Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1000 Awesome Things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

1000 Awesome Things Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Awesome Things   1000 Awesome Things EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:18 am

Not really a joke, but still fun. I try to check this site daily; it's quite a mood uplifter. The little things do tend to be the best.

http://1000awesomethings.com/
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
Tourterelle

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Awesome Things   1000 Awesome Things EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 am

I also like Gives Me Hope. Someone wrote the site's link in a bathroom stall at school, and I decided to check it out later.

GMH is just as uplifting, albeit more dramatic (save for a few):
http://www.givesmehope.com/

A recent one I like:
"I was talking with this little girl I used to babysit for before I started college.

I explained to her that I'd be gone for a while and would only see her when I came home for vacations.

She said, "So you'll be gone for the whole year except summer and holidays?" I nodded.

"So you're going to Hogwarts?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Awesome Things   1000 Awesome Things EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 am

Thanks for the links, Nicholle. I checked them out (feeling a bit under the weather, I've been confined to bed) and came up with these jewels.

Today my 7 year old daughter gave my 5 year old son a kiss on the cheek.

After she walked away, I saw him rubbing the spot where she had kissed him.

I asked if he was wiping the kiss off. He said "no, I'm rubbing it in so it gets to my heart faster."

and

As a child, I remember begging on the streets for money.

I also remember a little boy who used his allowance to buy my mother and I food each weekend.

I remember my mom getting sick, the little boy taking us in, the love songs he wrote for me while we lived with them, and walking down the aisle with him.

Adam, your love GMH.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Awesome Things   1000 Awesome Things Empty

Back to top Go down

1000 Awesome Things
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Miscellaneous :: Fun & Jokes-
Jump to: