Literary Cabinet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Epistolary Novels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:56 pm

I found that I have several books of letters, both authentic and fictional, and I love reading them. What do you think about reading epistolary novels? Have you ever read any?
Back to top Go down
https://literarycabinet.forumotion.com
Paul
Admin
Paul

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Well, Frankenstein sorta fits this description. Besides that, I really can't think of any, not at the moment. It's an interesting form of narrative, but I don't think I would want to read that style all the time.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

I took a small survey of my shelves yesterday night (while dusting them), and it turns out I actually have heaps of epistolary texts, both fictional and non-fictional. I had no idea that I've practically been collecting them for ages - it seems I don't know myself quite as well as I thought.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
March Hare
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:20 pm

I realize I am way late for this discussion, but I haven't been on recently, and I couldn't resist the opportunity of promoting Dracula. Wonderful novel that not only uses the traditional diary but also letters and newspaper clippings. I loved that novel.
Back to top Go down
Eden
Eden

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-06-16

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Dangerous liaisons by Choderlos de Laclos is a wonderful espitolary novel. The movie with Glenn Close and John Malkovith is quite famous and really well-done but I can only encourage you to read the original book. It's sometimes a bit confusing (lots of characters exchanging letters) but it's definetly worth it. The letters are pervaded by ironic and cruel reflexions and it is most of the time really subtile. In addition, and it helps a lot, the novel is extremly well-written. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Eden wrote:
Dangerous liaisons by Choderlos de Laclos is a wonderful espitolary novel. The movie with Glenn Close and John Malkovith is quite famous and really well-done but I can only encourage you to read the original book. It's sometimes a bit confusing (lots of characters exchanging letters) but it's definetly worth it. The letters are pervaded by ironic and cruel reflexions and it is most of the time really subtile. In addition, and it helps a lot, the novel is extremly well-written. Very Happy

I own that one, actually. I bought it at a book fair a few weeks ago, and I plan to read it in the next weeks. (It is, in fact, at the bottom of my suitcase already Wink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epistolary Novels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epistolary Novels   Epistolary Novels Empty

Back to top Go down

Epistolary Novels
Page 1 of 1