Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Denmark

Go down 
+2
Paul
Eden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eden
Eden

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-06-16

Greetings from Denmark Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a literature student, currently living in Denmark (Copenhagen). However, I came from France and I am reading mostly French authors: Stendhal, Balzac, Dumas, Cohen... I started read more and more in English those past few years. First of all because a lot of amazing authors write in this language (and it is such a pleasure to read books in their original language), secondly because it is far easier to find books in English than in French in Denmark.

By the way, I apologize for all the mistakes. Even if I speak English very often, I do not write it everyday. If you can correct me from time to time, it will help me to improve my writing.
Very Happy
(Sometimes I also mix languages, mostly Danish and English when I am tired. mooorning sorry for that !)
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Welcome to the Literary Cabinet, Eden! I think you will find this is a fun, relaxed place with intelligent members who love to discuss books and writing. As far as your English goes, I had no problems reading your introduction so I don't believe this will be any kind of issue. Feel free to read and post to your heart's content! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Hey Eden! Welcome to Literary Cabinet! It's nice to see a new member. I hope you have fun here, even if the posting has slowed down somewhat.
Don't be alarmed by any craziness, we're a nice bunch of people, I promise.

How did you find LC?
Back to top Go down
Eden
Eden

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks for your welcoming messages.
I am not going to be afraid by any kind of craziness, actually I hang out most of the time with crazy people and I love them for that.

As I explained to Paul, I found LC via google. I was looking for a literary forum in english (and not too big). So.. here I am. Razz
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Welcome to the LC, Eden! Very Happy I hope you stay with us for a long time to come.
I'm Louisa. Smile Feel free to make this your internet home. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:09 am

Welcome to the LC! We're generally a friendly bunch. I'm Kelsey. Hope you stick around!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi Eden, great to meet you Smile I'm Laura. Enjoy the LC!
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Eden
Eden

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks a lot ! cheers
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 am

Wow, we're on google, that's pretty cool.
Nice to have you here, Eden, I've always admired people who can read literature in a second language.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Remember the google bots? That's how:)
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Eden
Eden

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Fingolfin wrote:

Nice to have you here, Eden, I've always admired people who can read literature in a second language.

Thanks. Very Happy Actually I will be proud of myself the day I will be able to read literature in danish. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Denmark   Greetings from Denmark Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Denmark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-
Jump to: