Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funny Harry Potter thing I found...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Funny Harry Potter thing I found... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 3:29 am

See?! I don't think it's you; I think it's me. Just not my type... And for the record, I probably still wouldn't like him even if he was outwardly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 3:22 am

Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
"It’s a bad idea to tell Professor Snape he takes himself too seriously."

It is?

Humpf.

One little sentence, and it eradicates half of my naughtier daydreams.

Double-humpf.

Shocked Um...

I've never understood why people think Snape is "sexy." I just really don't see it. He's a nice guy and very admirable, but not someone that I find attractive all-around.

No offense, Kelsey... I think that is an age-related thing Wink I didn't find him sexy when I was your age, either - back then I was into Draco.

Hmmm. Might I possibly have a problem with bad boys?

Could be an age thing. But you know, Rhett Butler's over thirty in Gone with the Wind and I like him a lot. I like a lot of older literary characters, so I don't think that's it. Maybe Snape's just not my type, or maybe I just pity him too much.

...or maybe I'm the weirdo hippie Well... if that means I can have him, so be it Very Happy

Nope, sorry. Snape is all mine... I love him. And Alan Rickman, the actor that plays him, is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Solveig wrote:
Sort of. Yesterday, there was this question about why the bible is the most beloved and most hated book in the world, and "Well do ya?!" gave a v. long answer, very serious, and then added the sentence below as an afterthought. It took me five minutes to laugh heartily, then I sent her an email asking her for permission to use that statement Smile

Marmite is - well, many people hate it, I personally find it disgusting, the Brits love it. It's a brown, slimy spread tasting like yeast.

That sounds icky. I don't think I'd like Marmite from its Wiki page and your description. I don't like Vegimite either, and I've actually eaten that. It's NOTHING like peanut butter. They told me it was, so I stuck it in my mouth expecting peanut butter; that ruined it. I might've even liked it if I hadn't had wrong expectations. I think they might've meant that Australians eat it like Americans eat peanut butter and I, being in fourth grade, took it incorrectly. I can't remember now, though. All I know is that I thought it was disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 11:06 pm

Sort of. Yesterday, there was this question about why the bible is the most beloved and most hated book in the world, and "Well do ya?!" gave a v. long answer, very serious, and then added the sentence below as an afterthought. It took me five minutes to laugh heartily, then I sent her an email asking her for permission to use that statement Smile

Marmite is - well, many people hate it, I personally find it disgusting, the Brits love it. It's a brown, slimy spread tasting like yeast.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 10:56 pm

Love the Snape avatar, Solveig! lol! Along with that change to your profile, I've noticed a change in signature. As I'm not European, I must ask what Marmite is and how it relates to the Bible. I looked up Marmite, but I didn't get much information (certainly not enough to relate it to the Bible). The only thing I can think of is that some people like Marmite's flavor, and some people don't. Is that it?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:

It is?

Humpf.

Double-humpf.

Shocked Um...

I've never understood why people think Snape is "sexy." I just really don't see it. He's a nice guy and very admirable, but not someone that I find attractive all-around.

No offense, Kelsey... I think that is an age-related thing Wink I didn't find him sexy when I was your age, either - back then I was into Draco.

Could be an age thing. But you know, Rhett Butler's over thirty in Gone with the Wind and I like him a lot. I like a lot of older literary characters, so I don't think that's it. Maybe Snape's just not my type, or maybe I just pity him too much.

...or maybe I'm the weirdo hippie Well... if that means I can have him, so be it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:

It is?

Humpf.

Double-humpf.

Shocked Um...

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:

It is?

Humpf.

Double-humpf.

Shocked Um...

Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Solveig wrote:

It is?

Humpf.

Double-humpf.

Shocked Um...

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:40 pm

It is?

Humpf.

Double-humpf.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Solveig wrote:
"I am not allowed to introduce Peeves to paintball."

roflmao

I think that the smiley accurate displays my reaction to some of the above.

By the way, was the phrase "pet peeve" derived from Harry Potter? If so, WOW. Harry Potter apparently had a wide range of influence...

Um, judging from the other names JKR uses (Lupin = lupus = wolf, Sprout, etc.), I should think it happened the other way round Smile
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Solveig wrote:

roflmao

I think that the smiley accurate displays my reaction to some of the above.

By the way, was the phrase "pet peeve" derived from Harry Potter? If so, WOW. Harry Potter apparently had a wide range of influence...
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 pm

roflmao
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Jane wrote:
I love the Seamus Finnegan quote, the Wizard of Oz one, and the fortune cookie one.

One of my favorites might be the "I do not weight the same as a duck" one, but I don't suppose anyone else got that.

I saw the "I do not weigh the same as a duck" one. Actually, that one really made me laugh--I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Actually, I just love Monty Python in general.

We watched that movie in Geography class this year (because it's so educational and what not). I laughed so hard that day. The duck thing was one of my favorite parts.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Jane wrote:
I love the Seamus Finnegan quote, the Wizard of Oz one, and the fortune cookie one.

One of my favorites might be the "I do not weight the same as a duck" one, but I don't suppose anyone else got that.

I saw the "I do not weigh the same as a duck" one. Actually, that one really made me laugh--I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Actually, I just love Monty Python in general.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:11 pm

You just made my day. Thanks, Jane. That was very funny lol!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:37 pm

I love that we're not allowed to ask Harry if his scar senses are tingling, or tell Snape that he takes himself to seriously! Those are hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:49 am

lol! Those were hilarious!

My favorites:
"Seamus Finnegan is not ‘after me lucky charms."
"I will never ask Harry if his scar senses are tingling."
"I will not sing ‘We’re off to See the Wizard’ when going to see Dumbledore."
"Calling the Ghostbusters is a cruel joke to play to the resident ghosts and poltergeists."
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 am

This is an answer to a Harry Potter question on Y!A, asking what things you shouldn't do at Hogwarts. I thought it was hilarious (although I know the answerer didn't come up with it herself), so I decided to post it. Sorry it's kind of long.

-It is not necessary to yell ‘POOF!’ every time I Apparate.

-I will not use Umbridge’s quill to write ‘I told you I was hardcore’.

-It is generally accepted that cats and dragons cannot interbreed, and I should not attempt to disprove this theory, no matter how wicked the results would be.

-Asking ‘How do you keep a Gryffindor in suspense?’ and walking away is only funny the first time.

-Any resemblance between Dementors and Nargles is coincidental.

-I am not allowed to declare an official Hug-A-Slytherin day.

- "I've heard every possible joke about Oliver Wood's name" is not a challenge.

-I will not wear my ‘DEATH EATER AND PROUD OF IT!’ shirt to school.

-Starting a betting pool on the fate of this year’s Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor is tasteless and tacky, not a good money-making concept.

-Seamus Finnegan is not ‘after me lucky charms’.

-I am allowed to have a cat, rat, owl, or toad. I am NOT allowed to have a reticulated python, snow leopard, Tasmanian devil, of piranha.

-42 is not the answer to every question in the OWL’s.

-I will not claim my X-files tapes are ‘Auror training videos’.

-I am not allowed to introduce Peeves to paintball.

-I will not tell the first years that they should build a treehouse in the Whomping Willow.

-I will not dress up as Voldemort for Halloween.

-I am not allowed to make lightsaber sounds with my wand.

-I am not allowed to sing my own personal spy music while wandering the hallways.

-Ravenclaws do not find a sign saying ‘the library is closed for an indefinite period’
amusing in any sense.

-If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling ‘It does DEATH!’ may be correct, but is not the manner in which one should answer.

-I will not lock the Gryffindors and Slytherins in a room together and take bets on who will come out alive.

-I will not bring a Magic 8 Ball to Divintation class.

-I will refrain from calling the Weasley twins ‘Merry and Pippin’. I will also refrain from calling Harry and Ron ‘Frodo and Sam’. It probably isn’t smart to call Draco ‘Legolas’, either.

-I will never ask Harry if his scar senses are tingling.

-If the thought of a spell makes me giggle for more than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not to perform it.

-I will not steal Gryffindor’s Sword from Dumbledore’s office and use it to patrol the hallways.

-There is not, nor has there ever been, a fifth house. I am not in it. I am also not its founder.

-I do not weigh the same as a duck. (if you don't get it, it's a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference)

-I am not Xena: Warrior Princess and I shall not use war cries to signal my entrance in to a classroom.

-I will not follow my potions instructions in reverse just to see what happens.

-When fighting Death Eaters in the final battle, I will not thrust my wand skyward and yell ‘there can only be ONE!’

-Professor Flitwick’s first name is not Yoda.

-I will not sing ‘We’re off to See the Wizard’ when going to see Dumbledore.

-Bringing fortune cookies to Divintation does not count as extra credit.

-I will not give Hagrid Pokemon cards and convince him that they are real animals.

-I am not allowed to negotiate a peace treaty with Voldemort.

-I am not allowed to refer to the Accio charm as ‘The Force’.

-It’s a bad idea to tell Professor Snape he takes himself too seriously.

-‘To conquer the world with an army of flying monkeys’ is not an appropriate career choice.

-I am not an Animagus sloth.

-I will not say ‘Dude, get a life!’ to Voldemort.

-Lupin does not want a flea collar.

-I will not try to take out life insurance on Harry Potter.

-No matter how good an Australian accent I can do, I will not imitate Steve Irwin during Care of Magical Creatures.

-I will not put books of Muggle fairy tales in the history section of the library.

-Calling the Ghostbusters is a cruel joke to play to the resident ghosts and poltergeists.

- I will not take out a life insurance policy on Harry Potter.

What do you think? Am I the only one who laughed a couple times during this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Harry Potter thing I found...   Funny Harry Potter thing I found... Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Harry Potter thing I found...
Page 1 of 1