Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie quality of 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Movie quality of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Movie quality of 2010   Movie quality of 2010 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 am

So far, I've been really indifferent to any movies that have come out this year (with the exception of Kick-Ass and Toy Story 3)
What are you opinions? Do you think that they're dropping in quality this year? What movies are you looking forward to? (and desperately hoping they won't mess up)
I'm looking forward to Easy A, Never Let Me Go, The Kids Are All Right, and, of course, HP.
I think it's a incredible injustice that Hollywood wants to remake the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I thought the foreign version with its subtitles was fabulous. I'm giving the book another go. Wish me luck.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Movie quality of 2010   Movie quality of 2010 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 am

Alas, my movie-going days are, by and large, over, at least as far as going to the movie theater. If I see something I think I might like I wait until it comes out on DVD or the pay-per-view feature on my cable TV. Although I will say that my two sons went to go see "The Last Airbender", and that, as big fans of the Nickelodeon cartoon, they were disappointed that so much that was in the cartoon was left out of the movie version.

I did see the movie version of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". While it was a decent movie as far as that goes, I noticed there were a few significant parts of the book that were left out of the movie, including the way the book ended. The book ending is entirely different from the movie ending. It makes me wonder how this will affect the next movie, "The Girl Who Played With Fire".
Back to top Go down
Eden
Eden

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Movie quality of 2010   Movie quality of 2010 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm

I haven't seen a lot of movie from 2010 (actually only one) because cinemas are really expensive in Denmark. However, I will be in France in August and I am looking forward Inception... seems amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie quality of 2010   Movie quality of 2010 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:18 pm

I saw Inception last week at the theater. It's SO much better big-screen.
And it's a total mindf*ck. Honestly. You come out and if you catch something out of the corner of your eye, you start wondering whether ... you know. The ending is debatable, and is left up to the viewer, but despite the seemingly surrealistic quality (SPOILERS), I chose to believe that he had returned, mainly because his wife wasn't attacking him/the top was wobbling, whereas in dreams it spins flawlessly.

Anyway, extremely good movie. Nolan exceeds his insanely high expectations yet again.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Movie quality of 2010   Movie quality of 2010 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:32 am

Meh. I'm not really much of a movie-goer - there are few films that I really want to see so badly that I'm ready to pay 10€ just to see it. Usually, I just watch them when they're on TV - and more often than not, not even that.

I've seen three movies in the cinema this year so far: The Blind Side, Sex and the City 2 (forced by my best friend), and Marmaduke (persuaded by my mother). The Blind Side was really good, though Smile

Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie quality of 2010   Movie quality of 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie quality of 2010
Page 1 of 1