Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Writer Has Arrived

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkblade

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-05-06

A Writer Has Arrived Empty
PostSubject: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi, there. I'm Darkblade, or DB for short.

I realize this site is mostly for what people have read, but I was thinking that maybe since I have been writing a book of my own that maybe I'd be able to fit in fairly well. For more info on my book, please look in my sig for the web address of my forum. However, don't expect me to post large chunks of my story here, as I am slow to trust. I do apologize, but such is my nature, and I won't turn on it now.

Anyway, I hope I can get to know all of you and that you come find my site.
Back to top Go down
http://rethel.forumotion.com/
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi Darkblade.

I am not sure what you will find here, but you are welcome to post. Unfortunately, the Literary Cabinet has not been very active as of late. Still, while we breathe, we have life.

If you have any questions, just ask me.
Back to top Go down
Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:01 am

I noticed that this place hasn't been very active. I'm actually having similar problems with my own forum, which is why I advertised it just a bit. I'm sorry if such action is disliked, but I'm hoping that drawing a bit more attention to it will bring more activity. c:

So...what all goes on here?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:32 pm

We do have a writing section for prose and poetry that is visible only to members. I very much understand you not wanting to put out too much of your work, but if you have an idea you want to shoot by to get someone else's input, that will work.

Beyond that, we have a section on books we are reading, a fun and games section, and an informal "Off Topic" section (that is also hidden from non-members) where members generally get to know each other a little better.

Beyond that, please read the Rules section for do's and do not's. We are not draconian by any means, but I will banish anyone who posts spam (I'll give you a Mulligan with your advertisement, for now Wink ) or generally disrupts the forum.

Take a look around and check things out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks! I'll be sure to take a look around, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Darkblade! Welcome to LC!

I'm rare here for right now, used to be a regular, but have been swamped. After May I hope to be more active. I hope you enjoy LC and come to post here for fun as well as feedback.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Darkblade. So you're a writer, huh? Post something and let's see what you're made off Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:01 am

Alright. I'll make you a deal. My summer vacation starts this weekend (Sunday, technically is when I think I'll start having time to myself). Once summer gets here I'll come up with some sort of short story for you. Though I can't really post anything from my book here. If you want to read that, you'll have to gain my trust. (Or wait until I can get it published. Whichever comes first.) Don't take offense to this, Ben, but I just can't take chances with handing it out to strangers before I have a true copyright on it.

Then again, I might be able to give a really short excerpt to whet your apetite a bit. I don't know yet. But trust me, you'll see what I have in me. c:

And I completely understand the busy feeling, Lillian. I've been there myself on only too many occasions.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:10 am

I'm not offended, not in the least. Only post if you are 100% sure you want to, I'd hate to force you to do anything you don't want to do. In the meantime just hang out, chill out and get a feel for the place Smile

Back to top Go down
Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks! I do feel like it'd be rude of me to not post anything, so I'll try to come up with some short story or some other for you to read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Writer Has Arrived   A Writer Has Arrived Empty

Back to top Go down

A Writer Has Arrived
Page 1 of 1