Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Someone help me!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:07 pm

This is the only place it'll let me post.
The forum won't let me stay logged in. Every time I try to move onto a new page or refresh, it logs me out. All I can do is watch. But in the Who Is Online, it says I'm logged in (sometimes numerous times). I am logged in, but I'm not logged in?
The chatbox says I must be connected to use the chatbox when I actually am able to log in, and disappears when I'm not logged in.

I have no idea what's up! I've tried restarting the computer, deleting the forum cookies, X-ing out of the window, everything I can think of.

Has this ever happened to anyone, and what should I do?
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Oh, dang! I wish I knew how to help, but this has never happened to me before. I haven't heard of it happening to anybody else in LC, either.

Laura is logged in now; hopefully she can come and help!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:12 pm

I hope so! I've logged in about thirty times in the past 20 minutes!
This has happened one other time, but it only logged me out every few minutes. This time it's ridiculous.
I am on my dad's computer, as I will be until my new computer power cord comes in from Hong Kong. (Or at least I hope it'll come in.) It could just be his computer or something, but it's operating other sites fine.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Is it possible that you aren't clicking the option, "log me on automatically at each visit"? Do you think that could affect this?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:20 pm

No, it's definitely checked each time.
That was the problem last time, but this time, no matter what I do, I can't stay logged in.

Y'know it's a pain to post as a guest? You have to enter one of those anti-spam codes each time.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Ugh, I'm sorry, Kelsey.

It does say you're logged in now, though!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I know. That's the really weird part. Because I'm not. Earlier it was saying I was logged in twice, yet I was only a guest.

No clue what's up. I'm going to try restarting the computer again.

Those anti-spam codes are idiotic. Even if you do it perfectly, they make you do it at least three times because it's "incorrect." Bah, what do they know? At least we know our forum is safe from spam bots posting.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:30 pm

Okay, that sounds really frustrating. I still wish I could help.

I asked Paul if he knew anything about this, though, as moderator. Maybe he has an idea.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm not sure what could be causing this, either, but I do know I had problems with the chatbox that suddenly seemed to clear themselves up. Ever since the "optimization upgrade" it seems there have been issues here, but maybe these issues are starting to clear up. I will PM Laura and ask her if there is anything she can do.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:45 pm

I was in for a minute or so after I restarted! Long enough to check my PM inbox (but not to respond to anything) and log into the chatbox. But not long enough to say anything. It kicked me out.

And to answer your questions, Paul and Nicholle, sort of. See above.

I have no clue what on Earth this could be.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:41 am

As for troubleshooting.

I have checked your profile, and the forum settings, and whatever it is, it doesn't appear there. So what I would suggest:
1) Delete your cookies.
2) Empty your cache.
3) Make sure your security settings allow you to stay logged on.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:09 am

When I had gone to the forumotion help section that can be accessed through the Portal of this forum, it seemed that quite a few people were having problems within their own respective forums. I logged onto a section (although I couldn't post any questions) that dealt with connection issues, and a lot of people were complaining about:

1. Chat box issues. Staying logged in the chat box (similar to a problem I had until very recently when it seemed to clear itself up), and not being able to read what was in the chat box unless one logged in, when before they could (like what's happening to our chat box now).

2. Connection issues. Many were having the same problems Kelsey is now experiencing, along with others complaining that the connection process is much slower now. One moderator of that section suggested much the same thing that Laura has suggested. Hopefully it will work for Kelsey, and anybody else that may be having problems.

3. Forumotion server issues. It seems that forumotion servers have been having problems as of late, and many were wondering if this was the case now.

I am very much hoping that Laura's suggestions solves Kelsey's problems with staying logged in. If not, we will continue to search for answers.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:22 pm

I was able to log in on Firefox. (Just don't tell my dad I used it on his computer.) AOL simply wouldn't let me stay logged on here.

So:
1) AOL still sucks, and probably always will. And you PAY for it.
2) I am able to stay logged in as long as I am able to use Firefox.
3) These new updates suck. They've screwed everything up. Why fix what ain't broken, huh?
4) Thank you all. The LC has the best members and moderators ever.
5)I will work on AOL's settings for this site, but in the mean time I will be using Firefox despite not being supposed to.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Good to know you found a solution, albeit a temporary one.

I hope you're able to get back on your own computer soon!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Wande wrote:

The forum was working okay for me on my own computer (outside of the chatbox issues everyone's had). Too bad its power cord is messed up and I have to use Dad's weirdo computer. I ordered that new charger from Hong Kong almost a week ago. We'll see if it comes in. (I hope it comes in before Sims 3 gets here Tuesday!)
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Good. I'm glad to see you can log on now (don't worry...I won't tell your dad if you won't Razz ). AS Nicholle said, once you are back on your own computer that will hopefully take care of everything.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:10 pm

Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

The forum was working okay for me on my own computer (outside of the chatbox issues everyone's had). Too bad its power cord is messed up and I have to use Dad's weirdo computer. I ordered that new charger from Hong Kong almost a week ago. We'll see if it comes in. (I hope it comes in before Sims 3 gets here Tuesday!)

Oh my gosh, Kelsey! Sims 3! *squeals in delight* bouncy I have a classmate who got an advance copy (God knows how he got it but I didn't bother asking). He said it was so cool. You could get a car without the expansion packs or anything like that. I cannot wait! You have to tell me what it's like before I buy it, okay? 'Cause I want to make sure it's worth my money, and you seem to be a person of good taste in Sims. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

Oh my gosh, Kelsey! Sims 3! *squeals in delight* bouncy I have a classmate who got an advance copy (God knows how he got it but I didn't bother asking). He said it was so cool. You could get a car without the expansion packs or anything like that. I cannot wait! You have to tell me what it's like before I buy it, okay? 'Cause I want to make sure it's worth my money, and you seem to be a person of good taste in Sims. Very Happy

I really, really hope my charger gets here before Tuesday. (Though I wonder if it will come in at all. Ten bucks on eBay from Hong Kong? Slightly suspicious.) If it doesn't, holding the Sims 3 in my hands and not being able to play it might actually kill me. Especially since I paid extra to get it here ON the second.
But I'll be sure to let you know when I CAN actually play it.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

I really, really hope my charger gets here before Tuesday. (Though I wonder if it will come in at all. Ten bucks on eBay from Hong Kong? Slightly suspicious.) If it doesn't, holding the Sims 3 in my hands and not being able to play it might actually kill me. Especially since I paid extra to get it here ON the second.

When you do get it, please tell me how the CD case and CDs look. Awesome, no doubt. Laughing Did you order the one with the free USB? It's so cute. Will you install it in your laptop? Won't that take over a lot of memory?
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

When you do get it, please tell me how the CD case and CDs look. Awesome, no doubt. Laughing Did you order the one with the free USB? It's so cute. Will you install it in your laptop? Won't that take over a lot of memory?

No, I didn't go for the Deluxe set, which has the USB. I figured for an extra twenty five bucks, it wasn't worth it. I could probably buy one cheaper; it just won't be cute. I don't even know if I'll have to.
It's supposed to take up four or five GBs of hard drive space, and a GB of ram. Not toooo much. Probably not even enough to need a USB to keep all of it on.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:11 am

Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

No, I didn't go for the Deluxe set, which has the USB. I figured for an extra twenty five bucks, it wasn't worth it. I could probably buy one cheaper; it just won't be cute. I don't even know if I'll have to.
It's supposed to take up four or five GBs of hard drive space, and a GB of ram. Not toooo much. Probably not even enough to need a USB to keep all of it on.

Your laptop has a lot of memory then. By the way, I love your new user name. thumbs
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:26 am

Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

Your laptop has a lot of memory then. By the way, I love your new user name. thumbs

It has about a third of its memory left. I've been meaning to clean it out. That's the first thing I'll do when I get it back. To make it run quickly, you have to give it check ups.

Thank you. Galene is the Greek goddess of the calm sea. I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:57 am

Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Louisa Lucian wrote:
Galene wrote:
Wande wrote:

It has about a third of its memory left. I've been meaning to clean it out. That's the first thing I'll do when I get it back. To make it run quickly, you have to give it check ups.

Thank you. Galene is the Greek goddess of the calm sea. I liked it.

Well, I hope your charger gets there before June 2. Very Happy

Ha! I knew there was something about that name I loved. I love Greek mythology; that's why my user names before were like: Louisa (insert Greek god/goddess name).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Someone help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone help me!   Someone help me! Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone help me!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-
Jump to: