Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LuthienT's arrived ...

Go down 
+5
Goldfish
Medusa
Laura
Tourterelle
BeautyBlitz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 am

Hey Guardian, Goldfish and Kelsey ... is there any way we can get Persi here? hmmm ... or the Vet or Azriel?
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:56 am

LuthienT wrote:
Hey Guardian, Goldfish and Kelsey ... is there any way we can get Persi here? hmmm ... or the Vet or Azriel?

We could invite them. Don't they all allow email?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:58 am

That would be nice, to have Persi, the Vet, and Azriel here.

I would love to have any one of them critique the part of my story I posted here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:00 am

Has anyone invited ck1?
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:04 am

I've invited Persi. I'll invite the others, if you all want?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:07 am

Go ahead, Goldfish. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:08 am

Hey LuthienT,
I'm so happy you chose to join us here. There are so many of us Y!A people here. We'll have a blast, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:15 am

All right, they have all been invited! Very Happy I do hope they'll join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:19 am

I'll second the invitation to Persi. Something tells me she doesn't check her Y! mail as often. Why do I feel we'll stay here and leave the Y!A suckers to their fate? Will we? This place seems so much KOOLER!!
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 am

Yes, I feel the same way--about Persi not checking her Y! mail and about Y!A. This place is much, much cooler. I can't get off! Shocked I should be doing something else, but my procrastinating side and the side that enjoys being here tremendously, won't allow me to get off.

I'm stuck!! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:24 am

Me too. I'm supposed to be doing school and writing a couple of people ... but this place is OPIATE!!
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:33 am

I'm supposed to be writing my story and doing homework. *sighs* Maybe later.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:36 am

Homework. What a joke. I'm the ultimate procrastinator-one who has written a publishable paper on the history of feminism (no joke. The entire history department at my school read it and LOVED it) in 6 DAYS (research and all) even though I was given a solid 6 MONTHS.

Statistics? No way. Microeconomics? Ha ha ha. Physics? They wish.

Procrastinator for LIFE!
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:42 am

I do have a ton of homework. It's mostly reading this 500+ page book they've sent me for History. It's awful! When I saw the size, this was my reaction: pale I'm halfway through, though. I'm making it. Just keep on trucking... They do make me read it from page one to the very last page. I had Biology awhile back--one text-book and a guide that was about 200 pages. I had to read those from page one to the last page, as well.

I am a procrastinator for life!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:50 am

Ugh...although reading is one of my most favorite things to do, it is sometimes a bane.

When I read books that I LOVE, then I really get into it, enjoy it, and remember it. Conversely, when I get something to read that I absolutely despise, it is a real struggle to get through it all. I always get distracted and go places (well, this is a new "place" for me). I can never concentrate and I end up doing not so well on assessments that test the reading material.

Yay! Fellow procrastinator for life...
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 am

Yes! Exactly, you understand! cheers When I first received the book, I told my mom I would go crazy and that I couldn't do it. Her response? "Why not? You've read bigger books! You can finish that one, too."

My reaction: Suspect "Yeah. Right. But those books were fiction and interesting to read. They had characters, plots..."

I was unsuccessful in convincing her that it would be next to impossible for me to finish it within the time frame I normally finish a 500+ page book. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:04 am

Hey, LuthienT/Lillian! I see you didn't waste any time joining this amazing forum! Hope you have a blast!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:13 am

Goldfish wrote:
Yes! Exactly, you understand! cheers When I first received the book, I told my mom I would go crazy and that I couldn't do it. Her response? "Why not? You've read bigger books! You can finish that one, too."

My reaction: Suspect "Yeah. Right. But those books were fiction and interesting to read. They had characters, plots..."

I was unsuccessful in convincing her that it would be next to impossible for me to finish it within the time frame I normally finish a 500+ page book. *sighs*

Eek! History. Well, actually history can be both interesting and dull, depending on the mode of presentation. For example, I absolutely adore Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. I'm not exactly sure why, but perhaps it is because of all the "drama" of the time. Last year, I took AP US History. Let me just tell you this: US History = the most boring subject I've ever learned about. It's even worse than economics and government. *shudders* At least, I'm done with all that.

What kind of history are you reading about? By the way, what IS your favorite subject? Oddly enough, English used to be my most hated subject. Sure, Calculus is still my most loved class, but English is awesome, now.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 pm

My favorite subject is Math. I also like Science, sometimes, though I didn't enjoy Biology. Since I'm homeschooled, they totally mixed up the lessons. So while if I'd gone to public high school, I would've taken AP Biology freshman year--that's what'd been assigned to me. But since I was homeschooled, Biology came towards the end.

You're right about the History. US History. pale affraid A few lessons before that, they sent me another 500+ page book on US History alone. I freaked out. Of course, the lesson took me forever to do. Not to mention, I had a ton of questions to answer--80-100--and three essays to cover. I also adore Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt...I adore those parts of my history book. What I don't adore is when they start talking about the modern days, which is the part I'm actually on. I actually sat there and enjoyed reading about the French Revolution, but now that I'm getting closer to the modern days I'm taking my time.

The history book I have to cover has to do from the very early days--like pre-Babylonian--to the 21st century, so I'm covering everything. Yes. Now I enjoy English as well, but maybe that's because I enjoy writing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LuthienT's arrived ...   LuthienT's arrived ... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LuthienT's arrived ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2