Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trivial Pursuit!

Go down 
+6
Tourterelle
Laura
GuardianSaiyoko
denizenofevil
Medusa
BeautyBlitz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Okay, I guess I'll pick a question for the next person.

What was the maiden name of Mrs. Elton in the book Emma?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:06 am

Her maiden name was Miss Hawkins.

What is the technical name, in psychology, for what is commonly called bipolar disorder?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Manic depression, says Daddy.

With which punishment did the women in "Lysistrata" force their men to end their conflict?
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
lintu
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
lintu

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Refused to have sex with them, I believe. I remember an angry teacher shouting that once.. scratch He was very... ashamed when he saw us behind him Very Happy.

What kind of salad is Bulgaria's Rakia most commonly served with?
Back to top Go down
lintu
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
lintu

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, that was too hard of a question. It's Shopska. Make sure you order yourself one next time you go to my dump of a birth place.

What kind of alcohol is most common in Russia?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Vodka.

What is the least appearing but important character of Farenheit 451?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:35 pm

It was Clarisse McClellan.

Anyhow ... How do you say "F you" in Mandarin? lol
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:45 am

Wikipedia is a friend... though I could not find the correct answer there, I found this nice little sentence:
cào nǐ zǔzōng shíbā dài - f* your ancestors to the eighteenth generation (at least that's what it says...)

Other than that.... How about "diu nei"?

New question:
What was the name of the oil tanker that shipwrecked in Alaska in 1989, resulting in a major environmental disaster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 am

I have no idea what diu nei means, lol. But your choice of swearwords is very creative! My eyes went Shocked, heh.
"gan" is the simple phrase. You took it quite a bit further, Razz

But the oil tanker was called the Exxon Valdez.

Which of her heroines did Jane Austen like best/worst?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Best: Lizzie Bennet, at least she gave her most of her own personality, and by far the best marriage.

Least: Mh, difficult one. I'd guess Emma - she's one stuck-up little nightmare!

NEXT:
What is a "koi"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:27 am

Yes, you're right on both counts. In Emma, Austen wanted a heroine that "no one but herself would like, and not even very much, herself."
Koi?
I'm guessing you mean that huge brightly colored fish?

Dictionary definition: koi [koy]
(plural koi) or koi carp (plural koi carp)
noun
brightly colored carp: a carp with red-gold or white coloring, kept as an aquarium or ornamental pond fish. Native to: Japan, temperate regions of East Asia.
Latin name: Cyprinus carpio
[Early 18th century. < Japanese]

What is widely considered the most controversial piece of literature today?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 am

Too hard? I wanted an opinion. My guess would be either Flowers in the Attic or Lolita. Anyway.

Easy one: What is Lady Gaga's real name?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 am

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. A rather unique name. But not as catchy as "Lady Gaga"

~~

Another easy one (well, for me at least). What do the 3 terms in Einstein's famous formula "E = mc^2" stand for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:37 am

Energy equal Mass times the Speed of Light squared. <--- because I space out during Biology class.

In Hamlet, who famously says, "There is something rotten in the state of Denmark"?

Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:29 am

The comment is by Marcellus

Who was the longest reigning monarch of England and how long did he/she rule for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 am

Victoria, who reigned for 63+ years.
She might be outdone by Q. Elizabeth II, though, who is going strong with 59+ years.

What insane demand did the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar (that name ... wow) make on his courtiers during his rule? At least biblically anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Pursuit!   Trivial Pursuit! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trivial Pursuit!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Miscellaneous :: Games-
Jump to: