Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enter Dormouse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dormouse
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Dormouse

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:05 am

Hi, I'm the Dormouse and I'm Canadian. My favourite authors are Dumas and Orwell. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favourite novel ever and Orwell's succinct simplicity is hard to beat. Also a fan of Le Carré. Love his characters.

Currently I'm reading a collection of 20th century short stories (by various authors ranging from Conrad to Hemingway). I also plan to read some of Stephen King's short stories.

I picked the name Dormouse not only because I love Carroll's classic but also due to an obscure chapter of The Count of Monte Cristo (Chapter 61. “How a Gardener May Get Rid of the Dormice that Eat His Peaches”). Dormice are also thought of as sleepy creatures, reflecting my chronic laziness.

I've wanted to write a novel since I was about 10 or 11. Thankfully, I never got around to any of them. It would be very embarrassing if they were around today. I'm just doing some writing exercises these days, but plan to start work on my first short story early next year. After finishing a few short stories I hope to eventually undertake writing a novel.

I'm a personal friend of the member March Hare who introduced me to LC.

When I'm not reading or writing, I'm an avid hockey fan and a chess player.[u]
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Jen

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:12 am

Welcome!
Glad to have you. I'm Jen, nice to meet you. The Count of Monte Cristo is in my top three favorites_ever_

I hope you enjoy it here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:47 pm

It's great to meet you, Dormouse! I am Paul, a moderator here. If you have any questions just ask. Post away, and I hope you have a good time!
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:12 am

Glad you could make it. Have fun.
Back to top Go down

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:09 am

Hey,
nice to see you.
I love that chapter of Monte Cristo.
I hope you enjoy LC.
Back to top Go down

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Dormouse, welcome to the LC. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:04 am

Hey, Dormouse! Call me Louisa. It's always great to see a new member once in a while. Smile I tried reading The Count of Monte Cristo once but my endless piles of work forbade me to read any books at all that month. It was already renewed two times so I had to return the book to the library. Hopefully, I'll have some time this coming winter break to read all the novels I've been wanting to get around to.

Where are you in Canada? I'm a Vancouverite. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dormouse
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Dormouse

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Well, I'm not living in Canada. I haven't actually lived in Canada for many years. But last time I was living in Canada was when I spent a year or two in Richmond, BC. Personally though, I consider myself from Montreal it's where most of my relatives live, where my parents are from, and it's got my favourite hockey team. Very Happy But I haven't lived there since I was about two years old. On the other hand I was born in Ontario, so, yeah I end-up being a sort of cosmopolitan Canadian. That is, a cosmopolitan, expatriate Canadian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enter Dormouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter Dormouse   Enter Dormouse Empty

Back to top Go down

Enter Dormouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-
Jump to: