Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The second star to the right, shines in the night for you

Go down 
+3
Louisa
Zara Mikazuki
Tourterelle
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

The second star to the right, shines in the night for you Empty
PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
You really kept your word of posting pics, Nicholle.

Well, that's one wrecking accomplished. *ticks off "Spine cracking"* What will you do next?

Jeez, I could really use that now. You don't know how much shit is going on in my life. Did you order that in Amazon? So your parents let you order whatever you want?

lol! I guess so! I don't know if I'll post all the pictures (that might be too much like spamming) but...yeah.

Hm, well, I had some left over Christmas money, and that's what I wanted! lol!

You should get one though, Louisa. It really is fun.

I will, as soon as 1) I have the money. (Pesos (php) and dollars ($) do not work well) 2) I have the time. Since I'll be moving to Canada I'm going to get Canadian dollars, not US dollars so I'll order it at Canada's local bookstore, Chapters. Thank God they have it.

Thanks for the tip, Nicholle! I can't wait to order! thumbs

No problem! I'm just psyched other people are doing this too. clapping bouncy
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:

Well, that's one wrecking accomplished. *ticks off "Spine cracking"* What will you do next?

Jeez, I could really use that now. You don't know how much shit is going on in my life. Did you order that in Amazon? So your parents let you order whatever you want?

lol! I guess so! I don't know if I'll post all the pictures (that might be too much like spamming) but...yeah.

I will, as soon as 1) I have the money. (Pesos (php) and dollars ($) do not work well) 2) I have the time. Since I'll be moving to Canada I'm going to get Canadian dollars, not US dollars so I'll order it at Canada's local bookstore, Chapters. Thank God they have it.

Thanks for the tip, Nicholle! I can't wait to order! thumbs
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Wow. You gals are such book-abusers. So am I the only one here who freaks out about a fold in the binding of a paperback?

I almost cried when I saw the cover of my Crime and Punishment mutilated. It was folded, ripped, and wrinkly. But at least all of the interior pages are okay...thank goodness...

I'm very overprotective over my books. I never stretch it too much for fear of the pages falling out of its staples. (My Archie Comics have been victims!) I rarely lend my books; only when it's beaten-up old paperbacks that have been ruined long ago.

When my books get damaged, I curse, then return to normal. I don't really throw fits if I was the one who damaged it. I freak out when I see somebody ruining my books, though. How unfair of me... *giggles* Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Wow. You gals are such book-abusers. So am I the only one here who freaks out about a fold in the binding of a paperback?

I almost cried when I saw the cover of my Crime and Punishment mutilated. It was folded, ripped, and wrinkly. But at least all of the interior pages are okay...thank goodness...

Well like I said, I don't mind underlining/highlighting things, but I hate seeing pages dog-eared and covers wrecked, spines cracked, etc. Mad

I write in my books all the time. It really helps me remember the information (esp. for an English test...). Dog-eared pages are probably my biggest pet-peeve with regard to books. I hate folded pages within a book, unless I'm absolutely desperate to hold my place and there is nothing around (which never happens)...
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 am

I take what I have and love it. If it gets beat up a little bit, I don't pitch a fit, but I try to keep what I have in good condition.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:07 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Well like I said, I don't mind underlining/highlighting things, but I hate seeing pages dog-eared and covers wrecked, spines cracked, etc. Mad
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 am

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 am

Medusa wrote:
The very worst that I've ever done to book (that I can remember) was accidentally rip the cover off. What a Face

Besides, it's the story inside that counts. Razz

You should have seen my Harry Potter 1 & 4 books. I tortured them. The Sorcerer's Stone was left out in the rain and has no cover. The Goblet of Fire broke in half several times, was repaired with duct tape, and then was finally lost.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:01 am

The very worst that I've ever done to book (that I can remember) was accidentally rip the cover off. What a Face

Besides, it's the story inside that counts. Razz
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
affraid You're BOTH sadists!

Broken spines are horrible. I'm not above highlighting a passage or two, but that's just bad!

Then I won't show you my working copy of Macbeth... Broken spine, snapped pages, and full of notes, ideas and post-its...
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:43 pm

affraid You're BOTH sadists!

Broken spines are horrible. I'm not above highlighting a passage or two, but that's just bad!
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Wait...so you're not supposed to crack the spine?!

On regular books and journals, that is.

Laughing You're kidding, right? I couldn't do that to a normal book; I only did it to the journal because it was a direction!

Okay. I probably should have put this in the utter stupidity thread.
I thought books (paperbacks, at least) were made so that the spine could be broken easily. Come to think of it, when typing this down my logic does seem a bit flawed.

...um, YEAH!

lol! lol! I don't think spines are intended for breaking.

My poor, poor books. I'm afraid I've unknowingly abused them.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Solveig wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

Laughing You're kidding, right? I couldn't do that to a normal book; I only did it to the journal because it was a direction!

Well, I don't really think you can avoid it with paperbacks... Embarassed

I try not to do that with my paperbacks, but they feel kind of uncomfortable until the spine cracks. Embarassed

No wonder my father thinks I'm a sadist.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

I thought books (paperbacks, at least) were made so that the spine could be broken easily. Come to think of it, when typing this down my logic does seem a bit flawed.

...um, YEAH!

lol! lol! I don't think spines are intended for breaking.
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:

Well, I don't really think you can avoid it with paperbacks... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Jane wrote:

Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
Jane

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Awesome, Medusa! clapping
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:14 pm

I tracked the product down in Amazon, and I think I'll get one. $10.36 + tax isn't too bad. Besides, I think my mom will prefer that I vent on a book instead of taking it out on my sisters. alien

Whoever came up with that idea must be a genius. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Medusa wrote:
So basically it's a journal that you're supposed to break? affraid

Forgive me, I've been out of the loop for a while.

That's pretty much it!

Other things in the book include document your dinner, take it in the shower with you, drop it off a high place, etc.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm

So basically it's a journal that you're supposed to break? affraid

Forgive me, I've been out of the loop for a while.
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 am

LuthienT wrote:
Louisa wrote:

If you have a lot of shit going on in your life, Lynn, you can always vent in on my thread. That's what it's for! geek

Already did it, Lilli. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:46 am

Louisa wrote:

If you have a lot of shit going on in your life, Lynn, you can always vent in on my thread. That's what it's for! geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The second star to the right, shines in the night for you   The second star to the right, shines in the night for you Empty

Back to top Go down

The second star to the right, shines in the night for you
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next