Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?

Go down 
+8
Zara Mikazuki
Goldfish
Laura
Medusa
denizenofevil
Jane
BeautyBlitz
GuardianSaiyoko
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:40 am

I could never remember anything strange I'd thought until tonight. I've got some insight into the pot hole thing now: Street grates, which I thought were waffles because of the way they look, are located near pot holes; it's only natural that I associate other street things with other breakfast breads (I really liked bagels-- still do).
I also thought that Donald Duck hated sandwiches, so if you didn't eat yours right away, he would throw it away when you weren't looking.
It's all coming back, and I wonder if I was on crack when I was little or something.
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:36 am

Kelsey wrote:
I just remembered (while I was walking my dog and saw the street) that I used to think that pot holes were caused by bagels and toast. How I came up with that, I will never know.

I had bagels and toast for breakfast. Haha!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:27 am

Kelsey wrote:
I just remembered (while I was walking my dog and saw the street) that I used to think that pot holes were caused by bagels and toast. How I came up with that, I will never know.

That's pretty bad, Kelsey. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 7:40 pm

lol! I'd take the spiders and butterflies and stuffed bunnies any day over a spider. I hate those 8 legged things.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 5:26 pm

denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
I used to think my best friend's pet rabbit was Bunnicula.

Anyone else remember Bunnicula? vampire albino

Bunnicula?!?!? lol! I remember him. All of a sudden, I remember the Killer Rabbit of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That rabbit scared the hell out of me...

lol! the little stuffed bunny from Monty Python scared you? haha.. I guess i shouldn't be talking since dolls still scare me.

Dolls scare you? lol! Although I'm ashamed to say that I can put up with snakes but not butterflies...
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 8:07 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
GuardianSaiyoko wrote:

Bunnicula?!?!? lol! I remember him. All of a sudden, I remember the Killer Rabbit of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That rabbit scared the hell out of me...

lol! the little stuffed bunny from Monty Python scared you? haha.. I guess i shouldn't be talking since dolls still scare me.
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 10:50 pm

GuardianSaiyoko wrote:

Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:52 am

Back to top Go down
https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
Zara Mikazuki

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Me and my cousin used to believe that a news reporter was recording our every move and broadcasting it on live television on some secret channel. We called him "Bobby Puppets." His wife was "Barbara Puppets." His son was "Bobby Puppets Jr." Wow, what imaginations we used to have.

Oh, and we believed that an old man with a cane by the name of "Teacher Rogers" lived in the closet of my other cousin's house. C-R-E-E-P-Y. lol!

lol! ...and I thought that I was crazy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Me and my cousin used to believe that a news reporter was recording our every move and broadcasting it on live television on some secret channel. We called him "Bobby Puppets." His wife was "Barbara Puppets." His son was "Bobby Puppets Jr." Wow, what imaginations we used to have.

Oh, and we believed that an old man with a cane by the name of "Teacher Rogers" lived in the closet of my other cousin's house. C-R-E-E-P-Y. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Well, I always believed there was a little person that lived in the bottom of my banana.

I blame that one on my parents! They always told me the black speck at the bottom of my banana was a little man! rofl
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:12 am

Epiphany wrote:
I thought mermaids lived in my parents' waterbed, so when I was 4 I would shove food, barbie clothes, etc down the sides of the bed for the mermaids. I also thought that if I stepped on the "crack" of the elevator floor (you know what I'm talking about, right? The inch or so wide crack that appears when the door is open?), I would fall through and die, so I always jumped across it. I was scared of escalators for the longest time, too, because I thought my shoelaces would get stuck in them.

lol! I forgot about the elevator thing. I was always afraid of that crack; I'm still not a fan of elevators.
Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Epiphany

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:55 pm

I thought mermaids lived in my parents' waterbed, so when I was 4 I would shove food, barbie clothes, etc down the sides of the bed for the mermaids. I also thought that if I stepped on the "crack" of the elevator floor (you know what I'm talking about, right? The inch or so wide crack that appears when the door is open?), I would fall through and die, so I always jumped across it. I was scared of escalators for the longest time, too, because I thought my shoelaces would get stuck in them.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Solveig wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
We played this game where I would use the reflection off of a CD and then I'd have my younger siblings try and catch it. Oh, you can imagine what happened next. Razz

Let me guess. You don't have much glass left?

lol! That's funny. If that'd happened, my mom would've been so mad. She would've thrown quite the fit. Close, though. My siblings would walk into things: the walls, chairs, tables...you name it, they've walked into it. A few minutes into the game and they would slump on the floor, tired and angry. lol!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:03 pm

Goldfish wrote:
We played this game where I would use the reflection off of a CD and then I'd have my younger siblings try and catch it. Oh, you can imagine what happened next. Razz

Let me guess. You don't have much glass left?
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 pm

GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
Nah, I'm generally very hard to offend you. Basically so long as you aren't in the midst of ritually slaughtering my friends or family I'm not offended yet. Just wanted to point out, there are some intelligent folks out there who do believe in reincarnation; every set of beliefs has its sane people as well as its crazies.

Damn, I knew there was something else we thought as kids that was awesomely ridiculous, but I can't think of what it was. I had a ton of adventures based off these kinds of ideas with my brothers, why can't I remember them all?

Well, something interesting- my parents raised us on Peter Pan. We watched the version with Mary Martin (currently in place of pride on my shelves) all the time. We watched Hook. We saw the play. We went out in the backyard, clambered all over the jungle gym my dad built and pretended we were Lost Kids- changed from Lost Boys at my parent's insistence- and we decided on our own that watch reflections were Tinkerbell and were utterly baffled at why we couldn't catch them. There it is! I knew if I went through this I'd find something ridiculous we thought!

To reiterate: My brothers and I all thought watch reflections were Tinkerbell, and we couldn't catch her because she was magic.

Several times a year my parents took us camping with this huge group of people we almost never saw at any other time, we all set up tents and trailers in a circle so we could party in the middle, and all of us kids got to hang out together and run about the campground and woods with no supervision. It was like vacationing in Neverland. We thought a lot of strange things about those trips, and spent a lot of time snipe hunting.

Of course, there are always crazies in everything. Very Happy Anyway, I wish I could go camping! God, I'd love to do that. I'd love to fish, hunt (even though the sight of blood makes me woozy), go camping, hike (I'm deathly afraid of heights, by the way), swim...just do a lot of things that I haven't had the opportunity to do. That sounds like quite the story.

Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Nah, I'm generally very hard to offend you. Basically so long as you aren't in the midst of ritually slaughtering my friends or family I'm not offended yet. Just wanted to point out, there are some intelligent folks out there who do believe in reincarnation; every set of beliefs has its sane people as well as its crazies.

Damn, I knew there was something else we thought as kids that was awesomely ridiculous, but I can't think of what it was. I had a ton of adventures based off these kinds of ideas with my brothers, why can't I remember them all?

Well, something interesting- my parents raised us on Peter Pan. We watched the version with Mary Martin (currently in place of pride on my shelves) all the time. We watched Hook. We saw the play. We went out in the backyard, clambered all over the jungle gym my dad built and pretended we were Lost Kids- changed from Lost Boys at my parent's insistence- and we decided on our own that watch reflections were Tinkerbell and were utterly baffled at why we couldn't catch them. There it is! I knew if I went through this I'd find something ridiculous we thought!

To reiterate: My brothers and I all thought watch reflections were Tinkerbell, and we couldn't catch her because she was magic.

Several times a year my parents took us camping with this huge group of people we almost never saw at any other time, we all set up tents and trailers in a circle so we could party in the middle, and all of us kids got to hang out together and run about the campground and woods with no supervision. It was like vacationing in Neverland. We thought a lot of strange things about those trips, and spent a lot of time snipe hunting.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:39 pm

GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
Solveig wrote:
I use Tarot cards as well, but not as a serious instrument but more as a party game. Does that make me an esoteric weirdo? Laughing

If it does, then I'm one as well.

I believe in spirits, but uh... not that your spirit can run off at night to meet up with an internet boyfriend. Suspect I also still believe in past lives but that's because reincarnation is part of my beliefs. I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm totally wrong on that though, which I suppose is the difference. I'd be a bit disappointed though.

I used to think there was an evil world that could only be accessed through my or my brother's bedroom mirrors. I tried to convince both brothers we should try and get in and explore it.

Oh, I hope I didn't offend you, Guardian. Sorry if I did. Embarassed I know people who believe in past lives and it is not the way that I believed in. At all. Like I said, I was a dumb kid.

No, Solveig. I don't think it makes you an esoteric weirdo.
Back to top Go down
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
GuardianSaiyoko

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Solveig wrote:
I use Tarot cards as well, but not as a serious instrument but more as a party game. Does that make me an esoteric weirdo? Laughing

If it does, then I'm one as well.

I believe in spirits, but uh... not that your spirit can run off at night to meet up with an internet boyfriend. Suspect I also still believe in past lives but that's because reincarnation is part of my beliefs. I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm totally wrong on that though, which I suppose is the difference. I'd be a bit disappointed though.

I used to think there was an evil world that could only be accessed through my or my brother's bedroom mirrors. I tried to convince both brothers we should try and get in and explore it.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
thats nothing...she also beleives in Tarot cards. She says they "talk" to her. Oh, she's a nice person, VERY self involved so unless I want to have a conversation revolving around her and her life, we don't really talk anymore. Crying or Very sad

I have friends like that. I have a hard time with the whole believing in tarot cards thing, because it used to be an Italian card game. And I'm like "Oh-kay, an Italian card game that sees into the future? That's amazing." I mean, I don't believe in it, I've met people who do, but I don't take it too seriously. I wonder how the game was played though...
Back to top Go down
Goldfish
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:45 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Thats nothing...I have a friend who STILL beleives in spirits. She's even gone so far as to tell me that her spirit floated out of her body and went across canada and to New York to have an "intimate encounter" with her internet boyfriend.
drunken

I believe in spirits, but not in THAT way. lol! That's very interesting.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? 1st_place

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:45 pm

thats nothing...she also beleives in Tarot cards. She says they "talk" to her. Oh, she's a nice person, VERY self involved so unless I want to have a conversation revolving around her and her life, we don't really talk anymore. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
denizenofevil
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 pm

ahahahaha... That's um....very interesting..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next