like That

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:57 am

Hey Very Happy

Anne of ... - I tried Anne of Green Gables, and simply not my taste. So, never, will I pick any of the Anne of --- books

~ JLT
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 am

1984-- I will probably never read that book.
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 am

What a pity...I loved it Wink.

Last edited by March Hare on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:24 am

March Hare wrote:
What a pity...I loved it Wink.
I read the first half of Little Women when I was younger. I don't hate it viciously, but I won't read it.

It's only because I hated Animal Farm.
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:54 am

Hmmm...If you hated the writing style in Animal Farm, then you may dislike 1984. Although the genres are completely different, and could even be by different authors, Orwell continues to use simple language. This actually makes the novel more (in my opinion) beautiful. 1984 is more of a 'normal' novel. Animal Farm is what he termed 'a modern fairy tale'.
End of lecture/rant. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books you'll never read.   Books you'll never read. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Books you'll never read.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3