Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just found this

Go down 
+2
BeautyBlitz
Laura
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Have a look at this article. Did you know just HOW weird we are??

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/area_eccentric_reads_entire_book
roflmao
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : Just found this 1st_place

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:24 pm

ridiculous....I loved it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:32 pm

lol!

Loved it! The Onion always has hilarious articles/etc.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:37 pm

lol! That was hilarious. Although, unfortunately, it seems like that article is becoming more and more true as each day goes by. I was reading Jane Eyre in the school hallways last week and everybody gave me a weird look, like I was some kind of alien. lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:35 pm

lol! Hilarious!

Why do people think that reading is some kind of psychological disorder?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
lol! Hilarious!

I'm not sure. Apparently it isn't "cool". But then and again, I'm not out to be cool. I just happen to BE cool... lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
lol! Hilarious!

I'm not sure. Apparently it isn't "cool". But then and again, I'm not out to be cool. I just happen to BE cool... lol!

Whoa, that could be a famous quote! "I'm not out to be cool. I just happen to BE cool."
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
lol! Hilarious!

Well, nuts to them if they think reading isn't cool. hippie
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 4:42 pm

No, see, reading is cool at school if you read Gossip Girl, anything by Sarah Dessen, or Twilight.

Basically, fluff. Blech! silent
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:01 pm

I stuck to my reading even when it made me a nerd in 7th grade, and a social outcast in 8th. To prove my point, I was elected head girl (by my classmates!) in 10th grade, and won a prize for outstanding achievements.

Take this, cool kids. Ha! victory
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Ha! See, it pays off!

I've been reading my whole life and therefore have been a dork my whole life, but it's paid off too: if you haven't noticed, school becomes much easier if you read. It even helps in unrelated subjects!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:49 pm

I've always read a lot and it has never made me socially outcasted at all. At my school, the smart kids are usually also the cool kids, the athletic kids (with me as the exception), (sometimes) the nice kids, and also the good-looking kids. It's really kind of strange because I hear about other schools' smart kids getting picked on by the athletic or cool kids and then I look at my school and don't see the same problems. It must be something in the water.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
No, see, reading is cool at school if you read Gossip Girl, anything by Sarah Dessen, or Twilight.

Okay, I'll confess. Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure. But, here's the reason why I have a better attitude towards Gossip Girl than I do towards Twilight: Gossip Girl isn't attempting to be some literary masterpiece. Cecily von Ziesgar (and the ghostwriters) knew from the get-go that this series would be superficial.

Besides, the gossip is kind of addicting. The characters are so funny and flat, but I could care less. von Ziesgar did not intend for there to be some massive theme or plot. It is just gossip-gossip-GOSSIP. lol!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Kelsey wrote:
I've always read a lot and it has never made me socially outcasted at all. At my school, the smart kids are usually also the cool kids, the athletic kids (with me as the exception), (sometimes) the nice kids, and also the good-looking kids. It's really kind of strange because I hear about other schools' smart kids getting picked on by the athletic or cool kids and then I look at my school and don't see the same problems. It must be something in the water.

Definitely agreed here. Reading is everywhere--most people don't recognize that, unfortunately. Heck, some of the hardest material I've read was in my physics classes. My reading skills really helped there.

Oh, I was labeled "social outcast" in middle school. Almost nobody wanted to associate with me, until high school. There, a LOT of the so-called "cool" kids were having difficulty and I basically became a popular-kid tutor and advice girl. Kind of cool, actually. It gave me some immunity and people included me just on that, at first. Then they learned about the real me and ended up liking me. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Well, even if you're the outcast at school, that doesn't count in real life anyway. Kids who are cool in high school think their entire life will run smoothly just because they are oh-so-popular-and-pretty. Well, welcome to real life, it is the latest craze, and everybody's joining in...

Someone on here or on YA said, in reply to the claim that cool kids didn't read classics, "Yeah, well, cool kids don't make six figure incomes either". I loved that quote. Was it any of you guys? confused
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Okay, I'll confess. Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure. But, here's the reason why I have a better attitude towards Gossip Girl than I do towards Twilight: Gossip Girl isn't attempting to be some literary masterpiece. Cecily von Ziesgar (and the ghostwriters) knew from the get-go that this series would be superficial.

Besides, the gossip is kind of addicting. The characters are so funny and flat, but I could care less. von Ziesgar did not intend for there to be some massive theme or plot. It is just gossip-gossip-GOSSIP. lol!

I agree. I love reading Gossip Girl. Embarassed GG and the rest of the characters are so funny. The book really lives up to its name. Once you enter, it's hard to extract yourself from it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Solveig wrote:
Someone on here or on YA said, in reply to the claim that cool kids didn't read classics, "Yeah, well, cool kids don't make six figure incomes either". I loved that quote. Was it any of you guys? confused

I wish I was the one who said that, but it wasn't me. That quote is genius. I think I'm going to steal it...bwahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Ha! See, it pays off!

I've been reading my whole life and therefore have been a dork my whole life, but it's paid off too: if you haven't noticed, school becomes much easier if you read. It even helps in unrelated subjects!

No kidding. In the 4th grade, I won 3rd place in the Spelling Contest because of reading. I was always top of the class in English class. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

No kidding. In the 4th grade, I won 3rd place in the Spelling Contest because of reading. I was always top of the class in English class. Very Happy

I won third place in the spelling bee in sixth grade but they only displayed first and second place in the school yearbook. I was furious!

Reading really does have benefits. tongue
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Solveig wrote:

I wish I was the one who said that, but it wasn't me. That quote is genius. I think I'm going to steal it...bwahahaha...

lol! No one would be the wiser... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

I won third place in the spelling bee in sixth grade but they only displayed first and second place in the school yearbook. I was furious!

Reading really does have benefits. tongue

Oh, my gosh. You should have complained! lol! Go third placers!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:16 pm

Of course! Nothing wrong with a solid third place! Very Happy

Seriously though, my 12 year old self was about to kick some butt. I wanted recognition, and a trophy!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Tourterelle wrote:

Seriously though, my 12 year old self was about to kick some butt. I wanted recognition, and a trophy!

Did you get a medal? 'Cause I got one. Oh, how I despised that girl who got second, not because I was jealous of her place, but she was an extreme emo-wannabe. lol!
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Did you get a medal? 'Cause I got one. Oh, how I despised that girl who got second, not because I was jealous of her place, but she was an extreme emo-wannabe. lol!

Do you know how much I hate wannabes? Especially emo-wannabes? They are such attention-whores.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Psht, no.

1st place and 2nd place both got trophies and a picture in the yearbook, and I got squat. sniff

Yeah, I'm emotionally ruined for the rest of my days. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just found this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just found this   Just found this Empty

Back to top Go down

Just found this
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next