Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vocabulary Challenge

Go down 
+8
Goldfish
Magda
Coffee Spoons
Zara Mikazuki
Tourterelle
denizenofevil
Laura
BeautyBlitz
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Laboratory, mountain, scarlet, physics, metaphor

Zara, the physics genius, sat in her laboratory atop a mountain and struggled until her face was scarlet. Why couldn't she think of one lousy metaphor?!?

Chartreuse, counter, defense, maneuver, clock
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Chartreuse, counter, defense, maneuver, clock

One morning, Mariah woke up to that annoying alarm clock. She threw it on the counter and maneuvered herself to the closet. She picked out a chartreuse dress and loved it so much, she'd defend it to the death!

wildcat, radical, relative, acropolis, limit
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 pm

wildcat, radical, relative, acropolis, limit

A wildcat and radical rebel, Eloise longed to visit the acropolis. She had spent her saving frivilously and not one relative would lend her any money. They'd reached their limit with her childish behavior.

creator, bestial, baboon, saturate, sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 pm

creator, bestial, baboon, saturate, sarcasm

The baboon, saturated in chocolate syrup, smirked at his creator in a bestial way.
"What did you expect me to be eating?" The baboon asked, his voice full of sarcasm, "A banana?"

Denial, Dance, Frog, Washington, Cry
Back to top Go down
Tezcatlipoca
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Tezcatlipoca

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Denial, Dance, Frog, Washington, Cry

Washington uttered a cry of denial when told that Jefferson was better at the frog-dance.

Pokemon, particle, supernova, quark, ventricle
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Pokemon, particle, supernova, quark, ventricle

Once upon a time, the universe was created. There were quarks colliding, and supernovas occuring. Particles floated around galore! Until eons later, Pokemon came to exist. Yesterday, I was in the hospital taking a look at the left ventricle of a poor little Mudkip.

Mechanic, intimate, photosynthesis, automobile, contest
Back to top Go down
Tezcatlipoca
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Tezcatlipoca

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Mechanic, intimate, photosynthesis, automobile, contest

Bob the mechanic had no idea what photosynthesis was, but he knew the most intimate details of the automobile contest.

Cookies, Pike, Bomb, Boston, Spleen
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Cookies, Pike, Bomb, Boston, Spleen

One day in Boston, while I was operating on someone's spleen, I noticed quite a few strange things in there: bombs, pikes, and cookies. How weird! lol!

EDIT:
One day in Boston, while I was operating on someone's spleen, I noticed quite a few strange things going on. I turned to my colleague, Mike Pike, who was eating a ton of cookies and asked "Are those BOMBS I hear out there in the city?"

NOW what.

Converge, roof, fiddle, moon, microscope
Back to top Go down
Tezcatlipoca
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Tezcatlipoca

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Converge, roof, fiddle, moon, microscope

The rays of the moon convered on my microscope causing me to fiddle with the fine adjust knob; I never should have decided to do midnight science on the roof.

Squirrel, Stew, cerebrum, Twilight, turns
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:02 am

Squirrel, stew, cerebrum, Twilight, turn

I closed my Science book for now. I really didn't feel like studying the cerebrum of the brain, medulla oblongata or cerebellum. Looking out the window, I saw a squirrel atop a birch tree, and my next door neighbor was burning her Twilight book. I must remember to take my turn in the bonfire next time. Now I could smell my mother's famous beef stew wafting in my room.

Continental, tectonic, wasteland, emerald, Pangea
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:59 am

Continental, tectonic, wasteland, emerald, Pangea

On my last trip to the Continental USA, I remember going with my friend to her school, located in the middle of a wasteland. They were learning about the supercontinent Pangea and how plate tectonics helped create the world we know today. The plate movement and temperatures and pressure also helped create precious minerals like emeralds.

Wikipedia, armoir, chimicanga, Victorian, deja-vu
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 am

Wikipedia, armoir, chimicanga, Victorian, deja-vu

I was on Wikipedia looking up chimicanga's and victorian costume but came up empty handed. I went over to EBAY and was lookgin at armoirs when I realized I had to get back to work. The fact I had got nothing done gave me this feeling of deja-vu.

subordinate, merger, flypaper, costume, fifth avenue
Back to top Go down
Tezcatlipoca
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Tezcatlipoca

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm

subordinate, merger, flypaper, costume, fifth avenue

My subordinate, Mr. Jenkins, wore his flypaper costume to the meeting, regarding the merger, on fifth avenue.

I'm on a one sentence role here! And fifth avenue is actually two words, so I'm doubly awesome.

Aliens, malevolently, Oblong, Soccer, Ponies!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 am

"Aliens are invading." Tom malevolently said during soccer practice.
Cory gasped and squawked, "Look! They're...they're riding oblong ponies!"

Banana, sinister, miscellaneous, sparrow, green.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 am

Banana, sinister, miscellaneous, sparrow, green.

My sinister sister loved to wear the color green and collect miscellaneous items, she has a stuffed sparrow and a plastic banana.

Conviction, Fortitude, formality, bazooka, slide
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:14 am

Conviction, Fortitude, formality, bazooka, slide

I was on the computer checking out omg! at Yahoo.com. Clicking on an article about the Chris Brown-Rihanna beating incident, I read that Brown was awaiting his conviction. Good, I thought. Anybody who hits a girl needs to be punished. My friends and I were hoping that Rihanna's fortitude about this whole thing would never waver. If only I had a bazooka, I would target it at Chris. I used to think he had this air of formality. All along he had this air of abusiveness. I was sure that the police wouldn't let this slide that easily for Chris.

Opaque, enemy, consternation, loquacious, evaluate
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:50 pm

Opaque, enemy, consternation, loquacious, evaluate

I needed to evaluate my loquacious enemy. Although his tactics were opaque, a feeling of consternation washed over me when I realized just what I was up against.

miasma, indurate, schipperke, decalogue, brouhaha
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:12 am

miasma, indurate, schipperke, decalogue, brouhaha

One day, while I was studying the Miasma Theory of Pollution, I noticed that some calluses on my hands were beginning to indurate, due to overuse. So I decided to go out and walk my schipperke, Boots. On that path, I passed by a church, where the Decalogue was being read. Eventually, my schipperke got hold of a brouhaha and pulled me in that direction.

Next: notebook, jacket, disco, spring, tesselation
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:36 am

notebook, jacket, disco, spring, tesselation (is that tessellation, perhaps?)

I sat in Geometry class, doodling in my notebook as usual. The teacher was discussing tessellations, which sounded easy so I decided not to listen. It was a gorgeous spring morning and I was irritated on having to spend it cooped up in a stuffy math class. Scanning the room, I was wondering why that new student was wearing a jacket. Well, I guess since she's from Canada she's always used to being bundled up. Across from me, my best friend passed me a note, which read:
"Wanna go to a disco after school?"
I replied back: "No, of course not. We'll have lots of homework by the end of the day." Folding it neatly, I passed it back to her.

Virus, congenial, tragedy, embodiment, meningitis
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Virus, congenial, tragedy, embodiment, meningitis

One day, in my biology class, we were discussing disease-carrying agents, like viruses and the bacteria that causes meningitis. It's a real tragedy, how many people are killed from meningitis. I mean, it isn't a congenial disease. Well, there's the fact that so many idiots in America refuse to take vaccines. They are the embodiment of idiocracy.

iPod, textbook, wire, laminate, infinity
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm

While laying on the bed listening to my iPod, I noticed the wire of the earphones was frayed and needed replacing. I would have to go to the mall later, not only to buy new earphones, but to get my number card laminated for PE class. Bored, I opened my Science textbook and decided to study for a change, but not before tuning into "Thanks For the Memories" by Fall Out Boy from their album, Infinity On High.

Course, extract, vanilla, gossip, audiophile
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 3:22 pm

I was eating dinner at my aunts house. We were on our second course when my cousin came in with perfume smelling of vanilla extract. I smiled and excused myself so that we could gossip in her room. As she lead the way we passed by her audiophile of a brother. She smiled as I opened the door for her and sat on her bed. We were discussing about anime for the rest of the night, and sooner or later, I fell asleep.

Embroidery, Teacher, Ghost, Crimson, Wolf
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:32 pm

I was entranced by the embroidery on my teacher's shirt. It was a crimson color, with intricate designs woven into it like a kaleidoscope. Her shirt was fabulous, but I couldn't say the same thing for her make-up. Her face was pasty white that it made her look like a ghost. Class was about to start, so I got out my notebook for doodles and started drawing a wolf.

jeopardy, gestation, supple, filly, magnanimous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vocabulary Challenge
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3