Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hullo from england.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
violet
violet

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-05-16

hullo from england. Empty
PostSubject: hullo from england.   hullo from england. EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:46 am

hullo- im violet, and new here... so...um… howdie.

i live in London, and come from devon (county where hound of the Baskervilles, lots of Agatha Christies set; countryside and bordered by the sea on two sides- VERY famous five territory). So im a mixture of town and country.

. ive spent my life trying to establish the threshold for 'too many' books. conclusion- this does not exist; only houses which are too small.
i have about 4,000. i generally keep pretty quiet about this....

my current area of interst is books set in or written in the late 30s, early 40s, domestic.
pirat
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: hullo from england.   hullo from england. EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Welcome to the Literary Cabinet, Violet (or is that violet with a lower case "v"?)! I think you will really enjoy it here. Take a look around, read the rules, and above all, post away and have fun!

Oh, I agree with you about there being no such thing as too many books. My wife may not agree with this, but I know what you mean. My house gets smaller every day. Wink

Oh, also, if you have any questions or problems, just contact Laura or myself.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: hullo from england.   hullo from england. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:41 am

Hello Violet. I'm Jennifer. Nice to meet you.

The 30's and 40's is a very interesting era. I look forward to getting to know you.

elephant
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: hullo from england.   hullo from england. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:46 am

Nice to meet you Violet. I hope to see you around here often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hullo from england.   hullo from england. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi Violet. Welcome to LC, please stick around, we're a nice bunch.

Great to have you here, hope you enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hullo from england.   hullo from england. Empty

Back to top Go down

hullo from england.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-
Jump to: