Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IT SNOWED! ACK!

Go down 
+3
Talkatoast
Laura
BeautyBlitz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 1:57 am

Yes, I'm serious. "Faggalo" is (loosely) Italian for "thin rod," which, in most English-speaking countries could very well mean cigarette, especially in its shortened form "fag" or "fagot." I knew what you meant when I thought about it (because I've read it in books) but, being in America where "fag" has a much different, ruder meaning most of the time, my first instinct was to think "Why are you peering at gay people, Solveig? Saying that was rather rude..." but then I put it together.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:40 am

Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
I am getting the eerie suspicion we may be too much alike... *peers at fags*

Well, I must say that I thought you guys were being insulting for a second, because in the states, the word "fag" is an insult. It is usually applied to gay people because... well, you know.
Anyway, we've had a few light snows here, but nothing too serious. I like winter when it snows.

*lol* Are you serious? *giggles*

I wasn't meaning to be naughty, I just seem to have picked up too much British slang already. Must remember to spend more time with non-British speakers of English Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
Kelsey

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 am

Solveig wrote:
I am getting the eerie suspicion we may be too much alike... *peers at fags*

Well, I must say that I thought you guys were being insulting for a second, because in the states, the word "fag" is an insult. It is usually applied to gay people because... well, you know.
Anyway, we've had a few light snows here, but nothing too serious. I like winter when it snows.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards : IT SNOWED! ACK! 1st_place

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 pm

snow melts and turns to slush...plus...we're supposed to get freezing rain Monday, after more snow saturday and sunday. Good thing I have no life and don't go anywhere. lol!
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Medusa

Number of posts : 270

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:54 pm

I'd trade with you in a second.
Where I live we only get slush, slush, and more slush.

Razz
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:49 pm

lol! I hate to laugh at other people's misfortunes, but our neighbor brought it on herself. lol!

We've gotten, oh, about 10 inches of snow by now and instead of shoveling her driveway, she decided to back out through the snow. She got stuck Exclamation She completely slid out of her actual driveway and is sitting on top of the lawn.

Did I mention that I hate snow. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:20 pm

I love snow! Except when I slip in it, fall on my butt, and everyone laughs at me.

We got about 8 inches or so two days ago, and it has stuck too! So pretty. sunny

On a different topic, Jeff Foxworthy makes me want to kick something.
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:13 pm

if I could give you mine, I would do it in a heartbeat. cyclops
Back to top Go down

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: whiner!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Gosh, I can't believe it you are SO lucky!!! Here it's humid, hot and sticky. In winter, it's bitterly cold, with the wind ripping through you, but it never EVER snows. Be thankful! I'd give anything for a bit of snow ... it's a huge treat ...
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:53 am

BeautyBlitz wrote:
yeah, we have 4 seasons here.

Almost winter
Winter
Still Winter and
ROAD CONSTRUCTION
(I'd like to thank Jeff Foxworthy for that one)

lol!

lol! lol! lol!

Reminds me of Cumbria. If you cannot see the Isle of Man from the coast, it'll be raining soon. If you can see it, it already is raining. Wink
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:48 am

yeah, we have 4 seasons here.

Almost winter
Winter
Still Winter and
ROAD CONSTRUCTION
(I'd like to thank Jeff Foxworthy for that one)

lol!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru
Louisa

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:44 am

Well, at least it snows there. Crying or Very sad In my place, we only have to seasons. Summer and rainy seasons. Exciting, right? pale
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am

I am getting the eerie suspicion we may be too much alike... *peers at fags* flower

I had to take a second, then a third look...I thought you wrote FANGS...not fags.....I was like, what? She thinks we're vampires now? HUH? I was all confused.

lol!

There's your laugh for the day Exclamation lol!
Back to top Go down
Talkatoast
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
Talkatoast

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-12-04

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 am

You're so lucky that it snows. Where I live, it's rare to even get snow. We had some snow last year, but it didn't even stick. Sad So the last time we had real snow was about seven years ago.

I love snow. Winter is so ugly without it. Well, I can make winter look beautiful by taking pictures of it because pictures seem to do some things justice. But winter on its own just isn't pretty without those white, sparkling beauties.
Back to top Go down
http://chronicle.augusta.com/xtreme/
Laura
Admin
Laura

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 am

I am getting the eerie suspicion we may be too much alike... *peers at fags* flower

Fortunately, no snow left around here, we had our fill in the middle of November, and it's been raining ever since. I love this country. No proper winter, no proper summer. Sometimes I think we just don't show up on the map of the guy who makes the weather Wink
Back to top Go down
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
BeautyBlitz

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 am

I just went outside (cuz I'm an evil awful smoker and I don't smoke in my house) and it snowed, A LOT!
It must have dumped about 6 or 7 inches over night and it's still snowing.

I HATE SNOW! Oh well, the shoveling will be good for my waist line lol!

santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT SNOWED! ACK!   IT SNOWED! ACK! Empty

Back to top Go down

IT SNOWED! ACK!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: