Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vocabulary Challenge

Go down 
+8
Goldfish
Magda
Coffee Spoons
Zara Mikazuki
Tourterelle
denizenofevil
Laura
BeautyBlitz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Vocabulary Challenge 1st_place
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Vocabulary Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Okay, you will be given 5 words by the person above you. Your goal is to put those 5 words into a sentence or paragraph. It must make sense. Then you leave 5 words for the next person.

Here is your first 5 words to start you off

alabaster, citizen, snow, baroque, chimney.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:48 pm

The citizens were very proud of the new chimney added to the mayor's house. It looked very baroque, and was made out of white alabaster. Especially now that it snowed, the house's lacy elegance was emphasised by the addition.

Like this?

I'll go on then...

document, swimming, coach, crimson, painful
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:51 pm

document, swimming, coach, crimson, painful

The swimming coach wore a painful expression as he looked at the document in the crimson folder, he could not believe he was being sued.

genius, elephant, professor, resort, flashback
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm

In a flashback, it occured to the professor that it had been the work of a genius to create a spa resort for animals.

notebook, century, park, billion, jumper
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm

notebook, century, park, billion, jumper

He had given me a million reasons why I should not go to Century park and write in my notebook. Today I should have listened. I had to watch as the police tried to talk a jumper off the roof of a building.

sincere, breakfast, highway, refund, hotdog
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:37 pm

sincere, breakfast, highway, refund, hotdog

After my quick and unusual breakfast - I had had a hotdog and a cold cup of lemon tea - I drove along the highway, mentally rehearsing the sincere speech I would give to my employees about allowing refunds.

banana, monitor, clock, squirrel, champagne
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm

banana, monitor, clock, squirrel, champagne

I sat with my pet squirrel drinking champagne as I watched the clock. Finally the monitor lit up and i got the message that the doorman was on his way up with my banana.

dominion, monkey, jet, tequila, captain
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Hunny, you are not by any chance watching Deep Space Nine right now? Very Happy

dominion, monkey, jet, tequila, captain

"The dominion of the monkeys is finally over, we have destroyed all their jets!", announced the captain, as the barman handed out another round of tequila.

terrorist, pineapple, Southern, gender, osmosis
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:54 pm

The terrorist sat back in his office chair, sipping freshly made pineapple juice plotted to take over the Southern United States, but to no avail. His watching of Osmosis Jones caused great gender confusion.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:55 pm

terrorist, pineapple, Southern, gender, osmosis

A southern person of the "gentler" gender ate a pinapple through osmosis. She had gotten this technology from a terrorist.

*solveig-I don't watch Deep Space Nine, I like The Next Generation and Voyager though. Deep Space Nine should have been title deep space soap opera.

nickel, pluto, row boat, panic, carrot
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:59 pm

nickel, pluto, row boat, panic, carrot

Bugs Bunny was beginning to panic. His rowing boat was sinking, he was out of carrots, and Pluto had stolen his last nickel!

cockroach, minute, janitor, honeysuckle, domino
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:08 pm

cockroach, minute, janitor, honeysuckle, domino

"I'll be there in a minute!" yelled Cockroach the janitor. He took one more sniff of the honeysuckle, bent and picked up his domino and went inside.

whistle, spacestation, fiction, pencil, greenery
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 pm

The constable dropped his pencil when he heard a sharp whistle from the greenery. He looked up, and saw a large space station, much like the ones in bad science fiction movies, slowly lower itself onto a spot right next to him.

pester, mill, teddy bear, twitch, dormouse
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Lucy, a dormouse no older than 3, hugged her teddy bear close, her hands twitching with fear.
"Give me the bear. It's all they want!"
Lucy squeezed her eyes shut and hugged the bear closer, ignoring her pestering brother. Lucy's brother shook his head in irritation as suddenly, the door to the mill creaked open.

Train, Zebra, Loathe, Cry, Dirt.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Once upon a time, there was a zebra in a train that wanted to cry. It absolutely loathed being trapped in a car--it was wishing that it could roll around in dirt instead.

Reply, Nightstand, Dandelion, Sheep, Time
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Once upon a time, there was a zebra in a train that wanted to cry. It absolutely loathed being trapped in a car--it was wishing that it could roll around in dirt instead.

As I lay in bed, passing the time by staring at the books on my nightstand and counting sheep, I heard an eerie voice call my name. I replied, "Who is it" but he said nothing.

Smile, excited, love, piano, tutu
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Dressed in her pink tutu, Angelica smiled excitedly when she entered the room in which her true love was playing the piano (with his delicate, long fingers, and now go figure re: cheesiness!) Very Happy

feet, panda, oak tree, shelf, hunger
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 pm

"I'm so hungry I could eat an oak tree!" I yelled at my pet panda as I put my feet up on a shelf.

socks, music, French Fries, fingernails, thunderstorm

Last edited by Magda on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:43 pm

Magda wrote:
"I'm so hungry I could eat an oak tree!" I yelled at my pet panda as I kicked a bookshelf.

socks, music, French Fries, fingernails, thunderstorm

As I ate french fries and listened to music to drown out the thunderstorm, I balled up my socks and threw them across the room while contemplating painting my fingernails.

philematology, squirrel, cherry, fulvous, clown

I'm a bit of an obscure word nerd and I realized my other one was much too easy Very Happy

If you want me to post the definitions feel free to ask
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:38 am

philematology, squirrel, cherry, fulvous, clown

*I actually had to look up some of these words. Apparently "Philematology" is the science of kissing. Also, fulvous is a dull yellowish color*

While I was sitting in my room studying philematology with my friend, Jason (weird, I know--the name was random, though), I noticed a circus tent outside my window. We decided to head over to see what was going on. Along the way, we saw a squirrel swipe a cherry from the neighbors. Upon arriving at the circus, we were greeted by a clown dressed in a fulvous-colored outfit.

Paper, flute, diamond, revolver, inferno
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:15 am

When she found out that while she'd been sleeping, her paper doll had come to life and stolen her diamond ring and switched her flute for a revolver, she cursed that paper doll into the deepest inferno she could imagine.

Kleptomaniac, bunny, snore, dinner, calculus
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Coffee Spoons

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 2:03 am

Magda wrote:
When she found out that while she'd been sleeping, her paper doll had come to life and stolen her diamond ring and switched her flute for a revolver, she cursed that paper doll into the deepest inferno she could imagine.

Kleptomaniac, bunny, snore, dinner, calculus

Since the kleptomaniac couldn't get a job due to the fact that he failed calculus, he stole the snoring bunny while the guard was at dinner.

amaranthine, grammaticaster, arctophily, zug, and, my personal favorite: antidisestablishmentarianism. Knock yourselves out.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 3:34 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

The boy stared at the dandelion on his nightstand, then noted the time: 10:45 pm. His mother came up just as he hurried to pull the blankets over his head, making it appear as if he'd fallen asleep awhile ago. "I know you're awake," his mother said. Timothy turned around, defeated, to face his mother after she figured out he was awake. "It's really late. You should be asleep by now. Why aren't you?" Timothy groaned, then sighed. "I have a hard time falling asleep, because the sheep wallpaper really creeps me out. We should change it," was his reply. His mother looked at him for a second, then turned around to shut the lights and close the door.

Magic, Flutes, Crackers, Homework, Comedy--five words just off the top of my head. Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 3:51 am

Magic, Flutes, Crackers, Homework, Comedy

For my homework today, I needed to read The Divine Comedy for English. I also needed to practice The Magic Flute by Mozart for the upcoming concert. Since I had trouble concentrating, and because I wanted to procrastinate, I decided to waste time by munching on some crackers, so I could avoid the flute playing.

Btw, that sentence is completely true... lol!

Message, snowshoe, fiesta, notebook, power

Last edited by Zara Sahana 007 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magda
Magda

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Katie wondered who had scribbled the message in her notebook that they were going to steal her snowshoes. Well, whoever it was, she'd locked them up in her closet along with some leftover fiesta decorations. The thief have to have magic powers to get at them now.

megaphone, crown, checkers, printer, gallivant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Challenge   Vocabulary Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Vocabulary Challenge
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next