Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Write-A-Thon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Write-A-Thon Empty
PostSubject: Write-A-Thon   Write-A-Thon EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:56 pm

So. Our write-a-thon is scheduled for February, beginning on the 1st, ending on the 28th, 12pm GMT. Any material handed in after the 28th will not count, and please don't cheat by handing in stuff that you've written before the 1st!

I have created a separate forum in the writing section with a new group. Only members of this group will be able to see, access and use the forum, so we make sure that none of our material can be stolen. Anyone who wants to take part will have to send me a PM. I will then add him/her to the list of participants. Then your nickname will appear in green, and after logging out and logging back in again, you will be able to access the new subforum.

As to the proceedings: I think it would be most sensible if each participant creates one thread for him/herself, in order to avoid complete chaos. Those who do not want to publish their material in the forum are welcome to participate, too, however, they will be exempt from the competition. As for winners, I am pretty decided that the first places will be rewarded in some form.

Personally, I think it would be nice if we had some sort of jury, or if the community could vote on a winner - please post any thoughts on this in the ideas thread in the writing forum.
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com

Write-A-Thon
Page 1 of 1